It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militants ‘Executed Non-Muslims’ at Kenyan World Cup Watch Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

A brutal attack on a crowd of World Cup watchers at a hotel in northern Kenya has reportedly left at least 48 people dead. One of the survivors told The Daily Beast that the assailants were killing non-Muslims execution-style.

Kenyan government officials claimed the attack could be the work of al-Shabaab, an Islamist terror group that killed more than 60 people during an attack on the Westgate mall in Nairobi last year.

Mohammed Shariff, who was among the viewers at the Breeze View hotel in the coastal town of Mpekatoni, said the gunmen were asking people whether they were Islamic before opening fire. “They told us to say, ‘There is no god but Allah.’ Then they told the non-Muslims to lie down and then shot them,” Shariff said.

Militants ‘Executed Non-Muslims’ at Kenyan World Cup Watch Party

I saw this topic was trending on fb atm.

Allegedly the Somali Islamist militant group al-Shabab is claiming responsibility. At least forty-eight people were killed. Gunmen shot at residents and burnt down two hotels, a police station and a petrol garage, in ‪Mpeketoni‬ near the island of Lamu on Sunday night.

I can't help but think this is something that is being used to send more troops into Africa because of the oil there. If that is the case, I weep for humanity.

"Shoot, we need more oil" -Frank
"Africa has oil" -Bob
"Yes they do, how are we going to justify being over there?" -Frank
"Let's create terrorists/extremists (or help ones already existing) to create chaos & everyone will demand troops be sent" -Bob

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Please let me . Remind everyone that Al Shabab are NOT Muslims nor do they represent Islam.

They are Evil and Misguided! And are of the Khuawarij (extreme Muslims of innovation)

They have infected Islam with ideaolgy ...

I feel the same way about them as let's say an Orthodox Christianfeels about west burrow Baptist church.

Except these groups like Shabab and Al Queada are dangerous.

Humbly

LSH
edit on 0352023063562th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Margana

Maybe you have nailed it right - as to both scenarios, if I had to pick the better of the two dubious choices then I hope it is about oil and not actually happened as the media will have a field day..

Scenes of Muslims shooting non-muslims will only feed a fire already raging in many countries due to too much immigration and the fact that a muslim can be easily identified with the beard, little hat or the scarf. We had a terrible murder in the UK by two ars.ho..s killing a man by running him over in a car and then hacking him to death.
Both had flipped out of this country to fight elsewhere and then come back and it seems having had a taste of unarmed blood it thoroughly agreed with them and they brought their blood lust back to the UK. Fortunately the Courts here won't tolerate religious murder for allah so hopefully they will live in jail for the rest of their lives but we will have to support their sad hides.

If its over oil, then I thought the Chinese were heavily involved in Africa and I would have let them deal with it. They are use to muslim war antics and execute those who try them out.

Honesty is a very difficult pill sometimes, but since Iraq I have seen and been utterly powerless, like the rest of the public who had a modicum of common sense, to stop my government's meddling in other oil-rich countries; whether it was Cameron supplying arms to the people against Gadaffi before it all kicked off in Libya, or Tony Blair going to war without parliament's agreement. I have disagreed with all of these actions because of the loss to the people living there which is unimaginable. But if I put my hand on my heart, I just hope it won't spill into my own country, although some hard-line muslims here would love it to. I don't think they understand the nature of the British and it would be a bloodbath which I don't want to live through.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightningStrikesHere
Please let me . Remind everyone that Al Shabab are NOT Muslims nor do they represent Islam.

They are Evil and Misguided! And are of the Khuawarij (extreme Muslims of innovation)

They have infected Islam with ideaolgy ...

I feel the same way about them as let's say an Orthodox Christianfeels about west burrow Baptist church.

Except these groups like Shabab and Al Queada are dangerous.

Humbly

LSH

Extremists suck! They taint a lot of peoples perspective on groups that the extremists say they are fighting for (Muslim, Christ

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Certainly linking this to Al Shabunchafkwits is going to be the number one connection. Makes for easy press.

The simple truth is that this was a mass killing of innocent people by a bunch of deranged maniacs. One of a number that exist in Africa.

Corruption is through the roof in Africa, while democracy exists as a theoretical concept. Some countries are awash with loose money, and guns. Throw in a few psychopaths and there you have it.

While I agree your proposition has merit, I believe in this case it's murder and probably just for the sake of it.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

They may be an extremist sect, but without a doubt they ARE MUSLIM. It doesn't help anyone to try and pretend that they aren't what they say they are so that we are no longer scared of Muslims. The damage is done, and is continued to be done. The issue isn't who are the bad guys, it's how are they dealt with?

I understand your intention, but it is a knee jerk reaction. We all know that we are told they aren't representative of Islam as a whole and are a small % of people, but unfortunately they are the loudest ones too.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I can't help but think that these 'terrorists' are either really misguided muslims [after all that is what they call themselves] or they are very barbaric men who use islam as an excuse because they know that other [normal] muslims can't say anything against them [or else-death].
However, it seems that a lot of muslims agree with them; no let me rephrase that, a lot of muslim 'men' who seem to agree with them.
I know for a fact that the majority of muslims are just people like everyone else; but it irks me big time that if they don't agree with this violence why they are not forthcoming condemning these 'odd balls' who drag their beloved religion of peace through the sewers and back?
They get annoyed when someone draws mohammed, but killing and torturing is fine???

