It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw the Future in a Lucid Dream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So this morning i had a pretty strange dream and remembered it upon waking. In the dream i saw a couple Tornadoes, and since it was a Lucid Dream i randomly dreamed up the classic Wizard of Oz Scene with the Witch riding a bike in the tornado and i was like wtf am i dreaming then the dream changed to a random map(map was kinda fuzzy). Didn't think much of it until today at work when i heard on the news(we have a TV for customers and it was on the news lol) that there are "Severe Tornado" Warnings on the TV when i was cleaning up and it was in Florida and the map from my dream matched exactly to where the Tornado warnings were. So anyone have any ideas on what that means? As I live in NY not Florida.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Stevemagegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well in dream interpertations tornados mean conflict/turmoil with either the dreamer or someone very close to them.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Why does ATS attract these people!!

Its just silliness!

Attention seeking maybe?
edit on 15-6-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Interesting dream, the more vivid they come the scarier they can be.

Over the past couple years I've had a large increase in the number of lucid/vivd dreams that often consume my thoughts for a day or two. Spiders crawling on me, people watching me, doom...doom...and more doom.

A couple nights ago I had one that really shook me up. There was some sort of disturbance in my Dad's house. I can't recall exactly what the disturbance was. What shook me up was that during the dream I went downstairs and saw my Dad in a hysterical/crazy state of mind. And as I approached I saw some blood on him and he was holding his hand. When I got closer, I saw that all his fingers had been bitten off and the blood was on his face insinuating that he bit them off himself.

I can deal with snakes and spiders and aliens and all that...but to see my own father in that kind of condition...even as I type this I can remember what his fingerless hands looked like. It puts fear in a person, fear that you'll actually see it actually happen.

I have no idea where the human consciousness/subconsciousness comes up with these things. Luckily none of my dreams have ever come true to my knowledge.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Its just silliness!

Attention seeking maybe?

Who are "These People"?

Lucid dreaming is real. As in science still studies it today. The OP just had a question about what others thought of his dream. He didn't claim to have predicted any great cataclysmic event before it happened or claim he was somehow psychic.... he was just seeking opinions about his dream and whether it could have been prophetic. I don't think it was attention seeking at all, but I think your post may have been. If it wasn't, it still wasn't very nice.

This forum is here for "These People". Everyone at ATS is "These People". YOU are someone else's "These People".

JMO of course.

S&F OP.... Because I can.
edit on 6/16/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Perhaps you are one of the rare types that can pick up atmospheric changes and instinctively knew there were tornados over the land somewhere who knows, but if its tornado season then its not so strange?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Well, the Father Figure in a dream means safety and security, so seeing him injured could mean that there is some sort of threat that you sense to your personal/emotional safety.

Also the dream occurred in your Father's home, and the home of your parents symbolizes life roots and foundations.

Since you live in NY, and don't experience tornadoes often, the tornadoes/bad storms usually represent the unknown fears, things that you feel you have no control over.

Sounds like you have some chaos or conflict going on...I hope the early warning dream helps you work it out!
Take care.
MissMissie

edit on Jun5219190652191952America/Chicago by Missmissie173 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Its just silliness!

Attention seeking maybe?

People like you?

I don't know, good question.

Maybe they are constantly bullied in real life, and so they go online and take it out on the first person they can find.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Missmissie173

Since you live in NY, and don't experience tornadoes often, the tornadoes/bad storms usually represent the unknown fears, things that you feel you have no control over.

Sounds like you have some chaos or conflict going on...I hope the early warning dream helps you work it out!
Take care.
MissMissie

I understand the Symbology of the Tornado but what about the map after i tried to change the scene from the Wizard of Oz? What does that mean? When i saw the News Weather Channel Report it actually gave me a little goose bumps because it matched perfectly.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I had a dream about a volcano eruption in Lake Huron and in the middle of that dream a map popped up. This was a map of Michigan showing the volcano in Lake Huron, just north of the tip of the thumb. The strange thing about this map was that the town my grandmother lived in at the time was in big letters and the larger towns around it were in small letters.

Then about a month or two later, my mother told me the grain elevator in my grandmother's town caught fire and exploded. As we watched the news together to see the report, I described the dream I had and the strange map I saw. When the report came up, they showed an identical map. My mother was spooked because I described the map exactly just before the news program showed it.

There was no volcano, but since I had no experience with exploding grain elevators, my mind choose a similar event to represent something I wasn't aware of that hadn't actually happened yet, so perhaps your dream is precognitive, at least concerning the map part.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the dream realms are basically lighter echoes of our personal reality. They echo back and forth in time. The wizard of oz portion could have been your mind interpreting conscious time travel in a way.

I have had dream that came true too. Its really triply when it happens.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It took long time but finally started getting a grip on these type things, at least for my circumstance.

