It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Bigfoot encounter..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Alter-Ego
First, I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I have no problem believing the possibility of a Bigfoot existing even though I don't have a personal experience. I've been thinking about doing a Bigfoot thread and outlining all the factors that would make its existence possible. I believe once you step back, and really think about the unexplored territories and edible plants that exists for it survive,it becomes an easier pill to swallow.

That's an awesome drawing, you have a good hand for that.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DPrice

OK Mr Know it all. Ever heard of tachypsychia? You know when everything seems to slow down and extreme detail is remembered due to an adrenalin dump into the blood stream.

I know every time it's happened to me I remember extreme detail and I haven't forgotten any of it. Fights I've gotten into- I remember small details like the patterns (the specific patterns ) a guys varicose veins in his legs looked like. The scars on his ring and pinky knuckles.

Saw a strange airplane a month ago a few times. Remember every single detail like watching a movie in slow motion with the zoom on all the way and the ability to pause examine certain instances in the memory over and over.

Like other posters said, One day you will have something remarkable happen to you and you will remember all the details pristinely. Hopefully you'll think back to this thread when you do.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Yeah that is an excellent drawing. And, I enjoyed the OP. Very interesting sighting. So human in their mannerisms. "well I'm busted. The human sees me. Nothing to do now but stand up an nonchalantly walk away. Don't mind me. I'll be going this way now."

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I enjoyed your story and I believe you. A 12 year old kid wouldn't think to check for footprints or other evidence. Thank you for sharing. :-)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Congratulations. I have had one sighting in my life as well, and have really been hooked on the subject ever since, although I had some interest in the possible existence of the animals even before this. I think part of what people find difficult to accept is that for an animal like this to exist, it MUST be somewhat intelligent since it remains so elusive. I do not subscribe to the idea that they are as smart as humans, but here is the thing many fail to realize: they do not have to be as smart as us to appear as smart as us. Why? Because the difference in our environments.

Their bushcraft skills are all that matter, their ability to find food and stay hidden. It does not take intelligence to instinctually seek cover when the presence of a human is noted. So although they could be consciously avoiding us, I think it is more instinctual. Why I have no idea. There must obviously be some biological reason for such avoidance, and I hypothesize that they have what I term and avoidance instinct. It is mostly instinctual, but carried out in tandem with intelligence. They have some ability to rationalize and make logical decisions. This much is obvious to me after studying encounter reports for years.

So although the primal instinct is to keep out of sight and keep their distance, their intelligence can either aid them in this task or allow them to override this instinct if they feel they can get away with it. And they often do. Here is what I mean. In almost all cases sasquatch flee when they detect a human. However, if they know that they have not been seen they often will not flee. In fact, something that alludes to their intelligence is their ability to choose their moment, which is when they know the gaze of a person is not upon them. They understand that we see similar to the way they do it would seem. They know when we can see them and when we cannot, probably just by which way our head is facing. This "peeking" is quite a common behavior, and is just more evidence that they attempt to remain hidden. They peek their heads around trees or in this case a large rock because that is the best way for them to stay abreast of the situation without exposing themselves.

During my encounter what occurred was that the animal was either already in the area or had come there to see what was going on. I think he watched us coming in on foot through the woods, got whatever information he wanted, and then fled. I had walked around some trees and had come into an open clearing and I saw him heading towards the line of trees on the opposite side of the clearing. He was heading away from us, and so like I said, either he heard us coming and fled or he was watching us and then fled. I think it is more likely that he would have approached us instead of us chancing right upon the spot where he was located. The odds of that are not very good. So they seem to have some natural curiosity, but I think this is strictly about understanding us and our intentions.

They might not give two craps about humans, but if a human is in their environment they might wish to know what they are doing. Another common thread however is that they will often only become really inquisitive if a person has remained in their environment for days. They will wait people out sometimes, say if a person has plopped themselves in an area the animal wishes to go through or whatever. But this also seems to depend on the importance of the area. If for whatever reason the area was of vital importance to the animal, it will display aggressive behaviors in an attempt to get the person to vacate the area, and more often than not they will hang around and continue their displays until you have gotten really far away, at which point they will leave you alone.

Rarely have they become aggressive to the point of violence, and reports of such violence are sporadic and most of them are older, say 19th century along with even earlier Native American accounts. Their aggressive displays usually consist of shaking trees, throwing rocks or other easily found objects, and vocalizing. These vocalizations are sometimes ape-like or monkey-like, and sometimes they are deep, guttural growls, but their range is quite substantial. They do a decent job of mimicking certain other animals as well, although it does not seem to be perfect. I am not positive on the mimicry point, as the eyewitness evidence for such rarely actually involves a sighting, so I will not say that I am certain on that point. But the idea is out there in the research community.

