It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Call the Terrorists ISIL, Not ISIS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Of course it’s no big thing in a name but symbolism counts for something and I believe we should all honor what people hold sacred… Just a request.

Why, because the Holy name of the Goddess ISIS shouldn’t be tainted by these barbarians who are the farthest thing from Muslims ( ONE’S OF PEACE WHO SUBMIT TO GOD) imaginable.

These degenerate barbarians should be isolated by the half sane world and done away with.

I call the world “half sane” simply because there are many in this world that have empowered these type barbarians but are now claiming to be above them yet their actions have allowed such evil to exist.

To the main point. I am not a follower of the Ancient Egyptian religion but I do try to honor all religious perspectives, as such these terrorist, who besides defaming one of our greatest religions, Islam, is unfortunately also tainting the name of the honored Egyptian Goddess Isis who many in the world, despite the ancient origin of this name, still honor and maybe worship this divine essence.

So I would request all to label these horrible savages who are murdering Muslims, Christians and any others who don’t adhere to their psychotic ideology, ISIL or something else other than ISIS. (Actually they are evil and the correct appellation for them is Devil (Shaitan) or antichrist.)

For that reason alone what’s left of the “civilized” world should unite to stop this plaque on humanity…and call them what they truly are.

edit on 14-6-2014 by Willtell because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You raise a decent point...Although I imagine some Sunni terrorists aren't favoring an Egyptian name from deep history,..who knows?

What DO we call these guys tho? Really, in a true and real sense..is it ISIS or ISIL?

ISIS or ISIL?

This article starts out with ISIL and breaks down at the start what it stands for. Then, with absolutely no transition or explanation I could see, it moves right to ISIS in the next paragraph from having JUST used ISIL.

Hmm... Now I really am bothered. Qaddafi, or Gaddafi, or whatever his spelling was..was bad enough! These guys must have one of the two..right? Not both?

-One confused bunny

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I don't know if you have ever watched the show Archer, but it is one of my favorites, and they are part of a CIA style organization called ISIS. So that kind of ruined it for me too

I say we just call them d0uche$ instead

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Interesting points.

Also it seems strange that a Sunni group would name itself after a pagan appellation…?

Of course if there is some chicanery here…such as ISIL or ISIS is a rump fake concoction of some intelligence creeps…then the name ISIS makes sense, they don’t care about associations with pagans. A real Sunni group would.

Also a mild synchronicity here, as your article refers to them as originally called ISI.

Of course we know what that group did, has done, and if these names mean anything, may still be doing!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
"Isis" stands for the 'Islamic State of Iraq and Syria'. It has nothing to do with mythology.

When I googled the name I was surprised at just how many companies and organizations use the acronym Isis.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There is nothing holy about isis. just look at what she is diong in iraq right now. Your support of her is helping them in there war.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The real terrorists arent exactly who you think they are.
I'd just like to get that one sorted.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You could call them by their true leader's demonic name. Oh wait, you don't know who he is yet.

nvm.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: minusinfinity

We all know what it means. I’m merely offering a symbolic attempt to disassociate a Goddess’ name usually associated with good from the barbarians. It’s a symbolic gesture not any literal attempt to influence objective reality.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Their propaganda videos say two different names:
ISIS - Islamic State of Iraq and Sham
ISIL - Islamic State of Iraq and Lamont

If people, tribes pledge allegiance to the new state, then they are allowed to be "free" within captured lands.
A Saudi-style line-up of elders saying allegance and shaking the hand of the leader occurs.

I saw one YT comment to this video that Saudi money is funding their equipment, arms.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

ISIL - Islamic State of Iraq and Lamont

I think it is "Levant", the ancient name for the Eastern coast of the Mediterranean. (Source for the name "Lebanon")

Lamont is Fred Sanford's kid.

Definitely a trouble-maker, but no terrorist war-lord.
edit on 14-6-2014 by tovenar because: you need to know

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Umm...

These folks do not call themselves ISIS or ISIL as that would be the English translation. The closest transliteration would be Daesh.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Iraqi and Syrian Islamic Fighters

ISIF

When in all honesty they are a mixture of Saudi, Somali, Yemeni, Iraqi, Lebanese and Syrian fighters.

the line on the map between Syria and Iraq will probably disappear soon!
edit on pm943308142014-06-14T21:43:27-05:00092014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem

I don't know if you have ever watched the show Archer, but it is one of my favorites, and they are part of a CIA style organization called ISIS. So that kind of ruined it for me too

I say we just call them d0uche$ instead

Exactly! When I first started seeing news reports about ISIS, I thought "Wow, Mallory. Seige warfare with Bagdhad? Fairly classic you."

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: minusinfinity

We all know what it means. I’m merely offering a symbolic attempt to disassociate a Goddess’ name usually associated with good from the barbarians. It’s a symbolic gesture not any literal attempt to influence objective reality.

I know the terrorists as ISIS. That is the way it's staying with me. Not once have I thought of an ancient Egyptian Goddess when I come across the extremist organisation is Syria and Iraq. This really isn't a big deal bro.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Is interesting that the militants terrorist, call themselves ISIL, but they claim to be Iraqi nationals from the former Saddam regime trying to take back their country from the US supported pupped government.

This kind of make things a bit fuzzy when it comes taking sides, right? after all it was many people in the US, me included that were not in favor of what the US was doing in Iraq after they "dethrone Saddam", we all knew that after Saddam no ruler will have a strong hold on the country's many factions, no wonder the US government wanted to divide the country into regions as one of the few choices in order to keep better control.

We the people were also outrage at the possibility.

Oh, well, our government broke Iraq now is for the taking.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

You say tomato he says tomato, I say kill as many as you possibly can and remove them like vermin. Tell them about the video Wrabbit they are ruthless disturbing people that create carnage and death as they go town to town. They kill as effortlessly as I would drink a glass of water, and this is why we have a military.When seeing this in video you could never pay our military enough or treat them well enough to have to deal with people like this, if the term people even works. Thank God for our people in uniform.

edit on 15-6-2014 by MarlinGrace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Strange how ISIS was a God.............

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You could call them Muslims on a Jihad
Would that work for ya?

Muslims killing muslims, the religion of peace...in pieces
Sounds good

Of course I'm not totally biased, there were Catholics in Germany fighting Catholics from all across the world seventy years ago

x

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Oh come on. These guys love the names they choose. It has to be a cia guy choosing. Someone witha sense of humor. How about the Moro Islamic Liberation Front ? MILF, i mean come on. This to me is obvious its alCIAduh. If not the moro got the worst of it in the acronym dep, imoa reply to: Willtell

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join