It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we lose flags?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just wondering, if a post of ours or thread got deleted would the stats from it like flags and stars be removed again?

Like if we had come up with the bestistiest thread ever and gone from zero to hero with 1000 flags and a million stars, but a broken forum rule was spotted and the thread nuked, would that person go back to being a ranting forum criminal zero?

Not hugely serious at all of course, take your time.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
Just wondering, if a post of ours or thread got deleted would the stats from it like flags and stars be removed again?

Like if we had come up with the bestistiest thread ever and gone from zero to hero with 1000 flags and a million stars, but a broken forum rule was spotted and the thread nuked, would that person go back to being a ranting forum criminal zero?

Not hugely serious at all of course, take your time.

I'm not entirely sure if you lose stars and flags from 404'd threads so I guess that's a good question. You can however, lose flags from a poster unflagging a thread. Beyond that I don't know.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Well i ask for a reason. Because while its nice to get some credit for taking part, i dont watch every point so if it did happen id probably not notice - however yesterday i had 301, i thought "i bet somone just did that so it wasnt a nice round 300" however today its back to 300 (which i dont mind, nice and tidy).

Okay now it is 301 again but thats for this, it was definitely 300 and i even checked my profile to make sure it wasnt a page bug, and i wondered i dont mind if a bad thingy gets the cred for it taken makes sense - so i thought id ask you friendly folks

edit on b2525100 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
uhmm...be concerned about the ideas and opinions you express, rather than worrying about accumulating flags and stars. if you want a lot of stars and flags, criticize Obama, democrats, liberals, or any of their ideas, and big government is always a sure thing, too.....good luck

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Oh no i love asking questions and ATS is great, you ask anything no matter how random, somone on this site of this many people can help you out. I cant possibly know the site without being a site staff member, how would i know if i couldnt find the info and didnt ask?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
OH my god we are idiots, people can simply unlike the thread at a later date if they made a mistake or start to disagree.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If you're the one that flag this, unflag it please LETS TEST IT

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Okay this thread has gone terribly wrong, it might have to be moved some place, maybe where the arc was moved to in that warehouse in indiana jones.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

your flags mean nothing

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Back when I used to care about those things and tracked my progress daily, I noticed that no you do not lose stars for a post removed by moderators, even if the whole thread is 404'd. I'd wager that flags are the same way.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Back when I used to care about those things and tracked my progress daily, I noticed that no you do not lose stars for a post removed by moderators, even if the whole thread is 404'd. I'd wager that flags are the same way.

Yeah i can rapidly to the conclusion that it must just be someone changing their mind and retracting the flag, aka unflagging.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thanks man. I was waiting for an answer to this.

No, seriously, I didn't know.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

See! See! Call me crazy!

Hes a super mod and its so complicated he wasnt even sure!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
im not focus on it, i saw mine go down because for once i noticed it, and i asked a question. thats all.

Sorry for wanting to stay informed on anything.

edit on b4444406 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If the flags touch the ground, they have to be burned. That's all I can come up with.

Hey, you still have more than me.
edit on 17-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yeah i can rapidly to the conclusion that it must just be someone changing their mind and retracting the flag, aka unflagging.

So... one might call this a .... false flag? *buh dum, tss*

Thank you thank you, I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip your bartender!
edit on 6172014 by CloudsTasteMetallic because: capitalization error

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CloudsTasteMetallic

That was bad, and you should feel bad!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks for asking Biigs, I have had this same question rolling around in my head for awhile also!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
uhmm...be concerned about the ideas and opinions you express, rather than worrying about accumulating flags and stars. if you want a lot of stars and flags, criticize Obama, democrats, liberals, or any of their ideas, and big government is always a sure thing, too.....good luck

Don't forget say good things about god and jesus and how it's the best ever only super duper way to go or else burn in hell. There'll be stars and flags for Africa. Falling out of your pockets. You'll need a bucket.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join