I could write about these animals and about my personal beliefs regarding them for hours on end. I started a book on the subject a few months back, one in which I wished to present my novel hypotheses as well as offer comments on the hypotheses of others regarding just how these animals are able to survive amongst us without being seen. But truth be told they are not superb at remaining undetected. There are many sightings every year. More than people realize. Most of these go undocumented however, and only a small fraction of reports ever actually make it into a database organized by a research group.

I hypothesize that the sasquatch population is growing at a somewhat substantial rate when compared with previous decades, and this population boom is likely due to them repleneshing their numbers after some cataclysmic population decline that occurred hundreds of years ago...I guess at the time that Europeans started coming to and settling this continent. Perhaps human diseases riddled and decimated their numbers. Even Native American accounts from centuries ago tell of a once thriving population that was substantial, which they say died off. Partly this was attributed to conflict, both between natives and sasquatch and the bigfoot themselves, but I do not believe this had any significant effect on the overall population. Disease is much more likely in my opinion.

The numbers I have heard given of the sasquatch population are far too low. I have found only a few individuals who share in my belief of a thriving population that is quickly on the rise, but perhaps I will be proven correct one day. The estimates range from hundreds of individuals all the way up to about ten thousand. I feel that the population across North America is more like 40 - 60 thousand individuals. The reason it does not seem like there is so many is because the majority of them live far away from human settlements. The choicer locations are those which are deepest in the forest, because remember the avoidance instinct of sasquatch. I hypothesize that the majority of sasquatch have never seen a human being, because of their location. Most people do not realize the sheer acreage we are talking about across North America. Lands that have never been tread on by human feet even.

Go look at the square miles of uninhabited forestland in the US, and then realize there are 640 acres per square mile. The number of acres of potential habitat is astounding. The fact that people are seeing sasquatch means that the sasquatch are pushing closer and closer to human settlements. There could be multiple explanations for this but I maintain that their increasing numbers are driving them further and further from already occupied territory. That is that other sasquatch are occupying the choicest locations while others are pushed further out from the center of the forest, and thus closer and closer to large cities and other centers.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: bunnyohare1

Also If you think about it. The sasquatch probably knew the OP was a child and no threat. Did nothing threatening and even made noise when leaving to dissuade the child from following because he probably knew if human kids are anything like sasquatch kids he could get himself in trouble. Better egress in a way so the little whippersnapper doesn't follow and get himself into trouble. Or bring trouble to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Jiggy,

I really enjoy your posts here on ATS and on other forums. They really should make you a Mod for the Crypto forums on ATS, which have fallen by the wayside here over the last few years. Members like you posting is what's needed. And submitting good articles for threads.

You've got a good reputation here and on other sites. So time permitting, why not be a mod for ATS's crypto? I'd think you'd be great at it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Didn't look for foot prints or investigate the path this supposed creature made through the forest? That or packing up and leaving immediately. Not buying it.

And if there were 8-10' hominids of some sort living in North America, they would be documented by now. At the very least there'd be their scat piles and, on occasion, a skeleton.

Also keep in mind that all primates live in groups/bands/troops/tribes. All of these supposed Big Foot encounters/sightings always involve just one. Then there's the fact that a band of big hominids in the wilderness would be hard to hide in this day and age, particularly with IR satellite imagery.
edit on 18-6-2014 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Sasquatch is a joke.

Anybody who has hunted any time at all (wink wink) will be the first to tell you that Sasquatch does not exist.... it's impossible to have an unknown group of humanoids that big just running around willy nilly in the woods....just doesn't work that way.

As many "sightings" as are claimed over such wide areas would necessitate a fairly large group of breeding animals in order to maintain populations..... you would be seeing dead sasquatch lining the highways just like you do deer.

It simply not logically possible for such a creature to exist.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive
Didn't look for foot prints or investigate the path this supposed creature made through the forest? That or packing up and leaving immediately. Not buying it.

And if there were 8-10' hominids of some sort living in North America, they would be documented by now. At the very least there'd be their scat piles and, on occasion, a skeleton.

Also keep in mind that all primates live in groups/bands/troops/tribes. All of these supposed Big Foot encounters/sightings always involve just one. Then there's the fact that a band of big hominids in the wilderness would be hard to hide in this day and age, particularly with IR satellite imagery.

Again, I respect everyone's views and opinions, with that being said.. I don't really care if you "Buy" it or not... I am not selling anything, simply reporting what I "saw". This sighting was not "speculative"... it was not an "opinion" of alleged migratory patterns or breeding populations... it was not a brief glimpse through thick underbrush.. it was right there.. fifteen feet in front of me. Real.

