It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need a great name!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Stari

Kronokitty, , krakitten,

or,

Bastet, Bast, maahes, Sekhmet, Ailuros, apedemak, Narasimha, Jaguarundi, Cit-Chac-Coh, Mafdet, Mau,

edit on 6 16 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Zuul

Ok, so it's fictional but it's from Ghostbusters.

Zuul the Gatekeeper of Gozer is a demigod and minion of Gozer, The Destructor, alongside Vinz Clortho the Keymaster. Zuul is assumed to be female due to being known as The Gatekeeper and for possessing a female host instead of a male host. It possessed Dana Barrett in Ghostbusters. It was worshiped by the Sumerians and Hittites in 6000 BC, along with Gozer.[1]

EDIT:

Also, Mu, after the mythical lost continent.

or how about Nut? From Wikipedia:

Goddess of the sky[edit]
Nut is a daughter of Shu and Tefnut. She is Geb's wife as well as sister. She has four or five children: Osiris, Set, Isis, Nephthys, and sometimes Horus. Her name is translated to mean 'sky'[3][4] and she is considered one of the oldest deities among the Egyptian pantheon,[5] with her origin being found on the creation story of Heliopolis. She was originally the goddess of the nighttime sky, but eventually became referred to as simply the sky goddess. Her headdress was the hieroglyphic of part of her name, a pot, which may also symbolize the uterus. Mostly depicted in nude human form, Nut was also sometimes depicted in the form of a cow whose great body formed the sky and heavens, a sycamore tree, or as a giant sow, suckling many piglets (representing the stars).

edit on 2014-6-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Lando. Because there just aren't enough Landos in this world.
I'm thinking about changing my name to Lando...

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I'll start calling you Lando if you would like.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ki: The Earliest Sumerian earth Goddesses. One syllable is hard. Bast is the female cat goddess. Good luck.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You could call her Mu

Mu is the name of a suggested lost continent whose concept and the name were proposed by 19th-century traveler and writer Augustus Le Plongeon, who claimed that several ancient civilizations, such as those of Egypt and Mesoamerica, were created by refugees from Mu—which he located in the Atlantic Ocean.

Mu Wiki
That is if you don't mind sounding like a cow when you call her. "Here moooooo" Yeah maybe not

Or you could call her Steve. She looks like a Steve to me.
edit on 6/16/2014 by DirkGently because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Schrodinger...because then he could be a cat of all posibilities!

Or Bast, or Bastet

Areas of Influence: The Egyptian cat goddess Bast had numerous areas of influence that developed over time. In the early days she was the fierce lion headed Goddess of the lower Nile who protected the Pharaoh and the sun God Ra. This is why she has the title of Goddess of protection. In this role she became Goddess of the rising sun and holder of the Utchat, the all seeing eye of Horus. Statues of this Goddess would be placed in households to protect them from thieves.

Bast the cat link

Cute Kitty by the way.

edit on 16-6-2014 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Cleo(patra), Clio, Calliope, Europa

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Are her ears or nose slightly darker than the rest of her body? If so, she may be a Siamese mix and her eyes will stay blue and her darker ears and nose will turn chocolate colored. My avatar is of my beloved China Blue Tallulah Belle, Snowshoe Extraordinaire who looked much like your kitten when she was very young. Check your kitten closely to ascertain if she will have future markings.

If she is not a Siamese mix there is a chance her eyes will change colors in a month or two.
edit on 16-6-2014 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If the cat was one of those with one brown and one blue eye:

Id call it David Meowie

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Catlantis

edit on 16-6-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ok I got some great names from you guys, thanks so much!!

I really like Ki, I had cleo on my list of names. Catlantis is a really good name but seems to be quite a mouthful especially when I am mad at her which I am sure will happen.

This is her nose, I hope she keeps her blue eyes but I do understand that she may lose them.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Purfection

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Sapphire - because of those deep blues.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think you should've gone with Lando.

Oh well we all have opinions that's the problem.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

There can only be one.

Lando.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yeah, it does look like she has some Siamese in her after seeing the close up of her nose. Are the back of her ears a bit darker too? And if she is part siamese she will darken according to what kind of siamese she is part of. Some kinds barely darken at all. What did the people you got her from say she is?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Oh my God!

Your cat has an adorable nose!

*frantically attempts to cease making squealing noises*

Ahem... Normal service will be resumed shortly.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
How about chucky manson??
While it is not one syllable it is a very interesting name.
When asked, "why in the hell you named him that"??
Just give a blank stare and say, "we don't discuss that"!

What a conversation starter!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Erisa Bilbo Corntoe Frogurt Ballsneaker the 4th....
Best cat name ever!

or simply Eve

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join