It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence, if not proof, that life is no accident.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
The famous double slit experiment:

Since the past is inferable and can be known, it has always been knowable. Since it has always been knowable, life has been inevitable since the beginning of the universe.

So since I had breakfast yesterday, I know I had breakfast yesterday, and I will always know I had breakfast yesterday, life has been having breakfast since the "Big Bang"?

Pass the Bong Water.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

That's way too many assumptions... Just because the past existed and can be verified through evidence, doesn't mean we can understand the precursor of that initial event, launching the big bang into action. There are too many unknowns about this reality. First of all, the idea that this existence is just a mere illusion has some merit to it. A 3rd dimensional being cannot understand a 4th dimensional perspective, anymore then a 2D object could understand a sphere... The fact that our reality breaks down at the sub-atomic level, I think, is good evidence that there's a veil we cannot see past.

Also take into account apparitions and other strange phenomenon that we have no explanation for. Clearly there's something more going on then meets the eye, even to a realist. Let's also take into account the idea that life, in all of its complexity springing out of nothing... I don't care who you are, that just doesn't make sense. There is no evidence of life springing out of nothing. I know the normal arguments: "But it takes billions of years". Given an infinite amount of time, there are infinite possibilities, but the earth isn't actually that old in the grand scheme of things. The symbiosis alone on this planet, with it's incredible diversity and harmony, is against so many incredible odds, it's unfathomable. So in mind, there is another force at work. I call it a Creator.

I understand the atheist argument, that it's easier to believe in a natural process then a supernatural one, but evidence on earth suggests otherwise, given each civilizations history and track record with Gods, UFO's, and supernatural phenomenon that just can't be explained.

That's my two cents. Too many unknowns and your theory assumes too much.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

originally posted by: smithjustinb
The famous double slit experiment:

Since the past is inferable and can be known, it has always been knowable. Since it has always been knowable, life has been inevitable since the beginning of the universe.

So since I had breakfast yesterday, I know I had breakfast yesterday, and I will always know I had breakfast yesterday, life has been having breakfast since the "Big Bang"?

Pass the Bong Water.

If something is unknowable, it goes through one slit, the other slit, and both slits simultaneously. It interferes with itself, and the result is an interference pattern. It is completely unpredictable and abstract. Since the past can be known, the past didn't exist in this superposition. Because the ability to know something is what causes the collapse into either one slit or the other.

The past was formed through a series of logical cause and effect scenarios that we can infer and follow through a line of mathematical information to where we can create a model of the universe's history. Had the past existed in superposition, at any point after the big bang, we would not be able to infer to the big bang. The information would be lost completely and we couldn't look beyond the gap of unknowable information.

The ability to know is what causes the collapse into a defined state rather than an interference pattern of abstraction. So since we can know everything up to the big bang, that means that it has always been collapsed and logically inferable and knowable. That means that life was inevitable from the beginning.

If at any point, the universe didn't collapse into a certainty, all of the previous information would have been lost to us and we wouldn't see back past the interference pattern of unknowability.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
OMG, Big Bang is a THEORY. And there are holes in it, big ones you can drive a semi through.

Majority rule doesnt count in this. Guy points at crowd, "I'm with stupid over there!"

Selective evidence to prove a fact isn't science.

Here is my view, digital reality, streams of information. All those possibilities are data. We render it, out of the streams. Reality is rendered and in a profound larger and more advanced way than our concepts of computers, digital.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The past would exist, as its already been rendered. There is an outline that is already there. Not that time is necessarily linear, but the "photos" are always there making that digital reality I think we're in, like a movie, a dvd that never goes away.

Lets put a scenario in ie time travel, if a black op could time travel and kill his own grandfather, would he still exist. Yes, in the real time, because he can't alter the real time he's in, rendered. But thats not to say in time travel that you aren't temporarily participating in an alternative rendered reality or rendering another reality that isn't real yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join