It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Dinosaurs Walk Among Humans in the Days of the Bible?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Did Dinosaurs Walk Among Humans in the Days of the Bible?

Yes: if you examine Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Chinese, Babylonian, Scandinavian, Japanese, Spartan, Persian and Indian writings, they're absolutely full of references to dinosaurs - littered with them. They talk about Tyrannosaurus rex, Velociraptors, Pterodactyls and Stegosauruses all the time. Heck, most people used to keep Megalodons in fish tanks in their homes. That's why it's generally accepted by intelligent people that the bible is literally true.

/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MarsIsRed

It wasnt an actual question.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyingfish
a reply to: KaelemJames

Congratulations on your subservient confusion, but this thread is about dinosaurs existing during bible times...
The answer is no.

Sarcasm aside, I know from experience that you can overcome indoctrination. Victims of child abuse can overcome the strong hold it has on them.The brainwashing will always remain but in its subjugation it will eventually be replaced with the pride of accomplishment overcoming ignorance and superstition in understanding the true nature of existence.

well, good for you for overcoming child abuse.

what is the true nature of existence, btw?

i think you equating child abuse with religion is, frankly, dumb.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBlueShiroux
a reply to: MarsIsRed

It wasnt an actual question.

That's ok - it wasn't an actual answer ;-)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Brainwashing children and teaching them lies and scaring them with stories of hell and death... is abuse... sorry.

As for question of existence, please don't tell me that reason we existed is that God was bored... How does belief helps you with folk stories to figure out reason we all exist?

How do you know you got it right?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Brainwashing children and teaching them lies and scaring them with stories of hell and death... is abuse... sorry.

As for question of existence, please don't tell me that reason we existed is that God was bored... How does belief helps you with folk stories to figure out reason we all exist?

How do you know you got it right?

yeah, ya can find all that stuff in the news too.

and it won't be "stories" will it.

i didn't claim to have found "the true nature of existence", he did.

you running interference didn't work, dude.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What can you find in news and do you force your kids to watch news with you??

I will tell you little story about folk-tales in time of 20-21st century. There was a war, and different people wrote different things from survivors of the same battle. This happened just as battle was done, next couple of years, we have stories that contradict each others - I am not telling anyone is laying, just that survivors gave different stories of the same account.

Now, to go back 2000-3000 years, where not everyone was educated, and those stories that your religion is build upon... they were written hundreds years after the given 'account'... just imagine how much magic, superstition, incredible and what's not stories you could get... and more unbelievable - people will like it more... no one likes to read boring stories... that did not change since first humans started recording things like fight of Gilgamesh...

edit on 18-6-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
What can you find in news and do you force your kids to watch news with you??

I will tell you little story about folk-tales in time of 20-21st century. There was a war, and different people wrote different things from survivors of the same battle. This happened just as battle was done, next couple of years, we have stories that contradict each others - I am not telling anyone is laying, just that survivors gave different stories of the same account.

Now, to go back 2000-3000 years, where not everyone was educated, and those stories that your religion is build upon... they were written hundreds years after the given 'account'... just imagine how much magic, superstition, incredible and what's not stories you could get... and more unbelievable - people will like it more... no one likes to read boring stories... that did not change since first humans started recording things like fight of Gilgamesh...

But since I get the warm and fuzzy's when I read it, then it must be Divine???right? Lol
edit on 18-6-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

Congratulations on your subservient confusion, but this thread is about dinosaurs existing during bible times...
The answer is no.

Sarcasm aside, I know from experience that you can overcome indoctrination. Victims of child abuse can overcome the strong hold it has on them.The brainwashing will always remain but in its subjugation it will eventually be replaced with the pride of accomplishment overcoming ignorance and superstition in understanding the true nature of existence.

Except, Religions have condoned child abuse for its entire existence. Remember we married 13 year olds to men over 20 for centuries...in churches....by priests. Let's not forget the catholic priests either, they didn't even wait for them to turn 13..... Spare the rod and spoil the child indeed.

I know the previous poster was referring to the brain washing and lies, but let's not forget there has been more then a little rape and murder in Jesus's name.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsingtao

The answer is no.

The real nature of reality is obviously an invisible blue eyed, white bearded republican who sits around watching as children are raped and murdered instead of stopping it...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that this is early mans attempt to explain dinosaurs as almost all dinosaur fossils found are dispersed and in never assembled or complete. It took a long time for archeologists to discover enough fossils to assemble the first dinosaur skeleton. In this days one didn't simply look over a ridge and see a dinosaur skeleton lying there completely in tact it's funny that anyone would even assume such non sense and even if there were one or two in tact In the entire planet dinosaur fossils aren't found on the surface of the earth they are always found underground usually pretty deep underground and if dinosaurs are as old as they say they are which I don't fully doubt they are then even the in the time the book of job was written which is the oldest book in the canon or bible as we call it today they would've been burried far under the earth and it's impossible to say that the ancient people from thaf time would have a single clue what a dinosaur would look like unless they saw them with their own eyes walking the earth with man there has been plenty if theory's and research and the only thing that holds water at all is that man walked with the dinosaurs. There is no other explanation and there's really nothing else that can be said about that man didn't simply guess what a dinosaur looks like and councidently get it completely correct this is reality and you can except it of not but it doesn't change what it is the past doesn't require your belief it doesn't even require you exist it just is period .a reply to: ArtemisE

