It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Pissed Off Veteran Vs. Dozens of Cops

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
These guy does an amazing job at holding his own against the police. Maybe if more people where as vocal as him they would not get away with half the stuff they do. People should exercise their freedom to speech whilst they still have it..

Sgt. Shamar Thomas served in the US Marine Corps in Iraq. Upon his return to his hometown of New York City, he witnessed the police state that had been growing up around him.

The occupy movement helped to gain worldwide exposure of what the police have evolved to in the US.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

“There is no honor in hurting unarmed people! How do you sleep at night”

purp....

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
something tells me that if the guy doing the shouting wasn't 7 feet tall and built like a brick outhouse he would have been beaten to within an inch of his life.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

This video is oooold now. Been posted at ATS before.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
something tells me that if the guy doing the shouting wasn't 7 feet tall and built like a brick outhouse he would have been beaten to within an inch of his life.
Yes correct:-) They are gutless sadistic pigs!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So why doesn't he say what he wants to say without yelling, screaming and sounding aggressive?

I don't deny he has a very valid point - but his actions don't help.

He should have remained calm - would have been a better demonstration of who is the "better" person.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
If he's screaming at law enforcement, he's not angry at the right people and is hypocritical as it's no different to yelling at a soldier for performing his duty.

Fix the law, fix the problem.

Whoo boy here comes the responses...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlubberyConspiracy
If he's screaming at law enforcement, he's not angry at the right people and is hypocritical as it's no different to yelling at a soldier for performing his duty.

Nuremberg, 1945 ... over a million german soldiers were killed as a result of those trials. And their crime was, obeying their superiors.

The argument, your duty is to the people ... and you are charged with using your brain, to judge the orders of your superiors. And if you find those orders, to be not in people's interrest ... you should not follow them.

Doing ones duty, is not an excuse.

Your duty is to the people ... not to the government.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: bjarneorn

Link to the Nuremburg "million" killed number? I have never heard of those numbers and want to read up on em. Secondly I am not sure why this was even invoked since the tribunals used after WWII included judges from the United Kingdom, France and the Soviet Union - in addition to the United states.

The purpose of Law Enforcement is to protect society as a whole and not the individual.

Law Enforcement does not draft laws.
Law Enforcement does not determine guilt or innocence.
Law Enforcement does not pass down punishment.

Law Enforcement is a part of the the Executive branch and is responsible for enforcing the laws the peoples representatives drafted and approved.

While I understand your position I don't agree with it.

The phrase -
"It's not what you say but how you say it"

...comes to mind.

If someone is so pissed about what they see going on around them then maybe they should get involved and have those laws challenged / changed. Yelling at Law Enforcement does absolutely nothing to resolve what he thinks the problem is.

Get involved.
Vote.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I believe the reference made previously was to the idea of he "Nuremburg defense' which arose from the trials.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Link to the Nuremburg "million" killed number? I have never heard of those numbers and want to read up on em. Secondly I am not sure why this was even invoked since the tribunals used after WWII included judges from the United Kingdom, France and the Soviet Union - in addition to the United states.

Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court Harlan Fiske Stone called the Nuremberg trials a fraud. "(Chief U.S. prosecutor) Jackson is away conducting his high-grade lynching party in Nuremberg," he wrote. "I don't mind what he does to the Nazis, but I hate to see the pretense that he is running a court and proceeding according to common law. This is a little too sanctimonious a fraud to meet my old-fashioned ideas

Nuremburg Wiki

The purpose of Law Enforcement is to protect society as a whole and not the individual.

Is that like sacrificing the few to save the many? Heard about that in the movies, never seen a vote go to that sort of platform before...

Law Enforcement does not draft laws.

Their recommendations are paramount

Law Enforcement does not determine guilt or innocence.

Should I post all the videos I can find of police deciding guilt right there on the street?

Law Enforcement does not pass down punishment.

see above

Law Enforcement is a part of the the Executive branch and is responsible for enforcing the laws the peoples representatives drafted and approved.

With recommendations from LE

If someone is so pissed about what they see going on around them then maybe they should get involved and have those laws challenged / changed. Yelling at Law Enforcement does absolutely nothing to resolve what he thinks the problem is.

Did you just suggest that people vote instead of protest? Explain to me the last time a vote changed anything important, like say ... police behavior towards citizens.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Wow.

That is the most disturbing post I've seen in days.

You are either astronomically uninformed, or the perfect candidate for my "ATS members I will never trust" list.

The Vet in this video is a hero. I hope to see a lot more of this from US citizens.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme
So why doesn't he say what he wants to say without yelling, screaming and sounding aggressive?