I found that if there is a major traumatic/psychic "hit" of numerous people or if someone close to me is involved in something significant (airplane crash, flood, etc) then I'll see it through their eyes but with a lot of distortion of what really happened (no future events, only real time, recent past).

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Do you have close friends or relatives that live in Florida?

It's very possible you had a precognitive dream, imo. I'm just wondering what the connection is between you - and the area of Florida - if any?

S&F OP. Enjoyable read and comments, save one.

CdT

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't think anyone but the dreamer should speculate as to what a dream means. Some interpretations I've read are pure foolishness.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It could be that you know someone in that area of the tornados and were picking up on what was on their mind. I try to look at all the angles and for some reason this one is more energetic in my mind.

I posted before i read all comments and it looks like others have picked up on this too. I would have to say in this case that is your answer. You could also have a close spiritual bond with someone there that you are unaware of.
edit on 16-6-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: booyakasha
the dream realms are basically lighter echoes of our personal reality. They echo back and forth in time. The wizard of oz portion could have been your mind interpreting conscious time travel in a way.

I have had dream that came true too. Its really triply when it happens.

My personal opinion on the Wizard of Oz is probably just Cultural Memory implanted into our Subconscious as children since i was dreaming about Tornadoes after all. When i saw the Witch flying around i just said okay this is just a dream and willed the scene to something else and that is when the map popped up. I have been practing dream control for a while now and believe it or not this is the first time i have had success like this by willing a scene to change.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I wouldn't look to others to try and interpret your dream. Only you know what these things mean to you, if they mean anything at all. How you came to dream about tornadoes, nobody knows. Did you hear it mentioned somewhere subconsciously the day before? Was a radio or TV playing in the background while you slept? Were you thinking about tornadoes (even if just for a split second!) the day before? Did you read something prior to falling asleep? Those are the most common reasons you end up dreaming about something.

That being said, I have had lucid dreams in the past that seemed to predict something which I wasn't aware of until I saw them happening in front of me. Suddenly it clicked. It's usually things that don't really seem life-changing or important to the world, but they are prophetic in nature. I've even shared the same prophetic dream with my sibling. We dreamed about the same completely random-seeming thing, but we interpreted it differently. For example one night we dreamed about ladybugs. She dreamed about a swarm of ladybugs and I dreamed about one giant ladybug. That day we went on a trip to Mexico and stopped by some cliffs to look at the ocean below. All of a sudden a swarm of lady bugs approached us and landed on our clothes. That's when both of us realized how weird the dream was. I've never seen a swarm of ladybugs before or since. No real importance,... just a weird prophetic dream.

My point is that maybe your tornado dream (if not influenced by outside factors) was prophetic in nature. It didn't really help you in any way, nor did it help anyone else as far as I can tell from your post, but it happened. Sometimes we're just lucky and get caught up in some kind of time warp so to speak. When Tesla was supposed to meet a journalist, he came a bit late to the interview and claimed he had accidentally electrocuted himself. He said that when it happened, he had seen himself in the past, present and future... as if all three were happening simultaneously. What is time and does the past, present and future really coexist simultaneously? If that's the case, it would be no surprise that once in a while some of us had the fortune to be able to experience a glimpse into the future. Trouble is you never know you saw anything of significance until you see it unfold in front of you.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Its just silliness!

Attention seeking maybe?

Well, to be honest, reading your post makes me wonder why people like You are attracted to ats. Strange world, eh?

Enjoy accusing others of things like attention seeking for merely using a forum, the dream forum, for its specified use, reporting dreams, maybe?

Inserting yourself somewhere you clearly don't belong and making inflammatory remarks with multiple uses of the exclamation point is a surefire way to attract attention. Perhaps it is you who is seeking attention.

To seek attention using a most infantile method indicates some very deeply seeded issues going on with you, way back to your early childhood. It's OK bud, most of us have scars. Hit me up with a Private Message if you wanna try to work out some of these things before they come to surface again, manifesting in sequentially more destructive behaviors until it becomes serious. There are people who care, and I extend my invitation with compassion to anybody in need.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
So this morning i had a pretty strange dream and remembered it upon waking. In the dream i saw a couple Tornadoes, and since it was a Lucid Dream i randomly dreamed up the classic Wizard of Oz Scene with the Witch riding a bike in the tornado and i was like wtf am i dreaming then the dream changed to a random map(map was kinda fuzzy). Didn't think much of it until today at work when i heard on the news(we have a TV for customers and it was on the news lol) that there are "Severe Tornado" Warnings on the TV when i was cleaning up and it was in Florida and the map from my dream matched exactly to where the Tornado warnings were. So anyone have any ideas on what that means? As I live in NY not Florida.

that "lol" sums up your psyche and how serious you are about this subject pretty much, thank you.

neeext.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Looks like a couple of tornadoes touched down in Nebraska today.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join