It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Doomsday Prepper Sought by Federal Authorities for Bomb Making: Last Seen in Tampa Bay, Fl

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
What proof do they have that this man is trying to fashion "end times" bombs on the feds?
And since when does being a prepper tie into being a terrorist?
This double speak is killing me.

The FBI has printed a sheet with the type of people to look at, when considering what terrorist could be. Preppers are one, if you tell anyone anywhere you're prepping your crazy. I had that darn list for months on my computer now that it comes up I don't have the PDF as source proof. I am sure google can find it for you.

Here is a list of PDF's the FBI has printed.. See if any apply to you. The prepper one is not there by I am looking.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
smashpipe.com...

These guys have a trail all over the web.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap

Will pop over in min and try downloading them.
If you have an android device theres an app called tubemate that lets you view and download from youtube ..

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Well that must suck... can you even set up animal traps on your own property in Florida?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Made note of it .. will try later to download as they have 35 videos up on youtube .. my signal rubbish out here at present ..

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Well that must suck... can you even set up animal traps on your own property in Florida?

myfwc.com...

Like everything else, you need permission from the king/people/mob:

Venomous Reptiles
Anyone transporting or possessing live venomous reptiles is required to have a captive wildlife permit.
Birds
A permit from FWC is required for take of any state listed species or any bird species protected by the federal Migratory Bird Treaty Act (MBTA). External Website
Gun/Light at Night Permit
This permit authorizes a landowner or their designee to take depredating wildlife (beaver, bobcat, fox, possum, rabbit, raccoon, otter, skunk or nutria) at night with a gun and light. The permit is not required to take wild hog, coyote, armadillo, black or Norway rat, and house mouse, with a gun and light during non-daylight hours. Under special restrictions, authorizes harassment (scaring) deer causing damage to crops with a gun and light at night.
Depredating Deer Permit
This permit authorizes the killing of deer that are causing damage to crops where less lethal means of control are either ineffective or not feasible. Contact your local FWC regional office to request a Depredating Deer permit for temporary relief.
Steel Trap Permit
This permit authorizes the holder to use padded jaw steel traps for the purpose of taking destructive coyotes, fox, bobcats, beaver, and otter.

Protected Wildlife and Bird Permits
Protected fish and wildlife include those species listed as endangered, threatened or species of special concern. Also included are migratory birds External Website and other species protected by FWC rules. FWC rules prohibit activities that may have a negative effect on protected fish and wildlife without a permit.
Mallard Control Permit
This permit authorizes a person in possession of a copy of the Federal permit to lethally control and trap feral mallards from May 1 through August 31 annually and to destroy nests and eggs of feral mallards year-round. This is not a hunting license.
Canada Goose Depredation Permit
This permit authorizes landowners (and their employees and agents) to take birds and nests to reduce depredation to commercial agricultural operations. It is the permit holder's responsibility to understand and adhere to all provisions set forth in the permit.

Wild Hog Trappers
Hunting and trapping wild hogs is a useful tool to control feral populations on private and state lands. Nuisance wildlife trappers that want to shoot or trap feral swine on private lands do not need FWC authorization. Permission of the landowner is all that is required. A permit is not required to take wild hog with a gun and light during non-daylight hours.
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (DOACS) regulates intrastate movement of live feral hogs External Website and requires individuals trapping feral swine in Florida to register with DOACS as a Feral Swine Dealer (FSD).
Nuisance Wildlife Trappers - Businesses
The FWC does not license nuisance wildlife trappers. Nuisance wildlife trappers may voluntarily register to have their name and contact information added to the Wildlife Trapper List. Persons contacting FWC looking for help with nuisance wildlife are directed to the wildlife trapper list.

I added the bold.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer
a reply to: ManFromEurope

The article title says he is a prepper and he is a member of a group called "River Otter Preppers". That would make it appear as if he is a prepper.

So what? The police isn't looking for a prepper, but for a person suspected of building "exploding devices", which seems to be in the woods. And is a prepper. Of which he isn't accused or searched for.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
This guy must be a serious threat to warrant flash banging a car full of children. From link posted earlier in the thread but I think needs to be emphasized:
www.wtsp.com...

From an innocent motorist during the man hunt:

[They] threw flash bombs in the windows with my kids sitting right there, put guns to my temple and my chest and my neck.

