It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW Signal - Something new.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm on the fence about a "secret space program", although it's possible. Could this be a transmission?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Wow, now this is something...

Perhaps we are hearing "OTHER" humans from colonies out in space, but the chances they speak english? Not everything works like Star Trek where all the beings they encounter happen to speak english.

I'll say Secret Space Program, maybe a moon base transmission to earth?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Nice spot on "10 61" - 10-61 instantly reminded me of police scanner codes. 10-61 can mean:

Personnel in Area, Stopping Suspicious Vehicle, Bike Theft, Miscellaneous public service.
www.radiolabs.com...
copradar.com...

The "I lost" bit at the start could clearly be connected to two of those mentioned above.

"I lost [something something] on the 10-61."

So whatever that audio clip is (don't think it's connected to wow signal in any way myself) to me it sounds like your average police scanner, which you can listen in on live at many places across the internet.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Seeker

Looks like the "WOW" signal is nothing more than US radio junk. Thats not good news for SETTI

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: wlasikiewicz

Looks like the "WOW" signal is nothing more than US radio junk. Thats not good news for SETTI

I wonder how many times people like Gortex have to repeat "THIS IS NOT THE WOW SIGNAL!" before someone actually listens?

The WOW! signal was an alpha-numerical representation of the signal strength. There was no other data encoded in it.
edit on -05:0011America/Chicago2014608xRAmerica/Chicagob by PheonixReborn because: Typo

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I have read reports of quite a few, more recent, space transmissions that even NASA said sound artifical. Here is one such report www.aol.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted
I have read reports of quite a few, more recent, space transmissions that even NASA said sound artifical. Here is one such report www.aol.co.uk...

I think that was posted a day early.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

There is a theory that humans did start life on Earth but moved out into other parts of the Galaxy a while ago, at the very least there are many who think or speak of human colonies outside of Earth's solar system. The theory is that the different planets would have a network kind of like the internet between them and that sometimes we might hear some of it.

Perhaps the pyramids are giant Network Connections from here to there, considering how they align with constellations.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
More interesting, by far, than the confusion of a recording of police radio traffic with the WoW Signal, is the observation from NICAP. They report the detection, at their MADAR station in Mt. Vernon, Indiana, of strong magnetic and background radiation anomalies that overlapped in time with the Wow Signal. This could be a coincidence, of course, but the possibility of a real connection is worth considering.
The Wow signal was extremely powerful for a signal arriving from interstellar space, 30 sigma. Its position in the sky has never been ascribed to that of any known star. Perhaps an extraterrestrial vehicle stationed itself in that position, from the viewpoint of the Ohio State University radio observatory, and emitted a signal.
Simultaneous detection, at Mt. Vernon, of radiation and magnetic anomalies caused by such a vehicle is not out of the question. There are many instances of UFOs causing such radiation and magnetic field effects.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Ross 54 because: added information

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I seem to be the only one who hears the words lost her, disappear and (something like double check safety) launch, sounds like part of the secret space program overheard.

Someone could run it by a word recognition program of some kind. ..

On August 2, 2010, I received an email from a colleague, Byron Weber. In the memo he wrote:

Both events occurred on August 15, 1977. The WOW signal was received at 11:16 pm EDST. The MADAR event occurred at 10:15 (pm or am are not specified on your site). As best as I can figure, Mt. Vernon is on CDT. Whether or not it was in 1977 I have no idea. Proposing the MADAR event occurred pm, and was CDT, then both events occurred at the same time! That's too many "if's" for a definitive assessment, but very interesting nonetheless.

In 1977 we didn't have the internet. The MADAR Project didn't even have a computer. We were not aware of, or had any data at the time in 1977, on what SETI was doing or had done. The WOW Signal story never appeared in the news until 1996!

www.nicap.org...
edit on 15-6-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: PheonixReborn

originally posted by: wlasikiewicz

I wonder how many times people like Gortex have to repeat "THIS IS NOT THE WOW SIGNAL!" before someone actually listens?

