It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to Prepare Children for NWO, Chaos, WWIII, Coming Traumas--a Brainstorming, Problem Solving Disc

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I should probably clarify. While my son is on an autism-spectrum from a school perspective he has no diagnosis. What I was actually alluding to (not very well) and trying to make a connection to was the new reports out about how 50% of children will be autistic by 2025.
It is like everything we need to be to survive and persevere is being shed generation by generation...which is something we all already knew I guess.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: awakendhybrid

I somehow got some of that drift from what you'd said.

I agree with you. It is as though the survivability and robustness of our created nature is being squashed, squeezed, shredded and otherwise diminished and trashed every way possible by the forces of hell and their human assistants.

Whether it's chemicals in our food and air and water . . . or tyrannies in the educational, governmental and media institutions . . . . it's rampant.

I just have such a passion for children of every age . . . they deserve every benefit to become all they can be . . . and to enhance their survival, not minimize and hamper it.

You sound like a very perceptive and caring mother. I'm sure you'll give your son every leg-up you can give him. What more can anyone ask.

Blessings,

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

That's fair enough i just think the thread would reap more and better results if you weren't just seeking opinions from people who believe in your Almighty God.

I wasn't attacking you or your beliefs in any way, I hope you understand that. People can believe whatever they like in my book, if that's the source of their hope, good for them...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

I was careful in my wording. I'm NOT seeking only perspectives that conform to mine.

I deliberately cast a wide net without forsaking my own perspective and without pretending that my perspective was something shameful or to be hidden. Sheesh.

This thread was totally positive and affirming of all who posted . . . until the whiney post about religion cropped up.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Interesting topic. How to handle such matters can be difficult these days, especially since we can't all prepare some sort of bunker or something. Most people will have to simply deal with the problems. As a Christian, I expect to miss the worst of it, but that isn't 100% guaranteed, so preparation isn't a bad thing.

Teaching children to have a strong faith is the #1 priority for me. I can't imagine, either, how anyone manages without that. Children strong in faith will have more than their own strength upon which to rely when bad times come.

Making sure that children can think for themselves is vital as well. That is against what we see in the schools these days, where individual ideas are quashed and treated as "wrong".

Basic techniques in essential skills are a good plan, for anyone. How to locate and gather food, how to obtain drinkable water, how to make shelter, good self-defense; all these need to be learned.

I agree that teaching delayed gratification, tolerance for pain/discomfort and frustration, and endurance are good as well. Kids should not be taught to expect instant gratification, and too many are these days.

Teaching them not to be blind followers of trends is good as well. I love the fact that none of mine seem to care about organized sports, which I see as seriously detrimental in many ways.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
how about trying to teach them at an early age how to get along, without trying to bring misery onto others. how about trying to work things out among the (supposed) adults to show our kids it can be done. how about trying to trust each other by compromising for the betterment of those around you.....
in the west, most of our children already have shelter, food, water....why can't we build from there, instead of starting from the bottom again living like barbarians....look at the middle east, is that how you want to live?....is that the destiny you want your kids to have for the next thousand years?

The OP isn't saying he wants things to go that route; only that he wants to discuss how to prepare our children if things DO go that route.

From what I have seen, a lot of people claiming to be on the "Let's get along." side are the most intolerant, angry, and violent people round.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: awakendhybrid
When my son was born I used to have all these pictures in my head of having to strap him to my back and just run and survive. I can't strap him to by back anymore, but I'd be lying if I said the images have left my head.

Coincidentally most all of those vital traits you listed for survival are some of the hardest for a child with autism to deal with.

Ah, that would be an issue. My younger nephew is very autistic, and one grandson is mildly so, and I can understand, to a degree, how that would worry you! Sounds like you are prepared to do whatever is needed, though, and that's always a plus. I know change isn't something the nephew deals with well at all.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
This thread was totally positive and affirming of all who posted . . . until the whiney post about religion cropped up.

I am surprised you find your first reply positive and affirming...

To reply to your OP btw, I don't have a set place to go if SHtF but that's because there are to many scenarios to pick just one. I have a good grasp of the area I live in, I have a lot of places i regularly forage for good already (apples, berries, shellfish, wild garlic, nettles, pears and other things) and will pass that knowledge on as my father did to me. I can also fish and am good at catching and preparing rabbits too. I also have a few friends with a similar skill set that would band together with me if things went south (we all have children). I daresay I don't take this prepping as serious as some out there but (IMHO) the way the world is today it's naive not to have some kind of plan at the back of your mind...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

*snip*

But mostly, I'd probably have to fall back on my utter dependence on God to undertake HIS great empathy and help for me and for my son in all circumstances now and whenever; then and whatever.

The PROMISE of Daddy, is that HE won't put on us more than we can, with His help, bear. Though it seems like He sure crowds the limits at times.

That He does, but we are stronger as a result. The best swords are made in the hottest fire, after all.

I do believe God keeps a closer eye on those that need Him more, too. The helpless ones are never out of His sight.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Evidently the person I was replying to understood my response far better than you did. They enjoyed it and laughed.

Yes. The humor was affirming.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

. . . How to handle such matters can be difficult these days, especially since we can't all prepare some sort of bunker or something. Most people will have to simply deal with the problems. As a Christian, I expect to miss the worst of it, but that isn't 100% guaranteed, so preparation isn't a bad thing.

WELL PUT. INDEED. THX.

