It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW Signal - Something new.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I was just wandering around looking for a good recording of the WOW Signal and came across user Jožo Mrkva, and his Youtube video of "WOW" signal decoded (maybe).
I find it highly interesting, and wonder why no one thought to do this prior to Jozo? I do hear what is being said. I will not divulge my opinions until others have heard it as I don't want to influence this in any way, I will post my own interpretation later. But its rather interesting, and if cleaned up more - I am sure that we could hear clearer what is going on at the beginning and what are the last few words are said.
For your investigation:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: The_Seeker

Well.... it doesn't sound alien lol, which was kind of expected anyway to be honest. I can't make out what is said first, but I can make out the second half. I'll wait until you're ready to reveal what you think it says before I say anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I couldn't make anything certain out of it.
Anyone want to tell me what they think they heard. I am tired of listening to the sound clip now.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

This is the Wow signal , 6EQUJ5 , there is no audio recording of it.

edit on 15-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I heard garbbled voices at the start, then 'Its 7pm at double 10 61', then some unintelligible after that. I think the last bit is the key.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
To me and my untrained ears it sounds like a garbled radio transmission from a pilot speaking to a tower. I heard nothing that made me "scaried" or that would make me think of aliens. Just a garbled transmission that could be caused by the close proximity between the pilot and the antenna array.

It was interesting though and thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex. I just did some research and it looks like your correct. What is the recording that they keep playing to us then?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

A lot of intuitive people might not be able to make it through the ranks to get to the top where they would have access to try this sort of thing - and a lot might think about it and be afraid to bring it up, and some might even try things like it out secretly and discuss it anonymously on internet forums.

Putting that aside, I'm an audio engineer - I love Fruity Loops, the program he is using - that is crazy, he definitely just sped it up there ... and then maybe did some tone fixing... and then noise reduction.

The best thing would be for me to try it out myself with the original signal, right?

There is a theory that humans did start life on Earth but moved out into other parts of the Galaxy a while ago, at the very least there are many who think or speak of human colonies outside of Earth's solar system. The theory is that the different planets would have a network kind of like the internet between them and that sometimes we might hear some of it.
edit on 15amSun, 15 Jun 2014 05:38:01 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

The best thing would be for me to try it out myself with the original signal, right?

Sure if the original signal had been recorded but it wasn't , although there was the capability to record it the operator wasn't at his desk when the signal was received so all we have is the numbers.

edit on 15-6-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex
Well that is rather disappointing.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   

What is the recording that they keep playing to us then?

It seems the audio is of the MADAR Event 1977.

At the MADAR Station in Mt. Vernon (15 mi. w. of Evansville), Indiana The TERS audio E15M you are about to see/hear has law enforcement and selected aircraft communications being recorded in the room with the MADAR equipment. The sensor movements, in buzzing pulses, begin and is then covered-up by the radio transmissions at times. The WOW signal at Delaware, Ohio was received by SETI at 11:16 pm EDST. At the same time, over 300 miles away at Mt. Vernon, this was occurring:
www.nicap.org...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Anyone want to tell me what they think they heard. I am tired of listening to the sound clip now.

"I lost six Human beings in Delta 1061..this is the one?" That's what i hear.

American accent...possibly radio LDE (Long delay Echo) phenomena?

Could the WOW signal be evidence of a secret and very advanced (read: Sci-Fi advanced) American space programme, or the radio echo of an ordinary Terrestrial radio broadcast, portions of the radio signal being picked up after bouncing around the Ionosphere for some time? If so though..why would the speaker with the American accent say Human beings, and not people, or men, or men and women etc?

The 1420Mhz band is banned for use...but perhaps it is really banned for use simply because this is the frequency a secret space programme uses?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Just want to jump in and say what I think it sounds like

"it hit the wall, it disappeared it disappears(or "disappeared" again) at 61"
I'm probably wrong but that's what it sounded like to me

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

And what do those numbers mean?

Aren't they numerical data that represents the audio?

IOW, the numbers can be used to extrapolate the signal and thus what was actually recieved. The same way a piece of music can be turned into numbers or a numerical sequence and then used to reencode the original piece of music completely intact..or not?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

And what do those numbers mean?

The numbers describe the signal data they are not an encoding of the signal itself.

The series “6EQUJ5″ described the strength of the received signal over a short time-span. Each number from 1 to 9 represented the signal level above the background noise. The letters represent a scale extension, with each one from A to Z representing increasingly stronger signal levels. 6EQUJ5 represented a signal that grew in strength to level “U”, and then gradually subsided. In numeric terms, the signal increased from zero to level 30 “sigmas” above the background noise, and then decreased again to zero.
www.armaghplanet.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Pretty sure that says
"This is on - 17 on the double 10 61, they say it's on"

hmmm

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I say its delayed radio interference. Either a numbers station or possibly spy satellites communications. Could be a"covert" space program. Definitely not alien because it was in American English. I think the transmission just was bounced out into space then somehow bounced back to Earth. Some freaky phenomenon like that. But I'm disappointed, because it is not possible to be alien at all.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There was never any audio recording devices connected. It was a constant printout of signal strengths, duration, and amplitude. There was nothing there to monitor the audio

Quote from the "Big Ear" observatory

Q:I would like to obtain an audio tape of the "Wow!" signal. Can you provide that to me?

A:At the time Big Ear recorded the radio signal that later became known as the "Wow!" signal (based on the notation that Dr. Jerry Ehman wrote in the margin of the computer printout), there was no audio recording equipment attached to the output of that radio telescope. Hence, it is impossible to provide an audio tape of that signal.

All we have is computer print out of signal/strength/amplitude/etc
edit on 6/15/2014 by Cito because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That signal was decoded ages ago. It's literal translation is "All your bases are belong to us".

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join