It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese stealth fighter?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: milomilo

i dont believe US will share data on stealth.. this sounds like publicity moves..

japan dont have military industries and you cant become a 5th gen aircraft maker just because you used to build Zero back then..

anyone know whats the major japanese heavy industries nowadays ? no military industries, no experienced workers, no skilled technicians..

If it was in the USA best intrests and a strong japanese military 100% certainly is then yes they will help.

Rember USA nearly sold F-117 to the UK until we deciced we had no use for them. If a allie is trusted and it makes sense they will do it.

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

i dont believe US will share data on stealth.. this sounds like publicity moves..

japan dont have military industries and you cant become a 5th gen aircraft maker just because you used to build Zero back then..

anyone know whats the major japanese heavy industries nowadays ? no military industries, no experienced workers, no skilled technicians..

If it was in the USA best intrests and a strong japanese military 100% certainly is then yes they will help.

Rember USA nearly sold F-117 to the UK until we deciced we had no use for them. If a allie is trusted and it makes sense they will do it.

i thought the F117 was rejected by UK because of it's horrible maintenance procedure and cost

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

Yeah UK rejectedit.

My point was USA still offered.

Just showing that the USA will share mostly anything to a trusted allyif in its intrests

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yeah UK rejectedit.

Just showing that the USA will share mostly anything to a trusted allyif in its intrests

UK is different.. UK is practically US's unsinkable carried off europe..

Japan on the other hand... no... no way US would be stupid enough to rearm a country that one day will return the favor (hirosima nagasak remember the fallen)

japan, if their warlike nature aroused again, their anger will be focused like laser on the 2 criminal nuclear test done on 2 japanese cities..

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yeah UK rejectedit.

Japan on the other hand... no... no way US would be stupid enough to rearm a country that one day will return the favor (hirosima nagasak remember the fallen)

japan, if their warlike nature aroused again, their anger will be focused like laser on the 2 criminal nuclear test done on 2 japanese cities..

I'm just curious, where are you from?

posted on Jul, 18 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

They already have returned the favor. It was called Pokemon.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

They already have returned the favor. It was called Pokemon.

thats not even their 1st choice.. maybe manga invasion

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Not to mention ships, ships that are as good as any.

Or tanks?

Why not planes?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Exactly. Other countries are lining up to buy Japanese built equipment for their militaries. From planes, to patrol ships. Even the new regional jet has been selling pretty well.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

Yeah UK rejectedit.

He is the president of knobsville with a licence to be a knob

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

LOL. You have me in tears. How more sheltered can someone possibly get? Have you ever met a single Japanese person in your life?

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirDrinksalot

originally posted by: boomer135

Yeah UK rejectedit.

He is the president of knobsville with a licence to be a knob

Before this gets pulled by the mods

Iv got to remember that one!

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
It's interesting, japan controls about 40% of the world Robotics Industry

And Mitsubishi is making planes again

and this is a nation whose manufacturing capability is the output of 7 Million plus cars a year and they could build more...

And this is the era of Drone warfare

Makes me wonder how fast the Japanese could be a global military power if they choose a certain direction, so many jokes about robots and transformers here but the reality if things ever came to pass might not be all that far off.

If even 5 years ago I had said 30% of the US air force would be drones I'd have gotten my butt kicked all over the forum, just sayin....

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: criticalhit
It's interesting, japan controls about 40% of the world Robotics Industry

And Mitsubishi is making planes again

and this is a nation whose manufacturing capability is the output of 7 Million plus cars a year and they could build more...

And this is the era of Drone warfare

Makes me wonder how fast the Japanese could be a global military power if they choose a certain direction, so many jokes about robots and transformers here but the reality if things ever came to pass might not be all that far off.

If even 5 years ago I had said 30% of the US air force would be drones I'd have gotten my butt kicked all over the forum, just sayin....

Japan can transition it's industries into a high tech military industries again , but it will take some time , and im certain it's neighbours wont like it.. The last time japan got militaristic, the asian nations suffered.. this time im sure it will be the japanese people who will be 'First-Strike'ed by certain nation if they try to get militaristic again.

sorry, even South Korean hate the Japanese and if Japan goes militaristic, the balance of power in Korean peninsula might change and we would see a strange allieance between China and South Korea (and the continual muzzling of china's proxy NK)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

YES they do but NO they won't I WAS in CP stanley in 86 as a BLUES scout so you lose again ace.
MY ex hated NORK FAR more and didn't want to be a COMMIE.
edit on 19-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Japan not only working on advanced aircraft and uav projects .. they also build one of the best main battle tanks in the world .

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah, meanwhile the Japanese are selling weapons now... so they are making that transition and no one is "first striking" them.

All i'm saying is Wars are never fought with the last wars technology... Robots mainly building Robot is kind of Japans Forte. I think it's doable, underestimation of Japans national drive and work ethic probably isn't erring on the proper side of reality...

The "drone" thing, it's going to leave it's mark on warfare I think, expendable cheap to reuse multiple use vehicles, right now we are the pioneers but I can't help but think about how easy it would be to just uber mass produce these and more so wonder what ability any nation would have to defend against this technology as it advances

While I don't think history will repeat itself in this day and age, you mention China, the great threat of 1.5 Billion people, I can conceive of the use of mass produced drones as a way Japan could rise quickly and be able to make all that manpower useless, Boats with human lives onboard vs Drones? The boats wouldn't stand a chance if they were designed for that purpose, robotic interception of missiles? One can imagine a Drone army as being pretty unstoppable (unless the Chinese have Jedi
)If this wasn't the case the US wouldn't be relying on them so much...

Not saying it's going to happen, just saying it's plausible to take this new technology and be a super power very, very quickly if done right...

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Wow... that Tank looks wicked...

didn't see a top speed? any idea?

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

Theyre not saying a top speed on it or mightve missed it .. saw a demo of it would estimate they were doing easy 180 km hr couple times .. had a friend invite me to see last year when was in japan .. it was quite impressive seeing the demo ..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

That fast?

That's beyond merely impressive, and approaching holy crap...!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join