It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your honest opinion of "Daily Bread"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have a sample coming of the food from this site dailybread.com and just wondered if any of you folks have purchased anything from them. If so, what is your honest opinion of the food or items purchased?

I'm a bit torn about ordering from them. I like the idea of it, but the #10 can thing throws me off.....

Thank you !

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry cant help .. out here raise my own .. gather from the jungle and fish ..
The others should be able to answer that for you ..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

A #10 can throws you off??? That's kind of a strange thing to be thrown off by. Most all long-term food storage companies use them, most often nitrogen packed for a long shelf life. This company is pretty par for the course, it looks like. There are lots of companies that do this. If you're uncomfortable, shop around first and do some comparisons. Standard Operating Procedure.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler
A #10 can throws me off because they are not very portable. Good fall back for a shelter in place food shortage scenario, but not so much for a bug out situation. Was just wondering if anyone has actually ordered from this company and if so, what the food actually tastes like and if it's feasible to repack into more portable means.

I have shopped around, and keep coming around to this company.

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jusvistn

you mention portable,so your looking for SHTF food,right? Not a supply of,"I got snowed in for a week" type food.I have tried some of the bagged type hiking stuff,it was ok,nothing special tho.Not 6 bucks a bag good tho! I agree with the #10 can issue...once you open it,you better eat it fast.And 25 bucks for 10 servings is a bit too much too.While you won't get the variety,I'd prefer canned food,soup can size,of soups,ravioli,whatever,and rotate it .A lot cheaper,easy to find,and you can try different brands to find the best flavor.As far as shelf life,a soup can will last a few yrs under good storage conditions.They advertise 20-25 yrs,but thats in dry cool conditions,ie no humidity to rust the can,80 degrees or less,so on.And the storage issue is a big bummer,a few cases of food you may never eat taking up space.Learn to home can,get a dehydrator and a vacuum sealer,make it all yourself! Go to Goodwill for a dehydrator for 10-20 bucks,a seal a meal for 10,and buy a good pressure canner,not a cooker,and your set for anything!

new topics

top topics

join