It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top ten things Obama should have done:

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TuEsIncredibiliterStultus

No pain, no gain.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Believe it or not, for a multitude of reasons Obama's presidency has been a necessary evil.

That said, his second term is overkill....

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Top Ten things Obama should have done:

10. Learned how to govern before learning how to golf.
9. To judge people by the content of character, instead of color of skin.
8. Learned humility.
7. Joined the military.
6. Talked to people instead of lecturing.
5. Tell the truth.
4. Not treat science as a political tool.
3. Formed opinions based on fact instead of rhetoric.
2. Stayed away from anything "metrosexual".
1. Learned how many states are in America.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I want to play the "I hate Obama" game too, but really 7 out of 10 dealing with Iraq?

Go ahead and call it 'hate' I call it trying to open the eyes of those who have gone back the Clinton era thinking nothing is going to touch us.

We can choose to ignore it again like we have. Like we are currently doing yet again.

But make no effing mistake.

There is a whole world of snip headed our way once again.

Whether or not people want it.

We can pay for it now, we can pay for it later, but we will pay for it in a number of ways.

We can fight it here or we can fight there, but we will be fighting once again.

The last 6 administrations have been the proof in that pudding.

It is coming.

Regardless.
edit on 15-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I can't help but remember this golden nugget.

Government is us, and were doing things 'right'.
edit on 15-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

However, as Obama said on Friday, his apparent commitment to the political goals which propelled him into office – namely, a commitment to American retrenchment and especially the extrication of U.S. forces from the Iraqi theater – trumps the immediate security needs of a region in crisis.

hotair.com...

Every single decision made in the past 6 years has been political.

As the security needs of that region don't rate.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

he is implying with that last part that obama should have spent more time and resources on training the iraqi military and should have stayed away from that fumbled sting operation. Just the fact that he inadvertantly armed mexican cartels is terrible. How much of an ignoramous could you be?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Stayed in Hawaii :-)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I think it's as much or more accurate to say we had the best trainers we could get and they weren't good enough...or there weren't enough of them. Either way, I don't blame a trainee for failure. I blame the trainer. I have in my trucking career and I have in general life. When someone has real time spent doing it the right way, then they can be blamed for screwing the pooch. If they never got training worth a damn..what can be laid at their feet but following the best they DID get?

I don't blame our guys either. We literally got the best we could. Those willing to go into a war zone and risk being blown to pieces by simply being near recruits, who themselves were prized targets judging by how often they were blown up or murdered en masse.

I think if we'd taken them outside Iraq for the training in full immersion and isolation, we'd have had much better people willing to do it and they'd have been focused to come out much better. Just my thoughts.
edit on 6/16/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

We needed a man like Martin Luther King we received another progressive looking to take away our liberty at every turn. He should have brought the races together and lead the black culture out of self imposed chains. The black culture remains enslaved in apathy and false idols.

100 years from now I believe this country will have already seen a 2nd revolution to reenact the constitution. They will say he was anti liberty and did nothing to help his own race break the cycle of self imposed slavery. It is funny how the people that support him now hate Bush and Reagan but in the future they will all share the same anti liberty page in a book.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I think you've completely encapsulated the essence of what went wrong. Go back and read what you wrote from the 100,000 ft perspective. There was no good solution. The most brilliant people on Earth would have been overtaxed ensuring a positive outcome.

The problem now, is that our politicians have inflamed the entire region. If they didn't like us before over our unwavering support of Israel, they utterly despise us now. Those folks understand Jihad. We better too. And the sooner the better. I've seen people on this site talk about Armageddon. Well, (in terms of our lifetimes) this is how and where it started. When Turkey gets drawn into it, it'll be on like Donkey Kong.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh for heavens sake, Obama has spent most of his presidency cleaning up the giant mound of crap that the brain-dead idiot who came before him left all over the place.
And by the way - if climate change isn't a threat then why is the reinsurance industry so desperately worried about it?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Well, Lets Get This S*** Show Started.....

