It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should be the new monetary system? What do you think?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I believe we should exhcange like the old times. If you are in need of a pack of cigs and you are dying for it; it means its pretty important to you. If that smoker thinking that his guitar cable is very very important to him; BUT; It can be discarded and he can make a new one, they should exchange.

Thats my thought. It can change with your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
That's not really a monetary system. Its barter.

Barter is great until you factor in people that can't contribute. What then?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree, barter system only works for those who can actually contribute... what about the elderly, the sick?

Monetary system, well my husband's little niece thinks it should have 'Hello Kitty' on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You are right. Hmm...... Let me think for some time and I will right my new thoughts. Guys, I love you! Thats what I really enjoy!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am a huge fan of the trade and barter system.

I do have what I think is a great idea that could overhaul the money system, but I will keep lid on it in hopes of being able to capitalize on my ideas.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I hope you see the irony in your post lol

Capitalizing on "trade and barter" hmm....

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am new and I don't know when people are giving flags... I couldn't find it. Could someone explain it?

EDIT: I got it.
edit on 15-6-2014 by r4inmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

Capitalizing on my ideas not the trade and barter system..........

I like the trade and barter system....one would be surprised what a person who needs a pack of smokes is willing to trade for their fix.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I am with you on this topic. Because it gives the true sense of the "worth" of the "thing".
Btw, I also respect your secrecy about your ideas. Ideas are fragile.

EDIT: Because the "true" "sense" is different from person to person, so the "worth".

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Bitcoin or some other established anonymous crypto currency. DE-CENTRALIZED is the key here, AND not one government can claim it as theirs, it's simply everyone's..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
But we need a find a new and GOOD system which is unvulnurable to the faults.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: r4inmaker

Internet can be hacked.

EDIT: And also think about the time where there is no internet. Which is not possible but, still, it should be stable and should have no connection to the internet.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Maybe like a chip on your wrist which is a LAN network different than the internet? But here comes the problem, again LAN is Internet. It can be hacked.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Okay, I came to a solution that we need tangable coins like the old times. But;

I think here is the solution; one should only earn "coins" when he or she did something GOOD for the humanity. HEHE ! HERE IS THE SOLUTION!

EDIT: And this should be proven. Like the "one" , if he/she is really helpfull to the community. If he gives baloons to a little child from the heart, he should get coins.

Again we have a new problem; how are we going to define the "worth" of the "thing" ? Like, how many coins it should cost?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Anyone there? =)

EDIT: Update: The coins should be given from the person; from the heart. Like; "Okay, he did this and I will give him this much coin because I believe his actions is worth this much." . What do you think?

EDIT 2: This defines the "true" worth of the person's action. Which is from the heart; which is "divine".

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: r4inmaker
But we need a find a new and GOOD system which is unvulnurable to the faults.

Right after we invent the perfect form of government, right?

If humans are involved then faults are inherent in any system you devise.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yes.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

But there is no PERFECT goverment. People should be left alone to deal with their kids to teach them the best.

I spent my years with my mother and half of it with my father because he is worked his thing off to look after us, and left me and my sister alone because they needed to feed us... Which is WRONG.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: r4inmaker
What should be the new monetary system? What do you think?

We need a global reserve currency controlled by a private banking cartel with access to a wizard with a double-major in shortsightedness and progeny debt issuance, who wields a magical fiat printing press.

This wizard can then print notes out of nothing, call it money, and then sell it to all the little debt hostages, with a nominal added interest.

Problem solved. Huzzah!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: METACOMET

Who is this wizard then?

EDIT: In your equasion, we need to find the wizard... And the problem arises; there is no wizard...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join