It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Cat Went Missing For Ten Days... What Should I Expect From His Behaviour?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BloodSister
If he is drinking as much as you think, his urine should be nearly clear, light, pale yellow, even for an uneutered male. The scent they mark with actually comes from anal glands, but most people think it's the urine. It is not.

If the urine remains orangish, you should try to capture some. If this is not possible, the vet can catheterize him for a sample. I suggest testing if it remains dark colored. This is a sign the urine is concentrated, and may be due to liver or kidney dysfunction. Seeing as he was trapped for an unknown time, it would be wise to be safe rather than sorry. My kitty was in severe liver failure after just two days, and even after several days in ICU, we couldn't save him.

The sooner you act, the better. If he is okay, then you have peace of mind, if not, you may still have a chance, but his clock is ticking. I am glad he is eating, but it doesn't mean he is out of the woods, yet. Especially with your info.

Good luck, please keep us updated!

edit on 16-6-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Don't know if it has mentioned yet but your cats stomach has probably shrunk. I wouldn't worry about it to much, however you may want to make a vet appointment in the near future. Cats can pick up all kinds of nasty things while out roaming about especially if they haven't been vaccinated properly.

I have a cat now old, but he used to take vacations as I called it and one time he wound up getting worms. His appetite didn't change much so it wasn't noticeable. I took hm in to get booster shots and they found out he had worms that did mess up his liver functions where now he can't pt on weight. So I recommend taking him in to get checked out, shots, and especially neutered. He may not like you that day but at least you can rest easier if he gets lose again.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Not sure if this might help, but my outdoor cat loses is appetite when he either catches is own meal, or runs in the house in a panic because something bigger was chassing it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Libertygal
Update...

He is eating a lot better now, yesterday and today. He's playing and scratching on his post and his wee isn't orange like it was. I'm glad to have my little Oliver all back to normal, I will be taking him for chipping tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Great news! Be sure to tell the vet what happened, let him just give him a check up. Can't hurt. So glad he seems okay, was so hard for us to learn about this terrible cat only disease the hard way, by losing a beloved kitty.

Really happy he made it through!

edit on 17-6-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join