Since it seems the OP is Right Handed...I Haven't Heard You Blame Bush or any Republicans for A TON of Issues they have caused.
No ONE government is truly better than the other, but to be blatantly raciest or being a bigot on the internet is just down right shame full - posting a list.... what ever list you have against Obama, there will always be one twice as long against Bush or Republicans.

At least have some respect at the end of your rant, which this is...so Mod Move this Stink to Ranting.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Oh for heavens sake, Obama has spent most of his presidency cleaning up the giant mound of crap that the brain-dead idiot who came before him left all over the place.
And by the way - if climate change isn't a threat then why is the reinsurance industry so desperately worried about it?

100% Correct!

If you challenge me on this, I will List a Thread Here and A New One, Challenging All you Simple Minded - Right-sided Ideas.

Government and Those Elect Are Not to Blame, If you Want to Point a Finger at Someone, Point it At the Lobbyist.

Regards,

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Then why did Obama take credit for ending the war then eh?

What president doesn't take credit for what the president before him did? You are new to the political scene in America huh?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth
100 years from now I believe this country will have already seen a 2nd revolution to reenact the constitution. They will say he was anti liberty and did nothing to help his own race break the cycle of self imposed slavery. It is funny how the people that support him now hate Bush and Reagan but in the future they will all share the same anti liberty page in a book.

That is the way of the liberal of today. 8 years under Clinton and 8 years under Obama, both self proclaimed champions of the poor and nada....

The liberals of today have broken the code to votes. Tell the ignorant masses what they want to hear and garner a larger percentage of their ignorant votes. No need to actually get them good jobs for they might then have a reason to vote conservative. Then you have the media/Hollywood bandwagon as they eat their 400 dollar lunch empathizing with those in need, patting each other on the back while telling everyone how such a good person they are to care so much for the little people....

edit on 16-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The problem now, is that our politicians have inflamed the entire region. If they didn't like us before over our unwavering support of Israel, they utterly despise us now. Those folks understand Jihad. We better too. And the sooner the better. I've seen people on this site talk about Armageddon. Well, (in terms of our lifetimes) this is how and where it started. When Turkey gets drawn into it, it'll be on like Donkey Kong.

You really can't inflame that region anymore than what they do all by themselves already as the norm. What people do not understand is they are an extremely different mindset then what we in the west would consider a sane approach.

I know many here might flame me, saying America isn't any better, but what I am really talking about is not the political side of all this, just the basic foundation of how the people in that part of the would think and act on a daily bases.

edit on 16-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

7. Stop lying about 'climate change' is the greatest threat we face.

THIS should be number one.

ETA: 11. Don't embolden terrorists by releasing five of their leaders / being a weak leader who can be taken advantage of

What about releasing Israeli spy John Pollard? That was far worse than releasing the 5 terrorists, IMO.

Lying about climate change should be # 1.
2. He should've kept out of the 'beer-gate' situation. He plays the race game a little too much.
3. He should've been smarter about the coal industry instead of killing thousands of jobs and leaving families with nothing to fall back on.
4. He should've surrounded himself with better people instead of extremist loons.
5. He should've turned down the scheme where they had him sing at that event(you know the one).

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Once Obama admin is over the stuff will come out and books will be wirtten how weak His admin and how clueless they are.Clintons prob cannot stand Obama,gaurannttee you that.Colin Powell probably well say stuff about Obama being terribly weak on foreign poliicy.Why the hell is no war general running for president anymore?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Since it seems the OP is Right Handed...I Haven't Heard You Blame Bush or any Republicans for A TON of Issues they have caused.

Why the hell should I ?

Paid attention to the 2008 campagin that said if we elected the current guy there would be peace in the ME, and the world would love us ?

We left Iraq and it would be all rainbows and unicorns there.

No ONE government is truly better than the other, but to be blatantly raciest or being a bigot on the internet is just down right shame full - posting a list....

Excuse me ?

EXCUSE ME ?

Just exactly what is 'racist' in this thread ?

WHAT ?

what ever list you have against Obama, there will always be one twice as long against Bush or Republicans.

