It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amen; True witness to the creation.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity
What 's the meaning of Aten , is it only a different pharo (sp) or is their more to it?
just asking. 1%

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Some scholars and theologians think that Amen is possibly derived from the Egyptian Sun god Amun Ra.

There are many aspects of Christianity that were adopted from previously existing religions.

By "some scholars" do you actually mean, "a recent addition of speculation from theosophists posits the possibility that "amen" has roots in Egyptian sun cults?

See, it's simply ot possible for the Etymology to be traced back to Egypt no matter how cute or logical it sounds. When you get right down to the nitty gritty of the linguistics of it, Amen (aleph-mem-nun)-starts with Aleph
Whereas the Egyptian word begins with yodh. There is no similarity or root to the two concepts.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I suppose that depends on your definition of recent. After all speaking out against the church or the Bible can be dangerous. It makes you a target. It's Political suicide in some cases. There are still some countries where you can and will be murdered if you speak about it. So yes it's a relatively recent addition publicly.

I don't agree with you. I think there is an obvious connection and similarity. So much that even a child could see it. Unfortunately adults like to over analyze these things and are too set in their beliefs to have an open mind.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: peter vlar

I suppose that depends on your definition of recent. After all speaking out against the church or the Bible can be dangerous. It makes you a target. It's Political suicide in some cases. There are still some countries where you can and will be murdered if you speak about it. So yes it's a relatively recent addition publicly.

I don't agree with you. I think there is an obvious connection and similarity.

Sure, if looking at it only from the surface I can certainly see ow it can appear so. Appearances aren't facts though. Just like one of the engravings at Abydos looks like a helicopter to people who haven't bothered to take courses involving ancient Egypt behind a 100 level course.

So much that even a child could see it. Unfortunately adults like to over analyze these things and are too set in their beliefs to have an open mind.

And thats exactly why i dont get my information or research from children. It's got nothing to do with being closed minded and being overly analytical, its about doing the most basic research to see what the etymological roots are and where those roots began linguistically and geographically. Due diligence is your friend. It is however, your prereogative to opt to not look at all of the available information and settle on whatever answer looks most obvious to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro
I don't believe a word you are saying.

posted on Jun, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

Your first sentence in your op is false.. So,I stopped reading there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join