Bay News Channel 9 now has a story up as well:

www.baynews9.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
The crazies rush to defend the crazy.

Shocking

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap
These guys have a trail all over the web.

Maybe that's why the specifics are sealed.

That trail reminds me of two of Murphy's Laws:
Don't look conspicuous -- it draws fire.
Never draw fire -- it irritates everyone around you.

-Cheers

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Agreed. Booby trapping is illegal most anywhwere as far as I know. Especially if there is even the slightest chance the public can run across it, tresspassing or not.

As for explosives, agree there, too. M-80's were illegal in most states where fireworks are legal. That's one quarter stick of dynamite, but really hardly more than an elaborate firecracker, or four.

But, still illegal.

Hell, I got caught in school with one firecracker, and almost got arrested for it, in Fl., way back in the 80's. I got two weeks in school suspension, and a lot of trouble at home.

edit on 17-6-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I would say that this not actually about a doomsday prepper. It is about someone who likes to build explosives. Just because someone likes to build explosives, doesn't mean he is going to blow up innocent people. Then there is the point about who is innocent, maybe politicians aren't as innocent as they tell us they are. That is a perspective though. I have known a couple of politicians that were pretty good guys.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Tampa Bay may soon be getting a taste of a Boston, MA style lock down...

Sounds like the US government, has some serious paranoid delusions of grandeur ...

The funny part is, this is just the kind of moment, Americans have been yielling for the right to have arms. In case they are invaded, or their own government turned on them.

Well, ladies and gentlement ... that days has come.

And what are you doing about it? ...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Destructive devices...

Could be anything from rigged shotguns at doorways, pressurised spear launchers, spring traps, pressure plate activated swinging logs, axes, blocks of masonry, dead falls, tunnels leading to his bunkers which collapse on command, that sort of thing.

Basically, they are trying to stuff him on any form of effective resistance against a possible threat to his liberty, that he might have put together.
edit on 17-6-2014 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removal.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Religious fanatic it would appear.
Also explosives are baad mmmkay?
Whoulda thunk, a supporter of israel into explosives!
I hope they catch the guy alive, we don't need martyrs for the misguided masses.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Destructive devices...

Could be anything from rigged shotguns at doorways, pressurised spear launchers, spring traps, pressure plate activated swinging logs, axes, blocks of masonry, dead falls, tunnels leading to his bunkers which collapse on command, that sort of thing.

Basically, they are trying to stuff him on any form of effective resistance against a possible threat to his liberty, that he might have put together.

The irony:

He thought an over bearing federal agency would come try to snatch him up. They did. He escaped into the woods. Frankly I'm not taking any sides. This guy may very likely be crazy, but at the same time I wouldn't say our federal agencies are acting with sanity either. Throwing a flash bang into a car with young kids in it... and it's not even the right guy? That's not the work of sanity, it's a symptom of insanity. We authorized these agencies with such tools as to keep themselves protected, no gallivant around in adhoc fashion carelessly tossing explosive devices into the cars of innocent people. I don't care how dangerous this man is; the biggest threat to the people of Valrico in the past 24 hours has been ATF and FBI cowboys and there's no denying that.

I guess the question is, if he had not prepared for a government agency to storm him would they have stormed him? We will never really know the answer to that.

It's just ironic that this guy barricaded his property from such insanity and supposedly it's what brought that insanity upon him. He corned himself into a reality of lose/lose, who knows if he was within his rights or not as there's yet to be any evidence put forward only hearsay from an organization willing to flash bang children.

The US has turned into insanity fighting insanity.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The Search Warrant is in:

archive.wtsp.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So...According to the warrant, the suspect was competing with the ATF and DOJ.
They hate competition.
I wonder if these ...60 rifles will be found.
I doubt it.
However, the guy is still a religious fanatic.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Other links:

riverotterpreppers.blogspot.com...

plus.google.com...

www.facebook.com...

Again, people might want to save these off if they know how in case they get scrubbed.

Google and Facebook both scrubbed the pages.

Edit: Yotube also scrubbed the page.
edit on 18-6-2014 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Update:
www.tampabay.com...

TAMPA — Martin Winters, the Valrico man who has been the subject of a manhunt since Monday after he was indicted on federal explosives charges, turned himself in Wednesday morning at the Tampa FBI office.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join