It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there something wrong with being globally aware?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Respect also to you and your ability to see the truth.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

On a lighter note and different topic...

When you post 2 or 3 posts back to back, your moving avatar syncs up perfectly causing my brain to feel like it has drank several of whatever you are having there.

It's a little trippy when framed just right.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with being globally aware. I just think we should create real jobs for all of our people, not just the ones who can run advanced technology. We can do more than just work at Subway with a degree, we can create jobs other than at Walmart and big corporations. We need small corporations building things we use so more people can be working. We should not be making medicine such a big part of our economy either. Doing so makes it more desirable to not cure people.

Oh yeah, you live in the UK, it is a little over there.
edit on 17-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
In this day and age one must be aware of what goes on around the world .. often events in one country can and do greatly affect / destroy lives in other countries ..
Being blind to the world outside ones country is a fatal flaw in this time ..

Well said as always TrueBrit .. not much to add as you covered it well ..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
I think here in the UK we have better and more sane news, proper documentaries and reporting, getting to the facts, keeping it real refraining from sales pitch soundbite ''here's your opinion, we decide that for you, suck it up'' style 'fast food' news.

And I say that as no disrespect to the US but I have found most of the reporting and news styles there a form of sugar coated patriotism lacking substance and insight. Like the government ad guys wrote the news, coated it in 'shiny' and wrapped it in a plastic coated stars and stripes flag and stuck a 'god bless America, wooo woo woo woo woo' cocktail stick in it.

On that premise, the reporting style of the US has a lot to answer for regarding US centric attitudes that are all too apparent on ATS. Thankfully there are those of US persuasion that can see past the 'ad news' and perhaps see the reality and the value of other non US centric opinions.

As for the ''it's all a Zionist plan'' brigade, this seems a symptom of the shiny plastic coated ad guy news, just wrapping it up in a different flavour of 'shiny'.

God forbid (actually God permit) that America ever takes itself out of it's plastic bubble, removes it's blinkers and realises that their own and other governments policies and behaviour around the globe are more misguided, complex and historical than a plastic soundbite.

Never did get much beyond the footy scores and page 3 girls when was in uk and read papers .. was otherwise busy or down the pub .. not read a newspaper in years ...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

There are plenty here that are similar in their attitude to the news.

However the news coverage and decent documentaries are there on mainstream TV, quality newspapers in print and online and on other internet sources for those that choose to educate themselves on matters.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

True .. just found better sources over the years to keep up with whats going on in the world .. never have had much use for mainstream media regardless where its from .. often what gets printed/reported as being news is far from truth and biased to push agendas .. no press is truly free anywhere in the world ..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Hehe!

I had not noticed that before, but you are quite right! It does make one feel as if one is "tripping balls" ! I am glad to know that it is not just me feeling somewhat peeved about the issue of the way opinion is treated here at the moment though.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread so far.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

People who have traveled broadly, with the right attitude toward it at least, tend to come back wiser, and of course with better stories to tell. I think however, that an awful lot depends on mindset, where the effect of travel is concerned. By and large though, you are absolutely right.

I think it is important to remember that one can love his homeland very much, without being blind to its faults, and incapable of accepting commentary which points them out. I love my country, but I know there is a great deal wrong with it. One could go as far as to say, a failure to recognise the flaws in ones nation is not a patriotic stance, and yet many people take that view, unfortunately.

I fully intend to continue to promote a view which takes into account the evils of politics as it is done in these times, no matter which country the subject revolves around. It is important that people be warned when they sink into the familiar old trenches, rather than making progress toward a better future for themselves, their families and their countries, by abandoning the old bastions and building new ones, on better foundations.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
One strategy that the Illuminati use is to get their enemies to fight and destroy each other.

Society has to be torn apart into smaller cliques before being destroyed because it is difficult to destroy a united and collaborating civilization.

You have to break things up, isolate, alienate, and plant seeds of distrust and hatred.

ATS is a prime target because so many here come together to confront challenges and keep each other strong and informed.

The Illuminati program of divide and conquer is working VERY well.

Don't be gullible.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
When you post 2 or 3 posts back to back, your moving avatar syncs up perfectly causing my brain to feel like it has drank several of whatever you are having there.

I use a program called Easy GIF Animator to deal with that, for example:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
True hon......spot on as usual.
Hope you're feeling better for your justifiable vent.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The solution truebrit is to make people globally aware and erase arrogance. You can see the problem you propose in the micro-environment. We are so damn arrogant that our bubble is all that matters. The only time we extend our bubble is to attack others for their way but goddess forbid someone talk about our house...omg no way! I am perfect

If you really want my unpopular opinion, I think individualist societies are pathetic. I am not saying we cannot be unique, but we need to care for others, not just our own self-righteous butts

so the solution? Rid the world of this idea that only we matter

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Being globally aware is great, unfortunately most people think they attain global awareness from watching 30 second clips on the evening news. These clips, carefully worded and edited, are designed to manipulate and rarely represent the reality on the ground.

Take the US gun debate. (Please don't debate here, just using it as an example) To those outside the US it must seem like we all have to run from our front doors and roll across the sidewalk then dive into our vehicles while dodging the hail of automatic gunfire perpetually raining down on us all just to go buy a container of milk. The truth is that the vast majority of the US is a pretty peaceful place.

If you are constantly bombarded with news of people getting shot you will form an image of wild west shootouts on every corner. When the media hypes a shooting and replays it over and over while telling you we need to "do something" about this gun violence you will think there must be an EPIDEMIC of shootings. The media will, however, leave out the fact that shootings have been in decline for the past two decades or so. They will leave out that their statistics include people who kill themselves. They will leave out that some of their statistics include police shooting bad guys. They will leave out that their stats on children being shot sometimes include "children" in their 20's. They will also fail to explain that the numbers they push, though sounding very high, are in a nation of 300 plus million people (300,000,000+) and are not as much an epidemic as they are trying to portray. I can go on and on.

The point is that what you may think you know regarding certain matters is not reality. We Americans are guilty of it as well as everyone else. Stats on paper, laws on the books, political procedures coded into laws and statutes, etc ... don't always pan out in real life as they are written on paper.

The problem arises when someone makes a claim and are countered by someone actually there but refuses to listen because they think they know better.

TrueBrit, not necessarily relating all this to you. I know the thread you referred to wasn't about guns, it's just the perfect example. You can be aware and try to understand as much as possible but sometimes unless you are actually there or have experienced something it's difficult to relate and fully understand.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You have a country to effect change upon, do it. Leave other people's countries to them. I mean, isn't that what the world has told america for the last couple of decades? Yet you're offended when another country tells you to do the same.

When you or I speak about a country which we don't originate from, nor have a strong tie to (lived there for years), our opinions are from a foreign perspective. Our opinions don't take into account the fullness of their culture.

I can call my brother a dick, but if you do it, I'll kick your @$$. It's that sort of thing.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 22-6-2014 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join