It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver interwiews Stephen Hawking on HBO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Toward the end of the interview stephen is asked about the biggest topic that he believes we do not understand and that is time. I think you may enjoy it. Not that i agree with him all the time but he makes a good point here. We will soon see advances with video games that allow us to tap into another set of time while playing that would allow one to live a full life in the game but only spend a few hours in a hyptonic state.

Many of us know full well what stephen describes and it is seen in some nde's. Many will think i am crazy but i have expeirenced conversations with people that when i remember the occasion i am often left with a sort of sub conversation that was not part of the original time. I feel like it is possible that if someone were outside of what we call time then it would be possible to send information to be written under that original space.

This thought along with our advancements in other tech. like 3d printing and matter distribution is starting to bring rise to the thought of just exactly where we live and if what we see is truely the shape of things. Givin the resources i could create a planet in a matter of days on one end and on the other it could be evolving for millions of years. The possibilities are becoming even more endless.

edit on 18-6-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

It's funny, I always got the impression that he has a good sence of humor.

As being the most intelligent person alive....I dunno.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Excellent! Clever indeed, laughed out loud.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
John really deserved his own show, and he was fun to watch when John Stewart was filming last summer...

As for video, very funny, brings some human side into Dr. Hawkins.

Well done! S & F - thank you for sharing this!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog Yes i enjoyed the interview too.

Based on your signature i want to ask you what you think of the questions of time he raises and the possibility of an afterlife being mathmaticaly explained. Before you say it the DR. did not go that far down the wormhole but he did say basicaly that time is relative and influenced by outher forces that are not fully explained yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
In my opinion, possibility of afterlife being mathematically explained is very low, close to 0.

Of course, as long as you don't talk about the game from 90's....

Not sure where you got that idea from...
edit on 20-6-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog I got all that from the DR's words. You see when it becomes understood that time as we know it is false then everything changes including the thought that somewhere you could be in a seperate time that what we see here could just be an extension of that time. If i could tap into your brain and hook you up to a diminsion where everything happens 100 times quicker than it does here then you could live and die in that place never knowing that you are here hooked up to a machine. That is just one aspect of it but if time warps exist then it all changes into everything is possible within the limits of our imagination. You cling to science much but what happens when humans have control over all aspects of it? the unbelievable happens.

top topics

join