It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If time travel were possible

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Agreed. I think simply because we are here now...we werent destroyed by comets, earthquakes, nuke bombs etc. Obviously, we must have made it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
If time travel were possible, would we even know about it?

I do not think so. My theory is about alternate time lines and that if someone had come back and changed something, it would effect that time line and not ours.

Ex: someone went back and killed Hitler before he began his legacy, that alternate time line would change but ours would stay the same and would be none the wiser.

Look into system theory and ramification theory. Then look into holon theory. If you learn these three basic fields of study, to the degree of being conversational with the primary tenets of each, you will likely find your answer concerning the actual impact of time travel. The crib note here is that there's nothing that's isolated from everything else. Every change/event trajectory is historically comprised of the net ramifications of previous change/event trajectories, and reverse correcting for the ramification adjustments caused by changes in any preceding trajectory would involve a mind-numbing arrangement of follow-on corrections that would literally never stop needing to be made, as the new, corrected timeline chased the original ramification roll-out forever.

Time travel is impossible. That's because Time is the simple exchange of one quantum of Now for the next quantum of Now. Just one unit following the last unit. The basis of quantum physics. As each quantum of Now becomes the next quantum of Now, change occurs (also in quantum unitary synchronization) across an unimaginable breadth of countless change/event trajectories that are all in quantized lock-step. Time is just that progression from one quantum unit of Now to the next and the next after that. It's not something that is malleable or transversable. In fact, it's the quantum basis of material reality itself.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
good point

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Time travel for humans is impossible. But there is a way to reach into the past from a future... Don't ask.

If you could somehow alter history, say prevent the holocaust and WWII, you would change nothing in this present time. You would create a new timeline from the point where you changed history, and it would run a separate course through the fabric of time apart from your own. Who knows what that new reality would be like now in 2014?

If you could prevent a world war in the future, or prevent a major catastrophe with foreknowledge and intervention, you would also create an alternative timeline that would run course apart from that future, only now you are along for the ride, a part of a new reality.... Problem is, the timeline is now unstable, unpredictable and chaotic.. potentially dangerous.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I sometimes wonder about the opposite. Multiple people in the future are traveling back in time, the present is always changing, and at any moment, we are completely unaware. I may have just started living about five seconds ago...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join