It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Near death experiences expert interview.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

To answer your question, No. Empaths rely mostly on facial expressions. However over the Internet, something similar may be at work but not necessary termed as empath and to be honest I don't know what to call it. It happens a lot though, people taking things the wrong way over the Internet and more often than not, believing what they want to believe which is why online dating is actually quite easy I think. There's no emotion behind words of text, only the illusion of emotions which allow people to fill in the blanks on their own.

Everybody has the ability to be an empath, sounds like you are one too based on what you tell me. Just be glad you're not fully in tune with empathy because well, it's no fun being sensitive to other peoples thoughts and feelings, it tends to be quite draining.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Someone could be dead for a week and come back to life, and nobody would still believe their side of the story if they spoke of an afterlife. I think it has to do with fear of Death. Subconsciously people who fear Death outright accept that there's no afterlife which is a classic case of being a defensive pessimist. Just my opinion anyways.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Toadmund
NDE's are proof that a dying brain can still function.
See, the point is that that pesky word 'near' is in the death experience, now, if someone came back from a 'death experience' that would be really something.
But these people did not die, because when someone dies they don't come back into the flesh to tell everyone about it.
dead is dead.
Does an NDE continue when the brain is completely dead?

So anyone who has the story of an NDE is a person who has NEVER died, otherwise they would not be talking about it, they would be DEAD!

See, near dead and dead are two separate things.

NDE's proof of LAD?
Nope, I'll keep looking elsewhere, I'll see what the ghosts say, apparently they are really dead, at least physically.

But, people wish to believe in NDE's simply because they have 'WTS' (wishful thinking syndrome), wishfully thinking does not get to the truth, it just obfuscates it.

I was right with you until your last sentence. But wishful thinking is just not a strong argument here. It's an incredibly weak one actually. The amount of people who have had supposed NDEs who never believed in them before, etc., weren't experiencing wishful thinking when they happened. But they happened.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

But these people did not die, because when someone dies they don't come back into the flesh to tell everyone about it.
dead is dead.
Does an NDE continue when the brain is completely dead?

At what point are people really dead then? When they don't come back?
So if we were to completely disassemble a person atom by atom and put them back together, and they breathed again they really never died either in your view.

In other words you presuppose that that there is nothing after death, therefore if they breathe again, they never died.
Correct?

We are alive some of the time, and dead other times even now.It is just your definition of dead is purely from the "known" physical world point of view and does not encompass all dimensions of our existence.

When people don't come back, they are really dead I would say.
If you put someone back together from being apart, I would say they were dead and returned. I would be interested in what more than one of them would have to say.

I think NDE's are very poor evidence of an afterlife, and if you believe it is proof, then you are reaching really far, and choose to believe simply because you want to.

I don't know if there is an afterlife or if their is a god, how could you possibly know if their was or not either?
Anything you claim to know is an assumption on poor evidence that science has an answer for, the mind trip of a dying brain feasting on dimethyltryptamine.

There is my answer to a good question.

You can't have evidence of something that is not physical. There will never be the evidence you seek, only your own experience, and the experience of others. I think it's sad when you say "Anything you claim to know is an assumption on poor evidence that science has an answer for." I think it's sad because science covers so very little of what is real. Science will not allow anything that is not physical, measurable in a physical sense. Therefore it will never uncover anything truly important, until it allows itself to be more open.

And as for science's idea that it's a dying brain feasting on dimethyltryptamine, that's the WORST evidence I've ever heard! Smoke some, ask anyone who has and NONE of their stories are similar or EVER have any similaties to what people describe in NDE's on a regular basis. The dimethyltryptamine theory of NDEs, to me, is one of the most unconvincing "answer" put forward that I've ever heard, and is in my opinion, the desperate attempt by science to explain something it cannot. That's where science does its own wishful thinking.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I had a NDE when I was in kindergarten, I slipped and fell backwards and landed on the back of my head. I remember falling and feeling no pain, then suddenly moving through a tunnel of darkness with a light at the end. When I arrived at the light a beautiful blonde haired woman dressed in white flowing garb was there. She stood to the left of what I can only describe as a barrier of energy, (The gates of Heaven if you will...) Somehow I knew her and believed her to be my mother even though she looked nothing like my mother. She told me I was to go back. I pleaded with her, I wanted to stay, I was not scared... Actually I had never been more sure of anything in my life... She then knelt down to look me in the eyes and told me, "It's not time for you to be here, I will see you again one day." I pleaded some more, she hugged me. I felt suddenly reassured, like it would be ok. I cannot even begin to describe the feeling of love I received while she embraced me, it was amazing! She stood, said she would see me again, and woosh, I felt like I was falling backwards. I rushed through the tunnel, watching the light get smaller. Suddenly I was in the back of the classroom. Only 3 people were in the room, my teacher, the guidance councilor and a child. The councilor was holding the child in her arms and my teacher was standing behind her looking down at the child. I started to walk towards them to see what it was all about, and noticed I was passing through the desks... I looked down and thought, "hmm, that's strange..." And I kept walking, I realized the child was me. I remember being a bit confused but not scared, in fact I have never felt more at peace than I did at that time. Suddenly my physical self started to regain consciousness and began to cry. That's when I felt like I was sucked back into my body. That's all I remember about that day. Are NDE's real? I think they are... Is it the brain releasing feel good chemicals before you die? Maybe... I know what I know, and I know that this happened to me. I believe that something happens after your physical self dies, something special, not a simple fade into "nothingness".

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
My grandma had a near death experience when she was younger. She said it felt like she came out of her body and could gaze down and see it on the hospital bed. She said that there was a spirit telling her it was time to go, and pulling her away but she said "No I want to stay". The spirit or whatever it was let her go and she returned to her body and jolted upright. Thinking back I don't remember why she was in hospital, I cant remember what my mother said but I think that counts as a near death experience.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I guess if you can't dedicate a measly hour to watching the video, you're not all that interested in the topic anyway. The fact that the OP posted it in the first place is a reflection of it being "worth it."

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
trouble w NDEs:

they are not Biblical. People are not tormented forever in hell, as w Christian NDEs, they are judged and destroyed.

They are very relative and have you judging yourself (this New Age idea has roots in occult/Babylon mystery schools). It is deeds-based mentality and leads to satanic mantra: "Do what thou wilt." Lot's of evil results.

other problems: I have not found an NDE longer than 3 days… many traditions have it that you are not totally dead until after 3 days… the life is in the blood.

Interesting the Jesus allowed Lazarus to be dead 4 days.

Other problems: the tech exists for either demons/"aliens" to do this--as w abductions floating people through walls, etc…

Extraterrestrial UFOs are real : Ben Rich Lockheed Skunk Works CEO admits on his deathbed
youtu.be...
Project Blue Beam
By Serge Monast
www.educate-yourself.org...

and some have seen this:

Inside the New Age Nightmare: Testimony of Randall Baer
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
another problem:

the recovery time is enormous, in some cases the people are seriously harmed for life…

Divine experiences are not like this, and recovery is complete immediately.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: edward777

If NDE's are real then that changes everything. because then you have a starting point to start working out at least what we are, and adds an extra dimension to the human condition,without all the dogmatic hocus pocus confusing the issue. OOBE's could be dreams. but I don't think so. But a true NDE. where a person who is clinically dead reports something happening in real time, you can extrapolate a great deal of information.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join