It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Blair: 'We didn't cause Iraq crisis'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

The 2003 invasion of Iraq is not to blame for the violent insurgency now gripping the country, former UK prime minister Tony Blair has said.

BBC source

Really? Really?

This smiley faced moron should STFU!

Cause its HIS fault and Bushs

He needs to man up and take responsibility.

He also called for some form of intervention in Syria, warning that inaction would result in a threat to UK soil.

Again really?

How many Aircraft carries does Iraq have? Whats it projection capability ? O thats right NONE

O of cause it has those phantom WMD's ! I bet they are stockpiled under guard by magic unicorns and fairy's just waiting to reappear!
edit on 15-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
haha..

blame game right?

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Their "fault" lies in believing you can bring "democracy" to people who don't want that.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Who cares let them kill eachother rather than us.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
haha..

blame game right?

Its a politician favorite game!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
According to Tony BLiar, the solution to solving Iraq's problems was by carpet bombing Syria back to stone age. LOL utterly insane!!!

Tony BLiar is part of a Middle East convoy that mostly visits israel to discuss 'peace'. Basically israel pays him for being a warmonger and to create more internal conflicts in Middle East.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Complete poppycock,but what else should we expect from that dark soul?

He cannot possibly not know the FACT that isis are a direct result of the 2003 Iraq invasion.
They were created in the aftermath of the invasion,in Iraq to fight the US and UK occupiers,and to reestablish a caliphate.
They are led by an Iraqi from Samarra.

They would not have come to exist if we hadn't illegally invaded Iraq.

Don't tell me TB does not know this.
Trying to cover your guily conscience TB?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: forklift
According to Tony BLiar, the solution to solving Iraq's problems was by carpet bombing Syria back to stone age. LOL utterly insane!!!

Wow he really did spend too much time with his neo con Americans friends.

What the solution to any problem : BOMB IT! DUH! MERIKA!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

Trying to cover your guily conscience TB?

Trying to cover guilty conscience is one thing, but to advocate further wars, death and destruction to cover ones guilty conscience is completely insane.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

"The 2003 invasion of Iraq is not to blame for the violent insurgency now gripping the country, former UK prime minister Tony Blair has said."

on the contrary to the logic of Blair...

He & Bush conspired to remove Saddam Hussein... the powerful, henchman 'Dictator' who kept the various sects & factions from open warfare there in divided Iraq
... He had Kurds, Shia & Sunni all ready to kill one another at the drop of a hat---but for the grief & control that Saddam imposed on the population

the current ISIS & the presumed fanatical leader al-Baghdadi, who was released from confinement in 2009, is just filling the vacuum the culture is wanting, a hard nosed, lawless strongman-leader (which the puppet regime of Maliki is not)

see related info on this ISIS=ISIL Leader: www.theguardian.com...
Article title: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi: The Isis chief with the ambition to overtake al-Qaida

..Leader of Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant has $10m bounty on his head and is said to wear mask....

Another related link:
www.dailymail.co.uk... s-Iraq.html

short report that includes topical info
edit on th30140283542515302014 by St Udio because: add on article

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

I care.
I care alot.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

How Tony Blair thinks he still has credibility let alone should be listened too has me baffled.. The guy is a disgrace.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Does Cameron or Obama have any responsibility towards what is happening now?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
this is why westerners think that the people of the middle east, and specifically muslim rule, are barbaric....you give them a chance to set up their own government, settle their differences, start fresh, and they immediately revert back to the old ways of misery and brutality for their people.....the lucky ones get the hell out of there.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Typical right wing historical revisionism. Yes, Tony is right wing.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I watched him interviewed on Sky News and he seemed shifty as ever, and rather worryingly confident when he stated (paraphrase) that we will eventually have no choice but to intervene...

*Edit*

edit on 15-6-2014 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
At the risk of making an unpopular point, or two.

The removal of the brutal dictator Saddam Hussein a decade ago merely took the lid off the age-old conflict between the Sunni and Shia. Hussein had kept both sides controlled in his reign using repression, fear and all the usual tricks dictators use to keep in power.

The coalition forces (mainly US and UK) just found themselves standing between two sides of a shooting match, which is why so many people died e.g. (hint) the suicide bomber hitting a market was not after the US soldiers. See en.wikipedia.org...

ISIS is just another group of Islamic psychos wanting to kill and repress others Muslims. This lot is well funded, particularly nasty and bolstered by fighters from Syria.

You can blame Bush and Blair if you want, but you will be blaming the wrong people.

Regards

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Exactly - the point Blair is making is that this would have happened anyway and had Saddam been in charge when the Arab spring kicked off, you would have had a Syria-like War going on in Iraq as as what is happening everywhere.

I don't believe he is making excuses and whatever you believe, this has as much to do with Saudi and Qatar throwing money to extremists to promote their own versions of Sunni Islam and their geo-political tussle with Shia Iran - hence Iran's offer of assistance to Iraq as well as reports of IRG troops already in Baghdad "training" the Iraqi's.

It is far to simplistic (and dare I saw idiotic) to even try and claim that this is the fault of the US and UK.

EDIT to add: It is also worth noting that this "crisis" in Iraq is largely overblown - some 4,000 odd ISIS fighters have managed to send the Iraqi Army of many tens of thousands running. Unfortunately, this is par for the course with Arab armies - poor leadership. Had they stood their ground, they would have quite easily held their ground against a vastly outnumbered foe. ISIS have just capitalised on the Iraqi Armies incompetence.
edit on 15/6/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Put me in a room alone with tony Blair for just 5mins, I swear!... I could happily set the animal loose on that man.

He needs a pair of concrete boots.

On a side note, 7.5k in the arrest Blair kitty pot...

www.arrestblair.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Not only is Blair and the rest of the neo-cons involved alleged war criminals, the vacuum created throughout the entire region has left a breeding ground for extremist elements. IMO, this has been the plan all along, continued destabilization and chaos. This provides further reason for the U.S./NATO specifically to stay engaged and solidify it's foothold in the M.E. and Baltic states, not to mention the pivot to Asia.

Keeping the fire stoked and the heat on will provide many opportunities for U.S. or NATO forces to get involved, albeit right or wrong. Unfortunately I don't foresee the war machine stopping anytime soon. Why put troops on the ground when you have local and regional militants doing your bidding, and if they get out of hand, drone'em.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join