It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW Signal - Something new.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: fockewulf190

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

originally posted by: wlasikiewicz
a reply to: The_Seeker

Looks like the "WOW" signal is nothing more than US radio junk. Thats not good news for SETTI

I wonder how many times people like Gortex have to repeat "THIS IS NOT THE WOW SIGNAL!" before someone actually listens?

The WOW! signal was an alpha-numerical representation of the signal strength. There was no other data encoded in it.

Imagine, the signal would have been recorded and there had been data encoded within the signal. I wonder if this world would be a different place today. Air traffic controllers record 24 hours a day all transmissions made on their assigned frequencies. Too bad no one thought back then to record the hydrogen line frequency with a simple reel to reel recorder. The technology was there in 1977 and could not have been that expensive.

What would have been recorded though?

The hydrogen line, etc doesn't make a sound unless it is turned into sound.

SETI doesn't listen for sounds, it simply looks for artificial (very narrow) signals which appear as a spike. If one turned out to repeat and be coming from somewhere else in the universe THEN it would be looked at for anything which could be turned into sound or pictures or video, etc.

But all the Wow! signal would have sounded like even if they had turned it into audio would have been a short tone (carrier).

The receivers used for SETI are designed to find constant pulsed carrier signal, it would sound something like a flute tone played against the noise of a waterfall. But any rapid variation in the signal – known as modulation, or more colloquially as the “message” – can be smeared out and lost. This is because, to gain sensitivity, SETI receivers average the incoming signals for seconds or minutes.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Does anyone even read threads anymore, or is it all just blind clicking to get to the YouTube videos? There is not, never has been, and never will be, any audio associated with the 'WOW Signal'....

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Oh Gortex, Lol this thread has actually been quite funny. You explain everything and every one els just keeps going "I hear this" or "it's a secret space program". I'm sorry I found humor in it. I know how irritating it can be to give out factual information just to be covered up by rambling nonsense. I feel for you. Keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Seeker

i thought i heard washington this is double 1061 this is the one

maybe usa space program from the moon missions just a thought

edit on 17/4/2015 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
"I lost six Human beings in Delta 1061..this is the one?" when it is talking about human it is the way they said that it sounds like they are extraterrestrial but i heard 3 61 and double 10 61

posted on Apr, 8 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There is only really one response that covers most posts in this thread - WOW !

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
In 1946 a prototype starfighter type McDonnell Douglas crashed near Ohio on its first flight.
The name of this Protoype was FH-1
The Transponder number of this flight was 1061. (aeronatical code with 4 digits)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: uwewrmke
In 1946 a prototype starfighter type McDonnell Douglas crashed near Ohio on its first flight.
The name of this Protoype was FH-1
The Transponder number of this flight was 1061. (aeronatical code with 4 digits)

The year sounds about right but I was thinking the WOW signal might have been from something like the black knight Satellite?

Anyone else trace this back to 1889??
edit on 12-11-2016 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
forum.warthunder.com.../topic/264412-mcdonnell-fh-phantom/

FH1 was lost in 1946

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
New suggestion associating the signal with similar natural signals from hydrogen clouds emitted by comets.
www.popularmechanics.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join