It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Dept. of Homeland Security Become America’s Standing Army?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A very interesting read that pulls all the facts together to paint a grim picture...The US is gearing for a Police State and many just can't or won't believe it.

We here at ATS have been putting these facts together in single threads that serve to give us the facts one at a time but so far these threads have not been compiled to paint the entire picture. This article has done just that. And I must admit that upon reading it, I was left with a sense of "I knew it" and also despair. I am one of those that was trying to put the pieces together but this author did it better than I ever could.

www.activistpost.com...

Just to start:

“Here [in New Mexico], we are moving more toward a national police force. Homeland Security is involved with a lot of little things around town. Somebody in Washington needs to call a timeout.”—Dan Klein, retired Albuquerque Police Department sergeant

We all know what's going on in Albuquerque with the police force running rampant over its citizens. Many threads here so no need to re-hash.
To begin:

The third largest federal agency behind the Departments of Veterans Affairs and Defense, the DHS—with its 240,000 full-time workers, $61 billion budget and sub-agencies that include the Coast Guard, Customs and Border Protection, Secret Service, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)—has been aptly dubbed a “runaway train.” In the 12 years since it was established to “prevent terrorist attacks within the United States,” the DHS has grown from a post-9/11 knee-jerk reaction to a leviathan with tentacles in every aspect of American life.

Has the DHS become a standing army as many believe? Read on.

The menace of a national police force, a.k.a. a standing army, vested with so much power cannot be overstated, nor can its danger be ignored. Indeed, as the following list shows, just about every nefarious deed, tactic or thuggish policy advanced by the government today can be traced back to the DHS, its police state mindset, and the billions of dollars it distributes to police agencies in the form of grants.

Here is a list of facts that will open your eyes if you are still denying what is happening around you. All of these points have been ATS threads a number of times but here they are in full so as to bring it all home.:

Militarizing police and SWAT teams.

Spying on activists, dissidents and veterans.

Stockpiling ammunition.

DHS, along with other government agencies, has been stockpiling an alarming amount of ammunition in recent years, which only adds to the discomfort of those already leery of the government. As of 2013, DHS had 260 million rounds of ammo in stock, which averages out to between 1,300 to 1,600 rounds per officer. The US Army, in contrast, has roughly 350 rounds per soldier. DHS has since requisitioned more than 1.6 billion rounds of ammo, “enough,” concludes Forbes magazine, “to sustain a hot war for 20+ years.”

Distributing license plate readers.

Contracting to build detention camps. Yes DETENTION CAMPS...

In 2006, DHS awarded a $385 million contract to a Halliburton subsidiary to build detention centers on American soil. Although the government and Halliburton were not forthcoming about where or when these domestic detention centers would be built, they rationalized the need for them in case of “an emergency influx of immigrants, or to support the rapid development of new programs” in the event of other emergencies such as “natural disasters.” Viewed in conjunction with the NDAA provision allowing the military to arrest and indefinitely detain anyone, including American citizens, it would seem the building blocks are already in place for such an eventuality.

Tracking cell-phones with Stingray devices.

Carrying out military drills and lockdowns in American cities.

Using the TSA as an advance guard.

Conducting virtual strip searches with full-body scanners.

Carrying out soft target checkpoints.

Directing government workers to spy on Americans.

Conducting widespread spying networks using fusion centers.

Carrying out Constitution-free border control searches.

Funding city-wide surveillance cameras.

Utilizing drones and other spybots.

More:
www.activistpost.com...
And from the article:

The establishment of a national police force has served as a fundamental and final building block for every totalitarian regime that has ever wreaked havoc on humanity, from Hitler’s all-too-real Nazi Germany to George Orwell’s fictional Oceania. Whether fictional or historical, however, the calling cards of these national police agencies remain the same: brutality, inhumanity, corruption, intolerance, rigidity, and bureaucracy—in other words, evil.