He should have remained calm - would have been a better demonstration of who is the "better" person.

If he was quiet and calm, no one would've listened.

People have every right to be fuming mad over LEO's unconstitutional behaviour.

edit on 14-6-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

These are not soldiers. besides, If he went yelling like that to the mayor (he would never be allowed within shouting distance to the mayor) he would be in jail. If the mayor told the police to beat down the public when they see fit, he wouldn't be mayor. These officers are responsible for their own actions. They have a choice to use their mouth and ears or their batons. They too often chose the baton and not once did they say the mayor told them so.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
While I agree with the guy, these protests have changed nothing. It's just noise. I think it actually amuses TPTB. They LOL about it because they know it will change nothing and at the end of the day everybody will go home and back into their cages. Until arrest warrants are issued and enforced by the people, along with public trials held by the people, nothing will change with these traitors in control.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Who says whats "better" when your way has NOT worked so far?
Personality differences and the "getting one's point across" issue.
He was mad and outraged.Outraged by the bully actions of the police. Some folks yell and try to change minds... to get through to others. Its very obvious calm discourse has not worked. There are aggressive folks and non aggressive folks. The nons should recognize the usefulness of the aggs.. and the other way around, rather than demanding everyone act just like themselves to accomplish something.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Law Enforcement ........... is responsible for enforcing the laws the peoples representatives drafted and approved.
While I understand your position I don't agree with it.
The phrase -
"It's not what you say but how you say it"
...comes to mind.

Get involved.
Vote.

I see you still have a great deal of faith in our alleged representatives. His actions have absolutely nothing to do with whether
or not he is politically active. People get angry , in this case I'd suggest he made a significant impression on the boys in blue.
Many cops are former military. To be reminded by one of your own carries more weight then some bozo just yelling at you. " Get involved . Vote " How well has that been working of late ? I, for one, applaud his actions.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I have to disagree.

The only stories we hear of or make a big deal of is when cops do something extreme and unwarranted. But we rarely hear about good cops doing a good job.....and they are the majority.

I had to deal with 2 police officers last weekend (I was a witness/property owner where an incident took place) and they were pleasant to deal with and went out of their way to make a bad situation less costly for those involved.

So I think that we need to change our perception of law enforcement officers. Don't let the bad apples ruin the bunch.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Those "good cops" you speak of will side with the bad cops when accusations are flying. I see it happen all the time.

Cops practice Omerta more loyally than any criminal organization.

Until these "good" cops start standing up against bad cops, I will stand firmly behind the words...

"There are NO good cops!"

Time to wake up and do something.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

Nuremburg Wiki

Unless I somehow missed it I don't see where they talk about a million germans being killed.

Is that like sacrificing the few to save the many? Heard about that in the movies, never seen a vote go to that sort of platform before...

Its about the people actually doing something more than blaming the police and bitching.

Their recommendations are paramount

No - What the PA decides to do with the info law enforcement provides is paramount in deciding if someone is charged or not. Our reports are not based on opinions.

Should I post all the videos I can find of police deciding guilt right there on the street?

Sure - post all the videos you want. It does not change the fact that law enforcement does not determine guilt or innocence.

see above

see above

With recommendations from LE

No - read above.

Did you just suggest that people vote instead of protest? Explain to me the last time a vote changed anything important, like say ... police behavior towards citizens.

Explain to me how bitching about police and government while doing nothing beyond that is "fixing the problem". Sheriff's in the United States are elected officials and as such can be removed from office by voting.

Municipal departments, depending on state, is appointed by the elected reps on city council or they are voted in during elections.

When you see an action by law enforcement that you don't like, to you bother to research the laws that allowed the action in the first place? I constantly see people complain about rights being violated and laws being broke yet they can never provide the facts to support that claim.

People are responsible for their own actions. If people are not going to participate in government by voting and holding their elected reps accountable then they have no right to be pissed. I get tired of hearing the lazy excuses of voting changes nothing, rigged that constitutional violation this.

I have no problem with people protesting nor do I have issue with people wanting to hold law enforcement accountable. With that said the issues people are complaining about have nothing to do with law enforcement.

Change can only occur when the people decide to get involved.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople

If he was quiet and calm, no one would've listened.

Any facts to support this excuse?

originally posted by: applesthateatpeople
People have every right to be fuming mad over LEO's unconstitutional behaviour.

Unconstitutional behavior - examples please.

Yet instead of the people dealing with the branch that creates the laws, instead of he people dealing with the branch that determines guilt / innocence and punishment, people would rather bitch at the police.

Which, again, does not fix the problems you see.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join