It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inmarsat: MH370 Searchers Didn't Look in Most Likely Crash Site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This has been all over german News sources today, so I thought this may be of interest to some here.

A British satellite company says authorities have yet to search what it believes is the most likely crash site of the missing Malaysian jet.

The search location was determined based on electronic signals sent from the plane to a communications satellite owned by Inmarsat. An Inmarsat official told the BBC on Tuesday that the location searched was "further to the northeast than our area of highest probability."
(Quote: voanews.com)

Here are some of the articles I read today:
Die Welt (German Newspaper)

Der Spiegel Online (German Magazine)

N24 (German News Broadcasting Channel)

Here is the english article I found:
Voice of America News

BBC News article found by Stumason

As it seems, they have deliberately been "searching" in the wrong area....
edit on 17/6/2014 by Pakd-on-mystery because: included additional BBC News link

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
it seems everyone has been ignoring Inmarsat, and yet they're about the only people who had real data. It still stinks!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
[/url]a reply to: Pakd-on-mystery

Here is a link to a BBC article, in English

It is certainly odd that they haven't searched the right area, although the article does point out the Australians are planning to start a new search soon with this area being a "high priority"

edit on 17/6/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Thank you for the Link Stumason, I will include it in the initial post as soon as this comment is finished!

I truely hope they begin a new search and find the wreckage. The Victim's relatives deserve clarity, not the constant back and forth that has been going on.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

It really makes you wonder what exactly is going on..
Why would they ignore Inmarsat's information?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Pakd-on-mystery

Apparently....

But as Horizon reports, the Ocean Shield ship never got to the Inmarsat hotspot because it picked up sonar detections some distance away that it thought were coming from the jet's submerged flight recorders.

The priority was to investigate these "pings", and two months were spent searching 850 sq km of sea bed. Ultimately, it turned out to be a dead end.

So, they were on their way, but got distracted by the pings and never got there.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason
Two months seems like an aweful long time of being distracted, especially if they had satelite data pointing to a different spot. It makes sense that they would let that distract them, but why not send out a different ship to check out the location Inmarsat's data is providing?

All of this is beginning to sound like they deliberately took their time so the black box could not be evaluated..

edit on 17/6/2014 by Pakd-on-mystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Apparently....

But as Horizon reports, the Ocean Shield ship never got to the Inmarsat hotspot because it picked up sonar detections some distance away that it thought were coming from the jet's submerged flight recorders.

The priority was to investigate these "pings", and two months were spent searching 850 sq km of sea bed. Ultimately, it turned out to be a dead end.

So, they were on their way, but got distracted by the pings and never got there.

Well that in itself is a mystery then because those pings are supposed to be unique for each plane!
That suggests they were receiving fake pings! almost like someone didn't want them to go to the 'possible correct location.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pakd-on-mystery

It really makes you wonder what exactly is going on..
Why would they ignore Inmarsat's information?

Assuming the plane was deliberately brought down, then those responsible would need to hide anything that might make it obvious. Might they remove the original and place another plane there?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Perhaps, but you have to remember that these ships were out at sea for quite some time and, after a while, there is no "hurry" to find the aircraft because there won't be any survivors and the pingers would have shut down, so any further searches would be using other methods, such as sonar scans of the sea bed. They then also need to return to port to refuel, restock and possibly swap out crew.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Are they? That's the first I am hearing of that.

From what I know, all the pingers in the world will emit a frequency of 37.5KHz They have chosen this frequency for it's ability to propagate through the water.

Interesting, short article on how they work

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Didn't they start searching farther SW which is what the data was said to indicate then they moved it NE a few days later. I think they said the data was refined farther. So who is BSing who.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Are they? That's the first I am hearing of that.

From what I know, all the pingers in the world will emit a frequency of 37.5KHz They have chosen this frequency for it's ability to propagate through the water.

Interesting, short article on how they work

I find it quite unbelievable that they would not modulate an identifier onto that signal. They could do it by simply creating known mark/space ratio's, there's so many ways they could do it that they'd have to be utterly incompetent not too!

And yes, I did read somewhere that they were identifiable. I'll see what I can dig up.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
So IMMARSAT is doubling down on their lie and that passes as news.

What a pathetic state of affairs.

This latest statement from them does not constitute any new development and it CERTAINLY does NOT warrant it's own bleedin' thread!

If the plane ended up anywhere near the SUPPOSED search area, debris would have been found. Bits of 777 would be scattered over thousands of square miles by now.

None of it makes sense for a very straightforward reason, it didn't happen.

The plane was hijacked and the hijackers have caused BILLIONS of dollars in damages already.

There is only one defence available; deny, deny, deny.

edit on -05:0058146232014-06-18T10:23:58-05:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join