There is nothing here that can be argued. All the points are fact, this is happening and will continue until America is on a complete lock down. It's scary, horrifying and sad to say...true.

And for those that have more time:

My point in bringing this up once again? Only that this article has truly brought it all together for me and I hope that by bringing it here it will open a few more eyes. Do I have a solution? No. So don't ask. I believe the solution is a personal thing for each and every one of us. What do WE do in this case? Get out? Run to the hills? Stand and fight with Private Militias? I don't know because we must all make these choices for ourselves.

I am Canadian, that's true. So why write this thread? Because whatever happens to America happens to Canada and that's my fear.

I'll ask this question to all, why do you think the prepper movement has come to the forefront and grown to encompass Dick and Jane on Mulberry lane? Why are private militias growing in numbers? Remember the incident over land and cows? It took the people to make the Govt. stand down. It could have gone a lot worse and thankfully it didn't.

The problem I see now is that very soon there will be incidents and battles with the private militia and DHS. There will be blood shed on both sides and it will be a trigger for the Govt. to expand its grips even more. This is what they want.

So there it is. Now you have it all and can choose what to do with it. All we need now is another 9/11 scenario to activate. If this has all happened because of 9/11, can you imagine what it will be like with another one? So, Has the Dept. of Homeland Security Become America’s Standing Army? I say yes.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Peace

edit on 18-6-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

"Has the Dept. of Homeland Security Become America’s Standing Army?"

It absolutely HAS.

Many Cities and Localities are going through experimental drills (live and psy-op'd).

Part of the NWO plans.

The U.S. Progressives have a unique "problem". How to circumvent The Posse Comitatus Act? DHS is that way.

Obama said so himself in so many words......
Obama Civilian Security

www.youtube.com...

Very Very Dangerous !!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
lets send homeland Security to Iraq. Sounds good to me. So I suppose the government considers Homeland Security the armed militia so we don't need guns promised in the second Amendment anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I'd say yes and no.

It would seem that they are arming all of the government agencies but the group which I would categorize as an "army" would be the police.

This is exactly why they are militarizing the police and why the establishment almost always allows the police to commit violence and brutality without consequence.

With regards to individual rights against search and seizure, the courts are continually siding with the State and law enforcement.

Seems to me that they are laying the ground work for a militarized police state where the average cop can do pretty much whatever he wants.

And after the Nevada incident, where two cops were killed, I think its safe to say that they will now be even more militant.

edit on 18-6-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

I'd say yes and no.

It would seem that they are arming all of the government agencies but the group which I would categorize as an "army" would be the police.

This is exactly why they are militarizing the police and why the establishment almost always allows the police to commit violence and brutality without consequence.

With regards to individual rights against search and seizure, the courts are continually siding with the State and law enforcement.

Seems to me that they are laying the ground work for a militarized police state where the average cop can do pretty much whatever he wants.

And after the Nevada incident, where two cops were killed, I think its safe to say that they will now be even more militant.

Yes it's coming:

It's been coming for awhile now. Slowly but the surely the cops are getting more aggressive, breaking their own laws, beating citizens and even making up their own laws. Most citizens just accept this as the norm and follow along.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
lets send homeland Security to Iraq. Sounds good to me. So I suppose the government considers Homeland Security the armed militia so we don't need guns promised in the second Amendment anymore.

This is exactly the plan.

The disarming of citizens is gaining ground. The less guns the people have the more ground the Govt. can claim without fighting.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

"Has the Dept. of Homeland Security Become America’s Standing Army?"

It absolutely HAS.

Many Cities and Localities are going through experimental drills (live and psy-op'd).

Part of the NWO plans.

The U.S. Progressives have a unique "problem". How to circumvent The Posse Comitatus Act? DHS is that way.

Obama said so himself in so many words......
Obama Civilian Security

www.youtube.com...

Very Very Dangerous !!

Exactly.