I am an atheist but I believe that christians would not stand for it if there was an extreme group, calling themselves christians whilst bringing terror and murder to innocent people. There would be repercussions and acknowledgement that the odd ones have nothing to do with chistianity. How is it that only a handful of muslims are speaking out?

Furthermore I have a really strange feeling about all these muslim stories at the moment which cause some idiot politicians to ask for war [Tony Bluuuuuurgh for example]. They normally wouldn't be interested in anything going on in Africa unless there is something to get out of it.

And how easy to make the sheeple angry by posting nasty stories to get approvement for "intervention". It is one of the oldest tricks in warfare. It is so obvious that there is an agenda, but it still seems to work a treat with the majority.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

I am an atheist but I believe that christians would not stand for it if there was an extreme group, calling themselves christians whilst bringing terror and murder to innocent people. There would be repercussions and acknowledgement that the odd ones have nothing to do with chistianity. How is it that only a handful of muslims are speaking out?

For exactly the same reason that only a handful of catholics condemned the IRA after each bombing.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
These people or more importantly their lifestyle and or culture need to be taken care of properly. I hear time and time again about how it's only "extremists" who are conducting this sort of behavior, but you say anything to any given Muslim about their religion, lifestyle or their profit who was clearly the definition of extremist himself and you will see the hatred come out a good 9 times out of 10. Their religion and it's hate driven ideals is what needs to be in my opinion gotten rid of by any means nessesary.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Muslims don't speak up about extremists because deep down they condone what is happening. They're just too cowardly to say so outright.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I don't think they understand the nature of the British and it would be a bloodbath which I don't want to live through.
The "Saxon" part of Anglo-Saxon is pretty vicious.
Watch the 2004 movie, King Arthur, with Clive Owen and Keira Knightley, where Stellan Skarsgård plays Cerdic, the leader of the invading Saxos with the instruction "Kill them all".
edit on 17-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by:

I can't help but think this is something that is being used to send more troops into Africa because of the oil there. If that is the case, I weep for humanity.

Or a much more logical and likely scenario is that horrible people did something horrible to innocent people. You know like it has been happening since the dawn of time.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: LightningStrikesHere

Except the people of churches like West Burrow Baptist church aren't kidnapping innocent girls and randomly killing people everywhere they go. Islam is incompatible with western civilization PERIOD! You can claim there are such things as moderate Muslims etc. Fine! Im an American and although I don't consider myself really a Christian it's my default set of beliefs so to speak due to our country and our Founding Fathers embrace of judeo christian values despite them being deists. With that being said we sure as hell better make a stand and make it soon! If other western countries fail to make a stand against radical Islam and as usual we cannot rely on Arab and African governments to do crap all about it…then we will lead the charge. Wherever these terrorists go we will fight them and wipe them out! That is the attitude we need to adopt if we stand to keep our way of life and our culture alive and well into the next century. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

What happened to the war on terror anyways? It's become one big joke. These fanatical Muslims are waging war and killing people whenever and wherever they want and the west and its allies do absolutely NOTHING! Americans and Europeans can bury their head in the sand but wherever Muslims are going they are destroying western cities, towns, and culture. Look at Dearborn, MI, Sweden, England, France. Europe has basically bent over and spread their cheeks for these people!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I can't help but think this is something that is being used to send more troops into Africa because of the oil there.
Here is the thing, though, and you see it spun this way in the article that you linked to, that this attack is somehow revenge for Kenya supplying troops to force Somalia to accept a Western imposed government friendly to the central banks and signing away rights to the country's resources.

This sort of story could fuel concerns that this push should be further supported.
Of course who is behind all this (I suspect, based on my earlier study of this situation) is the big oil companies who would like to have a depopulated Somalia to have free rein in.
edit on 17-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: OOPs earlier wrote Ethiopia instead of Somalia, need to drink some coffee

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
How can this be? Islam is the religion of peace.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Africa has had plenty of time to progress. It can't without "big bad oil">
edit on 17-6-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The problem is that Al Shabaab does represent Islam. They say so. Many of the followers believe that what they are doing is for, and on behalf of Islam. The fact that these people don't recognise that their "God of Peace" would likely disapprove of their violence is neither here nor there!

Regard

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Christian or Muslim - it doesn't seem to matter in Africa. They'll continue to butcher one another for less for as long as the human race exists.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I am to the point now.. Why do we deal with these people?

All they know is violence and death because of their ignorance. If that's what they want then why wait for them to attack. just wipe them out and be done with it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Why do we deal with these people?
What "these people"?
The ones doing this would be, in my opinion, agents provocateur, paid to make this sort of attack to justify intervention or force a reluctant Kenya to engage in more cross-border warfare.

Here is a promotional photo of the town where the attack happened, formerly a popular tourist destination, a trade that the country depends on for income.

edit on 17-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join