It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House budget punishes IRS with 15% cut, halts Obamacare enforcement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Great Title, But if Only it was True or at lest going to happen.
I can't believe it'll be allowed to pass with the Democrat controlled Senate and if they do grow a pair, Obama would never sign it.
Now for the article it's self.

The House Appropriations Committee is set to OK an IRS budget of $10.9 billion, $1.5 billion under President Obama's request for fiscal year 2015, reducing the agency's budget to 2008 levels.

The goal is to keep the tax agency focused on its “core duties,” and eliminate efforts to judge the political activities of tax-exempt groups and brake its implementation of Obamacare.

Yes, keep those Vultures Focused on their Core Duties, Not Harassing Everyday Citizens.

This funding level is sufficient for the IRS to perform its core duties, including taxpayer services and the proper collection of funds, but will require the agency to streamline and make better use of its budget.

In addition, due to the inappropriate actions by the IRS in targeting groups that hold certain political beliefs, as well as its previous improper use of taxpayer funds, the bill includes the following provisions:

-- A prohibition on a proposed regulation related to political activities and the tax-exempt status of 501(c)(4) organizations. The proposed regulation could jeopardize the tax-exempt status of many non-profit organizations and inhibit citizens from exercising their right to freedom of speech, simply because they may be involved in political activity.

-- A prohibition on funds for bonuses or awards unless employee conduct and tax compliance is given consideration.

-- A prohibition on funds for the IRS to target groups for regulatory scrutiny based on their ideological beliefs.

-- A prohibition on funds for the IRS to target individuals for exercising their First Amendment rights.

-- A prohibition on funding for the production of inappropriate videos and conferences.

-- A prohibition on funding for the White House to order the IRS to determine the tax-exempt status of an organization.

-- A requirement for extensive reporting on IRS spending.

ObamaCare –The bill also includes provisions to stop the IRS from further implementing ObamaCare, including a prohibition on any transfers of funding from the Department of Health and Human Services to the IRS for ObamaCare uses, and a prohibition on funding for the IRS to implement an individual insurance mandate on the American people.

You all know as well as me, the Democrats and Obama will never allow this Common Sense / in Favor of the American Citizen Bill go through.

I only Wish
When Obamas IRS gets down with you Citizens that have to be enrolled in Obamacare Scam, this will be your life line to True Freedom!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah ... you're right. The Republicans know this is a safe bill. Serves as a sock in the eye, at best.
edit on 1762014 by Snarl because: Deleted the pot-stirring part. LOL

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Having done some serious IT work, with windows servers, and windows clients. Most store outlook emails in 3 separate places. Local, server, and some sort of NAS. The IRS should be punished and jailed if possible. The overwhelming arrogance of this administration is nothing like I have seen in my 56 years.

But this is why I have said before the difference between republicans and democrats is the spelling. They could have done something similar to this long ago. I ask how they can complain about presidential spending when they control the checkbook. To stand before the people and say Obama spends too much and then cut 15% funding from the IRS tells volumes to citizens.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This makes way to much sense for congress to pass.

At least it makes a statement before mid-term elections and puts the IRS on notice that they better shape up. They should have included funding for a email backup system as well. The IRS seems to have trouble finding them when it might implacate the executive branch in a scandal.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Having done some serious IT work, with windows servers, and windows clients. Most store outlook emails in 3 separate places. Local, server, and some sort of NAS. The IRS should be punished and jailed if possible. The overwhelming arrogance of this administration is nothing like I have seen in my 56 years.

But this is why I have said before the difference between republicans and democrats is the spelling. They could have done something similar to this long ago. I ask how they can complain about presidential spending when they control the checkbook. To stand before the people and say Obama spends too much and then cut 15% funding from the IRS tells volumes to citizens.

But, But, But, My Friend, I agree with you and Many Have Come To Know,,, The Truth! Thank G_D I can Truthfully say with a Clear Conscious, Me Nor My Husband Voted For this Thug!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
This makes way to much sense for congress to pass.

At least it makes a statement before mid-term elections and puts the IRS on notice that they better shape up. They should have included funding for a email backup system as well. The IRS seems to have trouble finding them when it might implacate the executive branch in a scandal.

True and 2016, I'd like to see them go for a Flat Tax and leave us Old Retired Folks Alone this Time Around!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Oh, this is all transparent alright. No matter how hard I look, I can't see the truth anywhere. Just vanished all together. As transparent as fine crystal, indeed!

Now if they'll bring it back just as quick, I'll really stand to give applause.

(Oh course, they'll have to find it first, and I'm not sure it really exists to BE found within places like the Infernal Revenue Service, even when they aren't losing it 'on accidental purpose')

edit on 6/18/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
That's about the size of it, sad to say..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
WE need the names of the men responsible for this

So that we can be sure they can congradulated and re-elected!!!

X

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
WE need the names of the men responsible for this

So that we can be sure they can congradulated and re-elected!!!

X

You should be able to read the doc here: www.documentcloud.org.../p1
If not it's at the bottom of the article, just click the link I attached.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Why does the IRS need 10.9 billion dollars of taxpayer money to operate? Can't they just pay their bills out of what they steal, er collect, from us? And what kind of a profit are they making if a 10.9 billion dollar operating expense is worth the cost?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

56 years? By the looks of your avatar, you've been smoking cigars for a long time!

I total agree with your post though, they must believe the average Joe is a complete idiot.

PS - That kid looks like Spanky from the Little Rascals.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Yes, keep those Vultures Focused on their Core Duties, Not Harassing Everyday Citizens.

I thought harassing everyday citizens was their core duty.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This bill isn't designed to be passed. It's designed to get political brownie points from the various people up for reelection in their district by letting them say, "see I voted for this, the other guy didn't."

Always be leery of any legislation that comes down the pipes during election years.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

56 years? By the looks of your avatar, you've been smoking cigars for a long time!

I total agree with your post though, they must believe the average Joe is a complete idiot.

PS - That kid looks like Spanky from the Little Rascals.

Don't go by the looks I have been smoking cigars for a long time. Can't beat an Arturo Fuente Hemingway. And yes that is Spanky, just like that photo, I can relate. As I child I watched the Little Rascals, I am kind of the flag waving old school kind of person. Thanks

posted on Jun, 21 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I had studied your picture and thought it might be a b&W of a modern look-alike kid with a photo-shop cigar.

Then I realized that was far too elaborate and came to believe it was actually Spanky from a scene in which he actually puffs on a cigar.

Heck, it was back in the 1930s, I bet he could have bought it himself at the tobacco shop, along with a pack of Lucky Strikes. I wouldn't doubt that Butch kid put him up to it.

top topics

join