The arming of small towns means control in the urban areas. The live drills in small town America is just to get citizens used to seeing it until the game is not just a game. Much easier that way.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

There is nothing here that can be argued

Agreed.

The only items left on their Hope list is designer cattle cars and large ovens.

We are screwed.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
No. no, no. You can just keep repeating things that are not true that refernce other things that are not true. DHS has about 100 thousand armed personel with the bulk of that being the border patrol and the coast guard. Most of DHS agents are armed no better than the vast majority of law enforcement with a side are and maybe a shotgun. DHS like most law enforce does have SWAT team style units among its agencies but just like in other law enforcement your getting to the 1% range of an agency. So in numbers so tiny they become insignificant at the national level. And I know we have covered the Ammo purchase thing a hundred times a being people who do not understand goverment contracts. That ammo was not and may never be purchased but over the several years it covers X amount of rounds are locked in that price. So the border patrol can not leave the borders, the coast guard can not leave its ships, TSA can not leave the airports, the Secret Service can not leave the White House etc. to form a Army of a whopping 100K agents with handguns from a dozen agencies who have no training beyond their areas specialty. Please people, just think, look at some numbers, do some research and let this silly silly idea die.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

No, no, no you say?

But this Yes, yes, yes outfit suggests different....

Contractors are the "in" and the "out".

The Government Training Institute

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Just for you:

TSA DOES leave the airports.

T.S.A. Expands Duties Beyond Airport Security

www.nytimes.com...
The squad was not with the Washington police department or Amtrak’s police force, but was one of the Transportation Security Administration’s Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response squads — VIPR teams for short — assigned to perform random security sweeps to prevent terrorist attacks at transportation hubs across the United States.

With little fanfare, the agency best known for airport screenings has vastly expanded its reach to sporting events, music festivals, rodeos, highway weigh stations and train terminals. Not everyone is happy.

Peace

edit on 18-6-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I want to keep my guns because terrorists may come around and try something. I'll stick by that excuse. If the government wants to post a police officer outside my house to guard me, then I will give them my guns....Everyone needs to stick by this, Our government will be bankrupt in less than a year.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I want to keep my guns because terrorists may come around and try something. I'll stick by that excuse. If the government wants to post a police officer outside my house to guard me, then I will give them my guns....Everyone needs to stick by this, Our government will be bankrupt in less than a year.

If they can arm themselves because of the "terrorists"...So can you.

Peace

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Get ready....Mr Spad notwithstanding...to defend your precious freedoms to the death sooner than later too......
The hour approaches as it were.....to begin the great second civil war in America.....
The Canadians and Mexicans will also be fighting for their own freedoms at the same time.....

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Just for you:

TSA DOES leave the airports.

T.S.A. Expands Duties Beyond Airport Security

www.nytimes.com...
The squad was not with the Washington police department or Amtrak’s police force, but was one of the Transportation Security Administration’s Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response squads — VIPR teams for short — assigned to perform random security sweeps to prevent terrorist attacks at transportation hubs across the United States.

With little fanfare, the agency best known for airport screenings has vastly expanded its reach to sporting events, music festivals, rodeos, highway weigh stations and train terminals. Not everyone is happy.

Peace

Well TSA is in charge of all transpotation securtiy however, the vast amount of their employees are unarmed and work the lines at the airport. They focus so much on that, that it has become rare to see them doing the rest of their job. However this does not change the fact that DHS which is just the umbrella that all these other branches fall under has no organized force to use. All the different branches have different training, different mission and different cultures. The US simply does not have an internal security forces that places like Russia have between the ministry of the interiors Internal Security foces that number about 200 thousand and the FSB which is DHS but with with real armed manpower around 300 thousand with 4000 special forces, plus Russia 900 thousand man federal police force. And that is all for a country with 1/3 the population of the US. When you start seeing a police to population ratio like Russia then you can start muttering about a police state. The US for its size and population is underpoliced. However I know that ruins a good camp fire tale.

new topics

top topics

join