It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran sends troops into Iraq to aid fight against Isis militants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

Actually I think Saudi Arabia is rooting for ISIS . Saudi Arabia has been giving prisoners a chance for a clean slate go fight in Syria . Saudi Arabia has been funding the Syrian rebels . Rebels are mostly sunni ISIS is sunni and Saudi Arabia ruling class is sunni. If ISIS wants a caliphate the traditional seat was in turkey 75 % of turkey is sunni the taliban sunni

Now Syrian government is shiite and Iraqi leaderships is shiite . Iran is shiite . I hate to see Iraq go threw this so many gains lost this might just be simply a religious war.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Well I don't know about everyone else but if this is true, how the hell can Iran's Qud's force be on a terrorist watchlist if they are going in too fight for a Western installed Islamic government against the most brutal extremists of all? The same could be said for Hezbollah who are doing the same in Syria... I think we are all being told bs.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
You know, it's really a shame that the US doesn't have an ally in the Middle East who could help out. An ally that we could count on. An ally that we have been supporting for decades with financial and military aid. An ally that doesn't mind firing a few rockets at terrorists. Oh well, what can you do? I guess the US should start looking for a real ally in the Mideast region.

Not sure why you don't just come out and say the word Israel. Are you saying Israel should start a war that will lead to its assured destruction (there is little to no doubt that would be the outcome) and that America should tell it to do so?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You know, it's really a shame that the US doesn't have an ally in the Middle East who could help out. An ally that we could count on. An ally that we have been supporting for decades with financial and military aid. An ally that doesn't mind firing a few rockets at terrorists. Oh well, what can you do? I guess the US should start looking for a real ally in the Mideast region.

The whole point of the USA going in to the Middle East is to bring the Muslims down to a level with Israel can probably handle. Seriously, Israel will be in a conflict very soon, it's just a matter of when.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

The whole point of the USA going in to the Middle East is to bring the Muslims down to a level with Israel can probably handle. Seriously, Israel will be in a conflict very soon, it's just a matter of when.

That's all these middle-eastern wars are about; Helping Israel level the playing field and become the epi-center of the middle east, and the rest of it is about OIL.

I don't know a lot about ISIS. Did the US gov, Saudi Arabia or Israel train and arm them like they did other "terrorist" groups? Oh, and I think Iran and other Muslim countries should be handling this instead of the US. Good for Iran!

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje

That's all these middle-eastern wars are about; Helping Israel level the playing field and become the epi-center of the middle east, and the rest of it is about OIL.

I find it interesting that none of those extremist groups have actually turned their attention to Israel. Instead, they would rather persecute their own people.

I don't know a lot about ISIS. Did the US gov, Saudi Arabia or Israel train and arm them like they did other "terrorist" groups? Oh, and I think Iran and other Muslim countries should be handling this instead of the US. Good for Iran!

I'd put my money on the Saudi's... When it comes to those groups they are usually pulling some strings somewhere and as we know, they are also an ally of America. Though I'm not suggesting the USA are directly arming and training ISIS, there is a high possibility that money is being funnelled through Saudi Arabia and the other gulf states in the region.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join