What he/she/it/they are I do not know.. all I do know is what I saw that morning. It wasn't a man and it wasn't a gorilla.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
First, I want to thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I have no problem believing the possibility of a Bigfoot existing even though I don't have a personal experience. I've been thinking about doing a Bigfoot thread and outlining all the factors that would make its existence possible. I believe once you step back, and really think about the unexplored territories and edible plants that exists for it survive,it becomes an easier pill to swallow.

That's an awesome drawing, you have a good hand for that.
Black bears can get to be almost 600 pounds. One got run over by a combine not that far from here. So there is know doubt in my mind that a bigfoot has enough food to munch on out there. Great job on telling your sighting Op.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Yeah I t was a good recount of what you saw. Don't let over zealous skeptics dissuade you from this thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
There're people who say stuff.

The scientists say it's impossible. They're too big. They're humanoid! To have a high enough population to survive, even if there was enough food, rules out them being able to hide from us this long. And where're the fossils? The bones? This thing should went extinct as Homo genus dominated, like some 50,000+ years ago at best, probably 500,000 years ago or more.

So there's no bigfoot. End of story.

But people say stuff.... in quiet spaces... in hushed voices most of the time. Who wants to be thought of as crazy or weird?

Maybe in some deep part of us we know it's real, but instinct tells us to deny it. Maybe it's better to not know hte truth.

And who knows. Maybe this guy is mental or lying. No one wants to be gullible. Safer to just distance yourself from it.

It probably isn't real anyway. We'd know if it was. Too many camaras.

PS: I knew some persons who said they'd seen it. Not sure if they were crazy or making it up or what. They're gone and grown up now.
edit on 18-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It must have realized that as well, because no sooner did I think that.. it just stood straight up.

I would've have relieved myself unabatedly.

Excellent account of your sighting.

SnF

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I believe Bigfoot has enough food to eat without having to be a carnivore, although it's most likely a omnivore. Edible plants, mushrooms, roots, fruits (paw paw, blueberries, etc) and insects alone could help this animal thrive. They're also spotted near streams. Like bear they may be really good fishermen or..fisherfoots. Plenty of fish out there.
Many reports start with the witness describing Bigfoot as squatting before it gets up and retreats, I think it's because they are foraging and distracted by what they may be digging or picking.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Some good reading:
en.wikipedia.org - Hominidae...

If someone did enough reading on this and knew the science, maybe they'd have a better handle on what it might be.

Getting to "might" probably requires seeing this thing first or having good strong evidence it's out there. Otherwise... Otherwise it's just BS that goes through your BS detector and gets thrown out with loch ness monster and UFOs and overunity machines and new age healer nonsense.

Just learning about our evolution and distant relatives is worth it, though. Even if there's no Bigfoot and we're just all nuts.
edit on 18-6-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

A family of Bigfoot visit the forest and creek across my street. Made a topic here a while ago about it. I believe your story brother, thanks for sharing it.

Haters gonna....

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Excellent recollection of your encounter, and very well presented. And a great drawing as well.

I believe you.

I grew up at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains: A VERY remote area surrounded by dense forests.
There used to be something that screamed like a Big Foot in the woods across the road from our house.
My sister saw one walk past the bathroom window one evening too.

Other people further up on the mountain made claims of seeing one too. One story made the local newspaper.

Yes, I have no doubt they are out there. They seem to be telepathic, as you said, "it seemed to read your mind". This could be another reason why they are so hard to catch; they know when the people are tracking them, so they hide.

I would like to be a fly on the tree when some of these skeptics see one someday, or 100% proof is found for the public.

edit on 6/18/2014 by sled735 because: typo

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

The scientists say it's impossible. They're too big. They're humanoid! To have a high enough population to survive, even if there was enough food, rules out them being able to hide from us this long. And where're the fossils? The bones? This thing should went extinct as Homo genus dominated, like some 50,000+ years ago at best, probably 500,000 years ago or more.

They are more and more sightings every year, they aren't hiding very well.
Maybe we have found fossils, bones. There are multiple news article from the 18 and 1900's that speak of giant bones from red haired giants being discovered. Bigfoot is often mentioned having red hair. Where are the fossils now? You'll have to ask the Smithsonian.
I've already explained what a Bigfoot could live on in the wild in my last post. They're not to big, there is plenty to eat if you know what you're looking for.
As for their breeding habits and population, we don't know how long they live. Longevity changes the factors. They may only have one offspring every 50 years and live an average of 150 years. We just don't know enough to say it's not possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Sometimes the most compelling evidence is just the sheer volume of anecdotal evidence from people who seem quite credible, or don't tell anyone until their deathbed. It may not be scientific, but is very compelling.

Great account OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join