It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yikes! Where is my body?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

originally posted by: Visitor2012
a reply to: VoidHawk

Sounds more like a dream than an out of body experience.

That is the problem with OBE's until you actually have one yourself, it's almost impossible to comprehend. I used to think people where FOS until I had an involuntary one.

Scared the absolute %hit of me.

My Story if you are interested here on ATS years ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes I know. I'm a regular practitioner of it as well. But I'm saying, there's no way to confuse an OBE with a dream or a hallucination. Because it's an experience that is beyond visual phenomena. Imagination and dreams can't take you beyond visual phenomenon, it has no attributes or qualities that are outside the boundary of visual and aural perception, An OBE is more than this. Because it shows you want you aren't and most importantly, what you always were. Maybe there are people who have not been so deeply and profoundly touched by this experience as I, but I'm sure most OBE'ers will attest to the power of this experience. And it leaves no doubt.
edit on 17-6-2014 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I agree. It is a fine line between a dream and an OBE. They are essentially one in the same. OBE you are just actually consciously aware of separating from your body while in a dream you don't remember the transition. I've had OBE's where my room is exactly the same as my physical room, and OBE's where i end up in another world all together. Ive also had OBE's where I am not a human body at all, I'm a floating speck of light in a geometric pattern of lights.

All of these OBEs i literally physically felt my soul pop out of my body. I've had over 250 self induced OBE's and keep getting better. I'm currently trying to learn how to have an OBE in full waking state. Meaning i have a portion of my consciousness outside floating around my body while still in fully control of my physical body. I've had a brief experience but still working on it

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

So you say that spirituality is only a figment of someone's "imagination" yet you tell us to "imagine" being our bodies? Seems a little hypocritical don't you think?

What is imagination? Is it your body or is it something else? Imagination is a piece of our spiritual side so you telling us to "imagine" being our bodies and that spirituality is wrong is a bit of an oxymoron.

The Spirit is what animates the body, we are both Spirit and body. Our body is not a thought or a dream, those things are something else.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: midicon
a reply to: Oldie48

I do not seek but understand that I am life. There is no first..or portions...or choosing. I am awareness. There is no ancient knowledge to add to this. This last paragraph of yours displays a complete lack of understanding of spirituality.

It is not about all that stuff...

midicon

Hi and thank you for replying.

"Spiritual" to me is what we are first and foremost. Energetic portions on an aware 'universe', being the means by which this 'universe' comes to know itself.

Your path to understanding will always be different to anyone else's path, and thus not the sole correct one above all others. As the old saying goes, "all roads lead to Rome". Most have no idea where their path leads until the body dies and their attachments to human beliefs fades, and only then do they light up from inside. This I know from direct observation where the 'dead' go if they make it past all the traps laid by Belief Systems.

As awareness you too would know how that works, yes ?

As awareness, you would therefore have regained all the knowledge your Soul has accumulated over it's many thousands of chosen lives just in this small realm and other realms of experience, and thus fully understand all the paths taken to reach this moment. This is the ancient knowledge I refer to in my previous reply.

Being aware in each moment, seeing and experiencing all the invisible things around us in each moment is only half the real equation. To Know our-Self, to know the paths you took as a soul and why you chose to be here this time, is the remaining half of that equation.

But, that is how I see it from my current understandings, and there is no guarantee that it is Correct. That's the great thing about life in general, there are No Guarantees, and everyone Believes they know better than anyone else.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldie48

I shouldn't have entered this thread...I should know better.

As awareness, you would therefore have regained all the knowledge your Soul has accumulated over it's many thousands of chosen lives just in this small realm and other realms of experience, and thus fully understand all the paths taken to reach this moment. This is the ancient knowledge I refer to in my previous reply.

This is the problem my friend...in fact this is one of the problems that many will face when approaching spirituality. They will come across stuff like this and be led into the land of make believe. I like your tone and attitude to others but the information is nothing but nonsense. In fact it is rather sad and the opposite of what it should be.

Spirituality requires honesty...not just to others but to oneself. Why not begin there? There is no need for ancient knowledge, past lives, other realms ets...

This I know from direct observation where the 'dead' go if they make it past all the traps laid by Belief Systems.

It doesn't matter where the dead go...only the dead are concerned with death. Spirituality is about life not death.

Anyway I won't go on. I really was just addressing the OP's question.

Thanks for replying

midicon.

edit on 18-6-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So you say that spirituality is only a figment of someone's "imagination" yet you tell us to "imagine" being our bodies? Seems a little hypocritical don't you think?

I have never said that spirituality is a figment of imagination. I really was trying to turn the OP's attention to what it is...life.

The Spirit is what animates the body, we are both Spirit and body. Our body is not a thought or a dream, those things are something else.

I have never said that my body is a dream. I am my body. You wish to speak of spirit as some sort of animating principle and create division. This is the first step away from spirituality.

There is no need for words such as hypocrite or oxymoron...I am always happy to expand upon anything I have said.

If I touch a nerve then that is an ideal opportunity for you to look at your own self and attitude.

Regards midicon

edit on 18-6-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join