What I have against Obama is he is an incompetent leader, who doesn't know what the EFF he is talking about.

How about people open up a GD history books and read lists like this:

1979 Iran Hostage Crisis: Islamic militants seized the U.S. Embassy in Tehran, Iran, and held 52 Americans hostage for 444 days. (Nov 4, 1979 to Jan 20, 1981) 1983 Bombing of US Embassy, Beirut, Lebanon. (April 18, 1983) 1983 Bombing of US Marine barracks, Beirut, Lebanon. (Oct 23, 1983) 1983 Bombing of US Embassy, Kuwait. (Dec 12, 1983) 1984 Kidnapping,torture, and murder of Political Officer/CIA Station Chief William F. Buckley, Beirut, Lebanon. Buckley died after 15 months of being tortured by the Islamic militants. (Mar 16, 1984 to Jun 3, 1985) 1984 Bombing of restaurant near US Air Force base in Torrejon, Spain. (Apr 12, 1984) 1984 Bombing of US Embassy annex, Beirut. (Sept 20, 1984) 1984 Hijacking of Kuwait Airlines Flight 221, diverted to Tehran: Two American passengers were murdered. (Dec 3, 1984) 1985 Hijacking of TWA Flight 847, diverted to Beirut. An American hostage was killed and dumped on the airport tarmac. (June 14, 1985) 1985 Hijacking of cruise ship Achille Lauro. A wheelchair-bound American is thrown overboard & killed. More than 700 people were taken hostage. (Oct 7, 1985) 1985 Bombing of Vienna and Rome airports. Five Americans were among the dead. (Dec 27, 1985) 1986 Bombing of La Belle disco, Berlin frequented by US servicemen. (April 5, 1986) 1988 Kidnapping, torture, and murder of US Marine Corps Lt Col William Higgins who was serving with the UN peacekeeping team in Lebanon. (Feb 17, 1988) 1988 Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland. Hundreds were murdered. (Dec 21, 1988) 1992 Bombing of hotel in Aden, Yemen. Their target: U.S. Marines. (Dec 29, 1992) 1993 First bombing World Trade Center, New York City. 7 killed and 1,042 wounded. (Feb 26, 1993) 1993 Foiled NY Landmarks plot by Omar Abdel Rahman to blow up the Holland and Lincoln tunnels and other New York City landmarks. 1993 Attempted Assassination of President Bush Sr. during visit to Kuwait (April 14, 1993) 1993 Black Hawk Down: US helicopters were shot down in Mogadishu, Somalia, during Operation Restore Hope. (Oct 3-4, 1993) 1994 Plot to assassinate President Clinton during visit to the Philippines. 1995 Failed Project Bojinka by Ramzi Yousef to blow up a dozen US airliners over the Pacific. (end in Jan 1995) 1995 Bombing US military headquarters, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. (Nov 13, 1995) 1996 Bombing Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia, housing U.S. military personnel. (Jun 25, 1996) 1998 Bombing U.S. Nairobi Embassy, Kenya, Africa. (Aug 7, 1998) 1998 Bombing U.S. Dar es Salaam Embassy, Tanzania, Africa. (Aug 7, 1998) 1999 Foiled LAX Millennium plot by Ahmed Ressam to bomb Los Angeles International Airport. Ressam was arrested at US Canadian border. 2000 Failed USS The Sullivans bombing that was refueling in the port of Aden, Yemen. (Jan 3, 2000) 2000 Bombing USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, 17 U.S. Navy sailors murdered. The USS Cole was not engaged in any combat during this period. (Oct 12, 2000) 2000 Bombing plaza Ferguson across the US Embassy, Manila, Philippines. Four other locations were bombed in Manila that day. (Dec 30, 2000) 2001 9/11 attacks: World Trade Center, Flight 93, Pentagon, almost 3,000 people were murdered. (Sept 11, 2001)

factreal.wordpress.com...

Guess it is just easier to go around calling people 'racist'.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Open up a history book

factreal.wordpress.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join