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We live in a fallen world and shut is definitely #ed up and I often have asked myself and have screamed and cursed God for all the evil in the world but it boils down to this God doesn't intervene where he is not asked and let me ask this question if you were to walk into a 7/11 that you never worked at and ask for a Your paycheck what do you think they would say? do you think they would give it to you ? Of course you don't firsts your paycheck from 7/11 where you do not hold employment doesn't exist. So why do you think that God owes anyone who is not one who openly curses him and puts Him down and does nothing but talk trash about Him. What makes you think He even wants to look at our disgusting sinful flesh. The bible says He actually can't stand the sight of sin it is detestable to Him besides Hes already offered a way out of this fallen world and a link to redemption and eternal life and thaf is through his don Hesus Christ who has died in our place and all we have to of is accept his payment for our sins and our sins are paid for past present and future and then we have the right to actually be called the Children Of God what more does He need to do we deserve to die and yet He is offering is Eternal life through His son Jesus and people deny Him and they have the audacity to expect Him to help them ha they deny their own lives but God must help then or He doesn't exist wow that's bold !!!!! look at sin a reply to: ArtemisE

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I apologize for the typos iOS keyboard is crap ! a reply to: Frankie4fingaz

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Now go ahead and blast my reply to your replies it's ok I understand it makes you feel better so it's kool I wouldn't have it or expect it to be any other way besides God doemsnt need me to be His defender. An ant cannot be a worthy enemy rival or an opponent with a man and nor can man be to GOD !! ArtemisE

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaelemJames
a reply to: TheBlueShiroux

Yes, they were. God tells Job - “Behold, Behemoth, which I made as I made you;" Job 40:15.

If God says it is, then it is. He does not lie

On what type of animals they were? The leviathan, again IMO, is a large sea creature/serpent, or could even be dragon like. The Behemoth was a giant land animal, dinosaur-ish.

So which parts of the Judeo Christian holy books were authored by god? Last I checked Moses was the alleged author of the Pentateuch not god. Nor is he ascribed as author of any of the other books.

Lest i digress further, lets get to the meat and potatoes here, that if your lord and savior wrote any of this or was the "divine inspiration" behind he actually is a pretty big, fat stinking liar-

While the Bible is used so swear oaths on from the court room to political office and is often heard in the popular statement, “I’ll swear on a whole stack of Bibles.” evidently few people who use the Bible as a moral and ethical guide have ever really considered the true character of its two deities!

Divine Lie 1
Yahweh has all 400 of his holy prophets lie to King Ahab so God can get this king killed in battle:

"Then the king of Israel gathered the prophets together, about four hundred men, and said to them, “Shall I go against Ramoth-gilead to battle or shall I refrain?” And they said, “Go up, for the Lord will give it into the hand of the king.” (1 Kings 22: 6)

Divine Lie 2
Jehoshaphat knows God has His prophets lying to Ahab and tells him to send for the prophet Micaiah who confirms that God is indeed a lair:

"Micaiah said, “Therefore, hear the word of the LORD. I saw the LORD sitting on His throne, and all the host of heaven standing by Him on His right and on His left. “The LORD said, ‘Who will entice Ahab to go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead?’ And one said this while another said that. “Then a spirit came forward and stood before the LORD and said, ‘I will entice him.’ “The LORD said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.’ “Now therefore, behold, the LORD has put a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all these your prophets; and the LORD has proclaimed disaster against you.” (1 Kings 22: 19 – 23)

Divine Lie 3
The Prophet Jeremiah accuses God of being a deceiver and a liar:

"Then I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Surely You have utterly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, ‘You will have peace’; whereas a sword touches the throat.” (Jeremiah 4: 10)

Divine Lie 4
Jeremiah again accuses God of lying:

"O LORD, You have deceived me and I was deceived; You have overcome me and prevailed. I have become a laughingstock all day long; everyone mocks me." (Jeremiah 20:7)

Divine Lie 5
God will lie to anyone He doesn't like so God can have a excuse to kill them:

"And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel." (Ezekiel 14: 9)

Divine Lie 6
God lies to Adam about the Tree of Knowledge:

“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.” (Genesis 2: 17)

God’s lie is further exposed when the talking snake tells Eve the truth.

“The serpent said to the woman, “You surely will not die! “For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” (Genesis 3: 4)

Divine Lie 7
God lies to cover-up his lies:

“He who practices deceit shall not dwell within my house; He who speaks falsehood shall not maintain his position before me.” (Psalm 101: 7)

Divine Lie 8
God lies about his holiness to cover up more of his lies:

“There are six things which the LORD hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him:

Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,

A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil,

A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers." (Proverbs 6: 16 -19)

Divine Lie 9
Jesus lies to his apostles and lies as a sales pitch to get converts.

“Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." (John 14: 11 – 14)

Divine Lie 10
Jesus lies about his Second Coming:

“Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.” (Matthew 16: 28)

Divine Lie 11
Jesus lies about both the Jewish people and Satan:

“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” (John 8:44)

[Comment on the Book of Job:
If any apologists wants to claim that Satan (and not God) in the Book of Job is both a murder and a liar, then prove your case. Job's family clearly states that it was God who did all the harm to him, his wealth and his family: Then came there to him all his brothers, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought on him. (Job 42: 11)

This fact of theodicy is first stated by Job’s in his opening statement of the book: "He said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, And naked I shall return there. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away. Blessed be the name of the LORD." (Job 1: 21)

Biblical facts prove that Satan never murders or lies! ]

Divine Lie 12
Jesus lies about the amount of and power of faith:

“He replied, "Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." (Matthew 17: 20)

Ironically, the Biblical authors of the Old and New Testament end up defending and then (unknowingly) condemning their own Gods:

“He who is the Glory of Israel does not lie or change his mind; for he is not a man, that he should change his mind." (1 Samuel 15: 29) (Yeah, like creating a world full of animals and humans only to later destroy all life in a flood . . . and God is not changing his mind? Please!! (Genesis 6: 6- 7) Divine Lie 13)

"But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." (Revelation 21: 8)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Indoctrinated I know from experience that you are the one who is indoctrinated. You see I was once a dedicated atheist and a very close follower of Richard Dawkins & the god delusion was one of my faves but God revealed himself to me and I've come to realize that yes religion in it's most extreme form is screwed up and I do believe it is indeed dangerous big it's not at all rdligiouz to believe in Christ. See religion is defined by man working his way to God which opposite to the message of Christ as Christ works Hus way to man.
Open your eyes my friend the world is not on your side things are not at all what they seem to be. They will lie to no end and take it as far as they can to make you believe it they are what control the world they a secrcreg and merge at bohemian grove Christ is dangerous to there agenda and they have over half of the worlds wealth they own North America Europe and half of the globe and have no problem paying scientists as much as they request to lie for them but they cannot bribe every scientist and the solid descent ones will tell you that thoughs selling evolution are fool of crap !
But they do paint a very good picture and if sounds good and it even seems to make sense but thats because it is fabricated to seem this way ! The whole world is under a deception that of enormously powerful a per portions and it's and it is on an un imaginable scale but what iam telling u is true the whole damn world is upside down right now because of it !
& JFK ACTUALLY WARNED US OF IT RIGHT BEFORE HIS HEAD WAS BLOWN OFF THERES ACTUALLY STILL VIDEO OF HIS SPEECH WARNING AMERICA OF THIS EXTREME HLOBAL TYRANNY I KNOW ITS NOT EASY I UNDERSTAND THAT AND IT DOESNT PROVEVTHAT THE BIBLE IS REAL BUT YOU ARE INDEED INDOCTRINATED TO THE EXTREME MY FRIEND & all I ask is that you try to read the writing on the wall because you just like most of populous of the globe are extremely and understandably DECIEVED AND ITS NOT AT ALL YOUR FAULT !
reply to: tsingtao

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Frankie4fingaz

You know, it wouldn't hurt you if you click enter and form paragraphs.

As for your post... you summarized very nicely everything that I can't understand in Christianity. Need that everyone is sinful, even unborn babies...

We all know your Lord works (or better - does not work much as you suggest in your post) in mysterious ways...

But do you know that every year on earth 9 million kids under 5 die? How do you defend God not doing anything for 'his children'?

In my opinion, that part about 'eternal life'... do you really like to live forever? You will never get bored?

originally posted by: Frankie4fingaz
Indoctrinated I know from experience that you are the one who is indoctrinated. You see I was once a dedicated atheist and a very close follower of Richard Dawkins & the god delusion was one of my faves but God revealed himself to me and I've come to realize that yes religion in it's most extreme form is screwed up and I do believe it is indeed dangerous big it's not at all rdligiouz to believe in Christ. See religion is defined by man working his way to God which opposite to the message of Christ as Christ works Hus way to man.

I doubt you are telling the truth regarding you being an atheist. But just for fun, please explain 'revelation' you 'experienced'.

Somehow your posts are not making much sense....

edit on 18-6-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Wow I've never heard anyone take anything more far out of context than you Lol your a weirdo dude !a reply to: peter vlar

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ok whatever you want to say I don't see what doesn't make sense it's all on plain English beside my obvious typos and since it's just for fun I don't owe you an explanation of my experience and I really couldn't possibly care less what you doubt Obviously a doubter of everything and I can't say can blame you but you can doubt all you want guy like I said God doesn't need me to be His defender, and ivd already said all I needed to say so have fun with all of your doubts and such, I kinda gotta a life to live so I'm gonna go ahead and let you get back to all your doubting you have to do today GOODBYE. LOL .a reply to: SuperFrog

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Frankie4fingaz
Wow I've never heard anyone take anything more far out of context than you Lol your a weirdo dude !a reply to: peter vlar

How is it even remotely out of context? I quoted a poster who claims god doesn't lie. I found multiple instances where god lies. Seems pretty in context to me. Ways weird about it? That I used grammar and spelling in order to be concise?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join