It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the bible is thought control?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i think that the bible is one of society's oldest forms of thought control, used to control the tribes and pagans in ancient times, i mean you tell aload of simple people basically, if you behave in your life you will be rewarded with eternal life when you die all you have to do is follow these rules, simple message for simple people, only problem is humans brains evolve, and then people question the truth, and thats when society crumbles and their plan fails, so they bring out harsher ways of controlling us i.e wars, and fear tactics even staging terror attacks. what does everyone else think?

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

only problem is humans brains evolve

You have to admit though, they tried to plan for it.

Any kind of thought against the words of the bible, or differing opinion, is taught to causes damnation. Does leave much room for questioning for those that follow.

Shame it's only a man that decides what goes in and what can be read by the public, it's the only flaw in the plan really.

"You will not find me in a book of man"
"You will not learn of me through the teachings of another"

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The Bible teaches one how to live. It also says how mankind is inherently sinful, and how man can be saved, in a nutshell.

Now there are people who misuse it. I believe the Bible, but I am against organized religion.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If the bible is mind control, it would explain why, at least in my part of the world, why it is the only religous book on public school premises.

I wasn't even aware there were other religions until later on in my school life, talk about restricting your choices by not giving the option.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Amethyst why are you against organised religion??

The bible is hate propaganda, with titbits of wisdom and love. It certainly is not all good with content not only condemning but promoting homophobia, genocide and misogyny. It is also a dangerous pacifier of the human will to resist persecution (making it easier for authority to manipulate you).

I believe that the bible could certainly be a way of controlling the thoughts of people- do as it says or burn in hell for eternity. free will is taken away and rules and regulations on life imposed.

top topics

join