It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Pope Petered out?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...
Why Is Pope Francis Canceling Events?

Cancelling events, weight gain, and fatigue.

The Vatican has played down concerns for the pope, saying last week the pope cancelled his appointments due to a slight “indisposition” and that it was “not serious.”

Meanwhile, on Obama's visit, he gave the pope seeds that Obama said he thought might be carrots.

www.cnsnews.com...

Obama gave Francis a symbolic gift of seeds from the White House fruit and vegetable garden.

"These I think are carrots," Obama said as held a seed pouch. "Each one has a different seed in it. The box is made from timber from the first cathedral to open in the United States in Baltimore."

youtu.be...

edit on 103030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I did a search and this is what I came up with. Is this your source?
www.thedailybeast.com...
edit on 18-6-2014 by csimon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: csimon
I did a search and this is what I came up with. Is this your source?
www.thedailybeast.com...

yes, TY, wow , that makes it even worse.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

edit on 18-6-2014 by dashen because: Forgot how to read

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I thought would look up carrots in mythology just for laughs and giggles, i was a little surprised.

The carrot (Daucus carota subsp. sativus; etymology: from Late Latin carōta, from Greek καρωτόν karōton, originally from the Indo-European root ker- (horn), due to its horn-like shape)

herp, horn

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

OK,

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Maybe the just needs to relax a little away from everything to rejuvenate a bit. When using his energy as he does it can become overwhelming at times especially with so much none believer energy present to address.

1 wishes he luck and sends strength.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nah, he is south American - must be World Cup!!!

You'll see, everything will be OK once World Cup is over.

edit on 18-6-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

What you did there...

I see it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If you had to deal with the rampant corruption in the Vatican you'd be old and tired too.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The pope is a very old man ... and he's running on only one lung ... and he's got a highly stressful 24/7 globetrotting job. That would wear anyone out.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I hope it is just fatigue related to his lung issues and not a case of Banker's Revenge since they have been replaced recently.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
20lbs? Yikes...Youd think that with the pile o gold he sits on and all the support staff that maybe he would have some help with keeping healthy. Especially considering he had pre existing health problems.

Orrr maybe he knows that the end is nigh and hes just been binging..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog
I never thought of that.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket
20lbs? Yikes...Youd think that with the pile o gold he sits on and all the support staff that maybe he would have some help with keeping healthy. Especially considering he had pre existing health problems.

Orrr maybe he knows that the end is nigh and hes just been binging..

it said weight gain like that could be the heart and lungs not functioning correctly

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
If you had to deal with the rampant corruption in the Vatican you'd be old and tired too.

I am old and tired.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

What you did there...

I see it.

LOL, I was hoping someone would.

What did you see?

see who gets it right
edit on 113030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: evc1shop
I hope it is just fatigue related to his lung issues and not a case of Banker's Revenge since they have been replaced recently.

After the stink that was the death of JPI, you might be right. And I'm sure the Vatican doctors would be more than willing to "not find anything unusual" for an old man during a physical. A lot of slow poisons out there, and they wouldn't just want to find a suddenly dead pope again. That would draw suspicions even more fierce than last time.

Though, I abhor the institution, I respect the man and feel he has done more to turn the image of the HRC church around and I would really like to believe his sincerity, but since I'll never meet him, I will just have to settle on the actions of the man and give him the benefit of the doubt.
He is one man in a very big See full of sharks and predators. Bad pun, but fitting.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The Pope usually takes a holiday in July (there's a papal retreat outside of Rome, as I recall,) but he didn't take one last year, so it's been pretty much nonstop for a year and a half. As an old man with a missing lung, it's not surprising that he'd be getting worn out. I hope that he takes the holiday this year.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join