It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIchelle Obama: I Couldn't Feed My Kids Right - Even With A Harvard Degree

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Here's a school lunch in Japan -

Here's a Michelle Obama lunch in the USA -

Take a look -
Students Tweeting Photos of Michelle Obama Sponsored School Lunches

Public School Kids Rebel Against Michelle Obama's Healthy School Lunches As First Daughters Get Meatball Subs, Ice Cream

Students Fed Up With Michelle Obama's School Lunch - More photos

Oh hell i wouldn't eat either of those.

Dude your effin nuts, I would at least eat the Kiwi in the Japanese lunch, you know thats an import =O

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JokerThe1st

did it ever occur to you that perhaps she's just doing what every successful politician does?

if you don't know what i'm referring to, it's the act of lying one's ass completely off...

do you suppose that maybe she's playing the flawed semi-dumb parent, to foster a false sense of fellowship with people who ACTUALLY have a hard time handing their business? you know, doing the whole fake "i'm one of you" thing....

i don't believe a word of it...she's phonier than 6-and-a-half-dollar bill....

besides, even if she was legit, it's still not the roll, or right of the federal government to dictate to ANYONE what to eat..sure, they can make suggestions, and recommendations...but to actually dictate what is to be eaten?....naah, screw that..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

oh, that japanese lunch looks FANTASTIC....why in the hell can't they have things like this in our schools?

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

actually, no...that's not it....

maybe part of it is carbs..but it's also f**ked up oils, and synthetic ingredients, and manufactured, processed garbage...combine that with a sedentary lifestyle, and you get morbidly obese children....add in a dash of MSM spin and attention, and you get manufactured public moral outrage, and a manufactured call for someone to do something about it, which the government is all to happy to answer..
edit on 6-18-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

you're missing the point.

it's not her job to "do something about it"

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

i agree, and disagree.....

you CAN make healthy foods taste good...but you are correct that the calorie counts do not allow for the ingredients you'd need to do it.

i mean, honestly, where is it in the constitution that says that the federal government can make laws dictating what we eat?

i believe that's one of those things that's left to the states, or the people.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

bringing an issue to the public's attention is one thing....and it's a good thing.....make suggestions and recommendations on how to combat the problem is also a good thing....getting laws drafted, and passed, to FORCE your version of what should be done upon others, is something altogether different....that is a bad thing™

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

seems you missed bit about the determining factor for the purchase being whether or not it's on sale..

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Eat healthy, that sounds good...yet, how do we accomplish this nowadays? Thanx to GMO foods, Monsatan, insecticides/pesticides/weed killer chemicals and the like. Folks say, "Grow your own and only eat organic". Seems like that is a crock when you think about it. Ever hear of the birds and the bees and pollination and such? Sooner or later, ALL crops will be contaminated with Monsatan goodies...it's gonna happen. "They" are just doing too much to our foods. There is a farm in Kansas that is mixing human liver genes with rice...yummie. The govt. is putting out experimental bananas soon that have been enriched???/changed. Whoknowswhatall is gonna be in those. I bet more than 85% of all our crops are GMOs now, since the 1990's. They mix fish genes with certain fruits and veggies. Geez. Wheat and soy are so screwed up now thanx to the engineering that most folks digestive tracts can't handle them. Wheat ain't what it used to be. It is not possible to "grow your own" of every type of food product...picture trying to grow your own fields of wheat and making flour and such. There has been talk of engineering vaccines into foods too. Wow.

All the growth hormone that is added to poultry and cattle/dairy and the like...well, if we eat such of course we are going to "grow" from it all too...hence, we end up looking as plump and juicy as those betterball turkeys...we become butterballs too...through no fault of our own.

Then the additives in juices and other foods, the ones they don't have to tell us about in the label or out right lie about them. So-called "natural" ingredients on a label list could mean anything. Insects are natural and it is said they are used for food colorings and in strawberry drinks and the like. Heck, "crap" is "natural" if we wanna go there. Fact is, what about truth in advertising. What really is natural or organic nowadays? How do we know the organic labeled product hasn't been contaminated via the wind/birds/bees/pollinazation (sp) and more. How much gets added into our food we are not aware of. There is info now saying they will be putting aspartame in some milk products. What is that "waxy" stuff apples and cucumbers have coated on them to preserve them?

In point of fact, how can we or do we know when anything is healthy anymore? It is a toss up. What really gets me is when a company leaves out so-called bad ingredients such as high fructose or aspartame or make something gluten free...they charge you more for leaving out the offending ingredient...isn't that special? Put crap in, then take it out at some later date and charge us more for the favor.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Want to know a good one? From my own experience?

It's not that hard to get kids to eat healthy. Really. Trying to say that encouraging kids to eat "rabbit food" is all but impossible is a lazy man's cop-out. You start their venture into solids with them, and carry on from there. My kids might not feast on all organic (can't afford to) but they have never turned down a fresh baby spinach salad. Grape tomatoes are the shiz. They eat the big ones like apples. Hell, they can't get enough of apples or bananas, and if blueberries are in the house, consider them gone. They like kale, cucumbers, carrots. Zucchini is a favorite side, they like red onions, they like parsnips in autumn. They've inhaled cooked fresh beets, squashes, and I have yet to see either of them thumb their noses at peas and broccoli. They love smoothies with a good fruits & veg ratio (I try to balance those as best possible nutritionally) In fact, they don't hesitate to point out if I should have put in more mustard greens or some carrots.
It's not hard to make veggies taste good, honest. You don't need to drown them in butter or salad dressing to be palatable. Sometimes just a light sautee in a tiny amount of butter or olive oil with some herbs is the shiz, and a simple vinaigrette with just a bit of salt & pepper can make the salad. It's the K.I.S.S rule -- keep it simple, stupid.