The WOW! signal was an alpha-numerical representation of the signal strength. There was no other data encoded in it.

Imagine, the signal would have been recorded and there had been data encoded within the signal. I wonder if this world would be a different place today. Air traffic controllers record 24 hours a day all transmissions made on their assigned frequencies. Too bad no one thought back then to record the hydrogen line frequency with a simple reel to reel recorder. The technology was there in 1977 and could not have been that expensive.
edit on 15-6-2014 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Majestic Lumen

Just want to jump in and say what I think it sounds like

"it hit the wall, it disappeared it disappears(or "disappeared" again) at 61"
I'm probably wrong but that's what it sounded like to me

Ah someone how hears disappeared also...sounds like I lost her she disappeared and then something about launch then "get ready to launch.

Funny how we all hear so differently these parts sound very clear to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
10 61
61 Cygni
edit on 15-6-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm wondering if you can take random static radio noise from space and do this? If it's just an effect from messing with the random noise then it's not impressive but if not then wow that's very creepy that human sounding voices are coming through. Maybe it was just a top secret space mission that the radio telescope happened upon? But it does sound like the old recordings of astronaughts or pilots from the 70s...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"I lost her about 7 pm, they were 10-61"

My best guess. Interesting discovery though. I would like to hear it about 3/4 speed of the most compressed version.

edit on 15-6-2014 by SouthernForkway26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I hope this finds you the message is "this is the launch of two zero double ten sixty one" and then the start of a date. For your consideration AIAA 2010-1061 is the code for a document dealing with hypersonic tunnels the most recent paper on it is enu.kz... also the following is www.dtic.mil... all of the above are used in the development of interceptor missles the wow signal may not be alien but there is something space based about it read between the lines
knight6

posted on Apr, 15 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   
So now if I want to understand WTH is going on with WOW, I have to do research on the "WOW signal". Why not add some background to what WOW is, what it means etc. I can't tell or get any clue by the OP. It gets frustrating. This is the second thread today that I have no idea what the subject is about and don't feel like doing the research. If all threads were like this, there would be zero interest in ATS. Seriously OP, why not some info? You gave so little description I had no interest in even viewing the link. It's only frustration that has caused me to respond.

How about this: By the way, the WOW signal was a radio signal detected by Jerry R. Ehman in 1977 while he was working on a SETI project. Take a listen and let me know what you think.
edit on 15-4-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
To me it sounds like it says:

"This is a loss. It did appear they were 10-16. This is a loss..."

-or-

"[...] lost. It did appear they're 10-16. This is [...]"

-or-

"[...] lost. It does appear we're 10-16. This is [...]"

Makes me think of a search party transmission, responding to an SOS and looking for travelers lost in time/space.. Or the SOS itself.

A 10-16 in jeeper cb speak is a pickup location.. so it's like they're saying:

"They're lost. It does appear they were at the pickup location. They're lost..."

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
On the recording, at 7:18, the first two itterations sound "10-61", the third sounds like "10-16". He's tweaked sometihng by the 3rd itteration and it changes how the numbers sound..

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: The_Seeker
a reply to: gortex
Well that is rather disappointing.

yeah but nowadays we should be able to build an alogrithym using the numbers to reconstruct what would have resulted in those numbers. heck we can figure out what a number of extinct critters sounded like from mathematically analyzing their relevant bone structure and body posture. in this case we should have specs for the equipment and any programming it had. interpolation should be possible.

Look chances are it wasn't a deliberate transmission by an intelligent alien civilization. It was probably a transient atmospheric effect or a transient burst from an astronomical phenomenon. but it could have been. or it could have been an accidental transmission from a alien star drive. Many of the theoretical space drives we have come up with so far would generate a burst of energy on entrance or exit from normal space.

edit on 16-4-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-4-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join