It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question for the "actors" here...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I cant sit here by the computer for very long today so my participation will be spotty ( as usual) in my own thread. LOL! Forgive my crappy thread author habits.. I have a few irons in the fire. Excuses, excuses!

I was with a few long term friends this past weekend, and we were talking about a project I had in the works and their own experiences with recognition and dealing with the public. Im not an actor or anything like that, I just have an odd way of thinking and it translates into odd ideas that people seem to like. LOL! My question to them was.. how do they deal with being recognized. Now Im a private person. Maybe.. possibly.. pathologically private. Not shy at all, just a control freak over when I want to be seen or approached and when I dont! I weirded out a while back when the kid up the street asked me what I was ( nationality) because they were watching me garden in the front yard. I said how can you see me from that far?! He said his dad was using a spotting scope. I weirded out and didnt garden in the front yard for over a year. Im NOT joking. LOL! I dont like being observed, watched, recognized... and unlike a lot of folks, dont like attention. Ive spent my life attempting to be invisible unless I WANT to be seen.. with little success! I mean if I CHOOSE to be recogized.. like speakng on a subject in public or etc... Im fine because I choose it. When Im approached by a random person.. I feel its weird. Theyre imposing on my ME time and peaceful frame of mind. LOL!

So answer me this: HOW do you deal with it? Is it something in you that doesnt mind or actually enjoys the recognition? Is it just a personality difference or have you learned a skill that enables you to deal with people and their strange ways that I have yet to discover?
Is it impossible to craft something, give it to someone else to claim and be recognized for, and micromanage behind the scenes so I can be totally hidden but still cash the check? LOL!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage LOL! My question to them was.. how do they deal with being recognized.

Not very well.

As a group, thespians are amongst the most maladjusted people out there.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

originally posted by: Advantage LOL! My question to them was.. how do they deal with being recognized.

Not very well.

As a group, thespians are amongst the most maladjusted people out there.

LOL! I must know the attention whore segment of the thespian group. They appear to enjoy it... REALLY enjoy it.
Id experience one event of weirdness from a stranger recognizing me and acting the absurd way they act... and buy security bars and another dog.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I write and sculpt and I am kind of like you. What I thought is if I ever garnered attention from something I did, I would credit my sister with it so she could take all the limelight as she would love it. Clearly acting would not work but making something like you said, you could use someone you trust if you don't mind not taking credit.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Man after my own heart.

I've always wanted to just blend in; I'm not at all curious about other people and I find their fascination in me disturbing.

I live in a gated community of 22 flats, and I can 'feel' the eyes on me whenever I go out to the car.

I start to relax when I drive out the electric gate...

You would be surprised - and scared - by what your neighbours know about you, even if you don't talk to them.

How do I cope?

Go further into my shell.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
after reading this i can't help but think about bart simpson
(positive attention vs. negative attention)

"actor" (greek: hypocratus?)
aka: hypocrite
someone who does not really mean the things they are saying/doing...

a deceiver

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I'm a SAG/AFTRA actor. I have been in over 100 films and TV programs.

I have never been recognized by anyone outside the industry and it breaks my heart.

Of course my roles are so small, I'm really not that suprised.

I'm the guy with the beard.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I could never do it, I could never be famous or live in a fish bowl. I am too self conscious and don't like attention. I can't understand the mentality. Why draw peoples attention to your self? You are setting yourself up for scrutiny. You have to take the time and energy to behave in socially acceptable ways at all times If I feel like wearing the same shirt 2 days in a row because it wasn't worn long enough to get dirty, I am going to do it. if I want to run out of the house with just my hair in a pony tail and no makeup, well I am going to do that. I couldn't stand to be judged for such a thing.

I don't get celebrity worship either. Seriously, hopefully someday someone can explain that to me.
edit on 19-6-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

Sorry olaru12 but that movie looks dreadful. The trailer is too forced and I see nothing of substance, only cheap gags. Not uncommon, seems to be the problem with the majority of movies made this millennium. But if you are proud of it, then I am happy for ya.
edit on 19-6-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I'm a SAG/AFTRA actor. I have been in over 100 films and TV programs.

I have never been recognized by anyone outside the industry and it breaks my heart.

Of course my roles are so small, I'm really not that suprised.

I'm the guy with the beard.

www.youtube.com...

Ivan? Is that you? Were you the bad guy that comes to town with Clinch's girl, Anna?

I thought 'Million Ways to Die' had some pretty hilarious stuff in it, but then I loved Seth's Academy Awards performance.

Sorry about your broken heart. ;-)

new topics

top topics

join