They do get a "junk food" treat once in a while, but it's not part of their regular daily intake. It wouldn't be even if it would make it easier on me. The onus is on mom & dad to teach them good food habits, but our schools are as sh***y as BK or Mickey D's is. The cafeterias need work, and we all know it. Unless the slimy grease-fest pizzas and rank mystery meat mush lunches of our youth are desirable? I can't fault MO for trying to drum up something better, because at least she tried. The problem was she went from an unhealthy extreme that everyone was used to, to a hyper-health one that was all but foreign. It takes getting used to, and should be done over time, rather than all at once.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
M. Obama: People are too stupid to raise their kids so the gov't has to do it.

She is correct. America is the fattest nation on earth with a now obesity epidemic.
Our fatarsed corporations and lazy parenting has produced a bunch of eaters, soo badly that it now threatens national security due to new recruits rather eating donuts than jogging a mile and eating their greens.

So her suggesting we trim up doesn't flip me out...the parents of this nation are made of fail, we need help it seems, because Ronald McDonald is clearly more influential than good parenting practices.

I suppose you could send your kids to school with a bagged lunch mind you, or go to a private school, otherwise, its always been a government thing as to what is being fed to kids at school...but yeah, I get it..its an Obama, therefore it must be bad.
-laughable

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
her suggesting we trim up doesn't flip me out...

her suggesting that the gov't has to make the hard choices because parents, even educated ones, aren't capable of picking carrot sticks over candy bars ... that SHOULD upset you.

I suppose you could send your kids to school with a bagged lunch

You suppose correctly. That's what we did. A healthy sandwich, carrots or applesauce, a milk in a box. Not hard to do.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

and the ONLY reason we even know michelle obama exists, is because her husband is the president.

if another lady was first lady, and she was a nutritionist, we'd hear a lot about her.....

secondly, and it might seem like a nitpick, but the word is "hear", not "here"...

and lastly, again, because you don't seem to understand it...it is not her job, or the government's job, to tell people what to eat, and force kids to eat certain things. they can suggest, or recommend, but they have no business telling, or forcing. it's not a matter of her "trying to help kids eat better and get in better shape"..way to spin that, by the way....it's a matter of her thinking she knows better than everyone else, and forcing people to comply with what she thinks is best. it's conditioning children to accept lower standards, and submit to federal control.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

i gotta ask...are you dizzy at all?

i ask, because i've only met a handful of people who spin like you....

"trying to help children get in better shape" would be making spots to air on television, and radio, siting specific facts, and making a case for your position....it would be circulating a newsletter with good information....

it's not pushing for, and getting passed, a law REQUIRING kids to eat certain stuff...for something like this, education is infinitely more beneficial than force.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kazanoom
More hyperbolic wingnut nonsense.

how so?

did you seriously expect to be taken seriously, with just a lameass one-liner with no backing?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

riiight...because implying that anyone who doesn't agree with this lunacy is some sort of stereotypical ignorant redneck caricature, is the best argument.

way to ad-hom, man....real classy -rolleyes-

you don't seem to understand that nobody is suggesting that kids eat healthy.....it's a f**king LAW, with specific requirements, that are crap, and not enough, and schools are FORCED to feed this crap to kids...

there is a MASSIVE difference between suggesting something to someone, and FORCING them to do it..

it'd be kinda like me suggesting you try the veal, and then when you try to order something else, i grab a bat, and tell you i'ma score a home run with your head, if you don't order the veal....

obviously, the OP knows the difference, so could we please cut the crap?

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

no, what's laughable is the blind defense of crap like this, just because an obama is behind it.

for some here, obama(either one of them) can do no wrong.....just like there were people who believed bush could do no wrong....people like that are just wrong.

not sure on that "epidemic" of yours...you got any numbers?

did you really just imply that fat people are a threat to national security? i've seen you write some stupid s**t before, but that's right there at the top of the heap...first they're all ignorant redneck caricatures, now they're a threat to national security....man, you need some DEEP mental help....

in some places, they've actually banned bagged lunches, so as to keep in compliance with the law (that, and try to drive up profits, since the act also banned chips, candy, soda, and other stuff that was generating revenue for the school)

and lastly, again, you don't seem to be getting that this isn't a suggestion...it is a law...it is force...it is outside the scope of federal authority...but that's never stopped this administration before..

but we both know you don't have any issue with federal overreach, or with the federal government exceeding it's constitutional authority....as long as an obama is for it, you're for it....kinda sad, really....

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I get it..its an Obama, therefore it must be bad.

Obama does seem to be trying to make that statement something to be relied on.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Lol she knows that ain't never had time to raise no kids. Them kids probably sat on front of the TV eating dry cereal and macaroni and cheese. It takes a lot of long days fast tracking a Jr senator to POTUS. Kids came out when they needed a family photo op. Bet

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join