It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix VA gave out $10 mil in bonuses in past 3 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I know everyone wants to talk about ISIS and how they are threatening Iraq. But before we start talking about putting more soldiers in danger, let's continue to talk about the ones we already put in danger and who suffered because of it. Now I just KNOW that a country half the world away with combatants that have never even seen America let alone are capable of attacking it is SUCH a huge threat to America and all, but let's take a break from that for a minute to speak about our "successes" at home. Namely bonuses for VA officials.

Original Source:

Phoenix VA gave out $10 mil in bonuses in past 3 years

Records show 4,188 bonuses were paid over the past three fiscal years to more than 2,150 employees, including doctors, nurses, administrators, secretaries and cleaners. Nearly 650 VA employees received a bonus in each of the three years. The VA has about 2,500 employees.

The bonus totals increased from $2.5 million in 2011, to $3.5 million in 2012 and $3.9 million in 2013. The figures obtained by The Republic are much larger than figures recently posted online by two watchdog groups.

Fox news Source:

Scandal-marred Phoenix VA paid millions in bonuses

They increased under regional director Sharon Helman, who was placed on leave after the scandal broke.

Helman herself received a bonus worth more than $9,000 in 2013, on top of her $170,000 salary. A similar bonus awarded earlier this year has been rescinded.

Hey look at that. Apparently, everyone's favorite VA center was running SO well they could afford to dole out millions of dollars in bonuses to just about every one of their employees for the last 3 or so years. I mean clearly this VA center was operating so well that these people deserved the extra pay and all. It's not like veterans weren't receiving critical care they needed and deserved or anything.

"The VA employee recognition and awards program provides an entire range of rewards to recognize employees who make contributions that support goals and objectives across the facility," said Jean Schaefer, a Phoenix VA spokeswoman.

See everything is on the level. They get the raises for achieving goals and objectives across the facility. Goals that are fudged across the finish line by not reporting on a few people here and there. But hey who can blame them? The veterans shouldn't have gotten sick right?

In Arizona, there were 1,715 veterans in the Phoenix VA and 1,115 in the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System in Prescott waiting for initial appointments for 90 days or more. In addition 1,075 in Phoenix and 139 in Prescott were not on any scheduled waiting list for a first appointment, according to VA data.

But by all means, let's go ahead and send more soldiers into harms way. I'm sure we'll take care of them this time.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yet, the VA has been sitting on my disability back pay for two years now... I guess you only get paid if you are one of them...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Going by the information in this thread. Not only are they sitting on it, but they also gave a bonus to the guy who is supposed to be processing it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Didn't bonuses use to be something that you EARNED if you did exemplary work and your slavemas.. I mean bosses thought you deserved one?

These days it is expected from government positions. Jut part of the pay package. Why don't they just pay it as salary, or forego the bonus altogether? I guess materialistic Americans expect that money at the end of the year and spend it all before they get it.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

This is why you should be able to be fired from government positions. Abuse and corruption become rampant when you know you can't be penalized for it.

new topics

top topics

join