Teaching children to have a strong faith is the #1 priority for me. I can't imagine, either, how anyone manages without that. Children strong in faith will have more than their own strength upon which to rely when bad times come.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED. I expect to hear in Heaven of 3-6 year old children declaring things by Holy Spirit and seeing an evil general and his whole army be swallowed up by the earth.

Making sure that children can think for themselves is vital as well. That is against what we see in the schools these days, where individual ideas are quashed and treated as "wrong".

ABSOLUTELY.

Thinking of any kind is being eradicated as fast as possible by the jerk stooges from hell.

Basic techniques in essential skills are a good plan, for anyone. How to locate and gather food, how to obtain drinkable water, how to make shelter, good self-defense; all these need to be learned.

Certainly one loses nothing and potentially gains enormously from such training and prepping.

I agree that teaching delayed gratification, tolerance for pain/discomfort and frustration, and endurance are good as well. Kids should not be taught to expect instant gratification, and too many are these days.

And that instant gratification substitutes for that which they desperately long for--Daddy's affirmation and love . . . and a connection with their Heavenly Father.

Teaching them not to be blind followers of trends is good as well. I love the fact that none of mine seem to care about organized sports, which I see as seriously detrimental in many ways.

FOR SURE. MINDLESS GROUP THINK is deadly.

Thx tons for your wise responses.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The OP isn't saying he wants things to go that route; only that he wants to discuss how to prepare our children if things DO go that route.

From what I have seen, a lot of people claiming to be on the "Let's get along." side are the most intolerant, angry, and violent people round.

INDEED. Their 'tolerance' is sub-atomically thin.

Threaten their rebellion, their hedonism, their willful stubbornness or their arrogance and watch the claws and fangs come out.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Sounds like you've done a good job of prepping and training your kids.

CONGRATS.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I've been encouraged of narratives of folks who've died temporarily and visited Heaven in the process . . .

They have related many narratives of children who have died tragically . . . about how the child didn't feel the pain of their horrific death . . . and about how the child immediately forgave any perpetrators involved and considers it now nothing of any consequence other than to deliver them immediately into God's arms.

That's very comforting to me as I contemplate the horrors awaiting mankind on the near horizon.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

WELL PUT. INDEED. THX.

Any time! As a parent, it's a real concern for me. The thing that makes me not worry is that I KNOW God provides for us. /I have seen that so many times, in so many ways. I will trust Him in the days to come. We'll do what we can, and trust what we can't to God.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED. I expect to hear in Heaven of 3-6 year old children declaring things by Holy Spirit and seeing an evil general and his whole army be swallowed up by the earth.

Now that would be something! Small children can have the most beautiful faith. Really, unless taught otherwise, children know of the reality of God.

ABSOLUTELY.

Thinking of any kind is being eradicated as fast as possible by the jerk stooges from hell.

Thinking is an enemy to their methods of control. Ironic, isn't it, since the enemy is the one that pushed open knowledge in the first place?

Certainly one loses nothing and potentially gains enormously from such training and prepping.

Exactly! some of the help God gives us in our abilities.

And that instant gratification substitutes for that which they desperately long for--Daddy's affirmation and love . . . and a connection with their Heavenly Father.

And that's the crux of the whole issue, isn't it? The world is filled with people with a huge hole inside, that only He can fill, and so many look anywhere and everywhere else for some other solution. They are so busy avoiding personal responsibility that they reject grace.

FOR SURE. MINDLESS GROUP THINK is deadly.

Thx tons for your wise responses.

That it is. Most welcome.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

INDEED. Their 'tolerance' is sub-atomically thin.

Threaten their rebellion, their hedonism, their willful stubbornness or their arrogance and watch the claws and fangs come out.

Oh, yes, and we see that virtually anywhere online, when discussing any controversial issue. Even the most well moderated sites have a lot of that, and it seems as though much of it is ignored. I have seen supposedly "Conservative" news pages allow comments to remain that were quite nasty and hateful.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I've been encouraged of narratives of folks who've died temporarily and visited Heaven in the process . . .

They have related many narratives of children who have died tragically . . . about how the child didn't feel the pain of their horrific death . . . and about how the child immediately forgave any perpetrators involved and considers it now nothing of any consequence other than to deliver them immediately into God's arms.

That's very comforting to me as I contemplate the horrors awaiting mankind on the near horizon.

I go to church with someone in that group. Not a lot of details, but he did state it was such a good place he didn't want to come back.

Children can be amazing! Stories like that make it so much harder to understand why some are so willing to corrupt the minds of young children, and teach them violence and hate. Once a child really knows their Savior, though, they don't leave that.

Good message there; our concern should be for reaching the lost, even when they are horrid. It's not easy, but if we rely on His strength, we can manage. Always a good reminder!

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Bonding sufficiently with children such that the number and quality of

"TEACHABLE MOMENTS"

are greatly increased is such a huge priority.

And, I agree with your many well made points. Thanks for you kind posts.

posted on Jun, 19 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
A very interesting thread, I have to admit one of the things that worries me about surviving a post apocalyptic world, is being stuck in a society that reverts to the bible as a manual for how to live.
i have a daughter and being a woman myself i cant imagine that it would be a very welcoming place.
I know religious individduals can be lovely on there own, but i'm not sure how modern women and girls would flourish in a society based on the bible. Makes me think of those films where people survive but they live in fear of the society they survive in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join