It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reflections of Fathers Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Its been some years since my father had passed, needless to say I was not there for him in his final moments, over the years I have always thought of things that he has done, even though I was never around, I was traveling the world and for 20 years I did not see the man, but the last ten years of his life I got to know him a lot better. I guess when you are young and full of energy a day like father’s day is just another day to you, now I know how my father felt, sure it’s just a day but to him it meant a little more than that.

I now know the feeling, being a father I reflect back when my kids were born and all the things I have done or sacrificed for my kids so they will be better off than I, but my thoughts keep going back to my father.

So to all you fathers out there, if your kids or spouse have forgotten this day, I say Happy Fathers Day to all of you, sit down and reflect back for yourself and remember your father.

This song is for you.

edit on 15-6-2014 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Professional father here, I had 6 kids.
On this day, I would just like to kick back and enjoy the day with an endless cup of coffee, my dogs, maybe a good book(today's is a storm of swords), maybe some spirits later on and maybe some friends and maybe the wife too!
Kids are not needed on this day, they have a lot on their plate and I am done spending cash on them for the most part.
Soon they will be parents themselves.
In short, I try not to practice the invented holidays, they do give me the "this is my day, leave me to it" excuse though.
Please no cheap cards for me, I know how you feel already..

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have 7 kids and.....just kidding I'm only 17
Happy fathers day to all the dad's out there.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

One of the best songs of all time... and one of my favorites.

You are right, we often don't appreciate our dads until we get older and can see all they sacricficed and have done for us. It's not an easy job.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
My Dad passed away 7 yrs ago. I still think of you Dad and love you with all my heart.

Happy Father's Day to all our Fathers out there!!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Happy fathers day to all the dads .

Like you OP my dad isn't here no more , my kids are to young to really understand what day it is .

So to remember my dad I will go for a long ride on my motorbike ( we both loved motorbikes) and reflect on days past and of things to come .

For my self I will put on my old bad religion hoodie and go chase around the goers around the city this fine sunday morning .

Hope all of you dads take a little time to do something you enjoy ... Have a great day dads .

new topics

top topics

join