It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Is Why You Don't Negotiate With Terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Consider the war on terror lost and fought in vain.

Quite the contrary. The "war on terror" goes exactly as planned.
It is only lost and fought in vain if you still believe the official propaganda.

So yeah, the people lost. As always.
Both our US/coalition/NATO soldiers and families, AND obviously the common people living in the ME lost.

However, the real goals (the collective interests of MIC, IMF and Big oil, aswell as the "Wolfowitz-agenda" and the "Yinon plan") are more than realized.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Oliver north should know about buying terrorist, iran contra affair, its happened already in the past but its obamas fault.

Had nothing else to bash obumer with today, hes a puppet and hes doing a damn good job for is handlers.

Dude!,

Obama has had 6 years to make it better !!!

Just Two Questions:

1. What's better?
2. What's NOT Better?

-
OPINION: Everything is ... An "UNKNOWN" State-o-Mess.

edit on 14-6-2014 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

This is about a kidnapping not obamas track record, 3 kids got kidnaped nothing with obama or gitmo.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColCurious

Quite the contrary. The "war on terror" goes exactly as planned.
It is only lost and fought in vain if you still believe the official propaganda.

If by "propaganda", you mean going to a war against a group of people that vow to destroy America and take action to fulfill their promise, then yes I believe it.

Obama decides to pull out and says, "the war is over. the war is over". Yeah, its over for him. Its over for us. Its not over for the muslim extremists. Considering the fact that we quit the war before we accomplished the mission, I'd say the past 13 years have been in vain. We'll regret it soon enough.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

It is your right to believe "they hate you for your freedom",
or that it is even possible to wage war against a tactic and a (no doubt) hateful ideology with brute force - and expect to win.

But if you choose to believe the pretexts for the wars in the sandbox, and ignore how the enemies of the West in the ME even came to be, or who really benefits from the wars and what their true goals are...
well... then I'm sorry, but you're in for alot more blowback for the actions of our western intelligence services in the region.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
There is a big difference between exchanging POW's, which the U.S. has done in EVERY war it's ever been in, and negotiating with terrorists. You cannot have it both ways. If they are enemy combatants captured on the battlefield then they are legally POW's and will be subject to release upon cessation of hostilities. If they are terrorist, then they need to have their day in court and either be convicted and sentenced or acquitted and released. We cannot simply hold people in perpetuity without charge and without rights.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GenerationGap
Those boys should not have been in israel, everybody knows it is a den of crooks and terrorists, then you have to worry about the nations that are israels victims on top of that.
Here in the US though, somehow I don't think Al CIAduh Houston chapter will do so well.
I'm not really worried about our kids.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

In Iraq:

War on terror?

The war in Iraq, went just as it was supposed to ... and this is the result.

And you can look at America, are they impeaching their president? hell no.

Is the US, taking the former president "King" George Bush and putting him on trial for crimes against the Human race? Or even just for war crimes?

You don't kidnap an American ... if you want to believe that the people of the US, still have any value as human beings ... sure ... otherwise, you do not negotiate with the US, or it's people

EVER.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vdogg
There is a big difference between exchanging POW's, which the U.S. has done in EVERY war it's ever been in, and negotiating with terrorists. You cannot have it both ways. If they are enemy combatants captured on the battlefield then they are legally POW's and will be subject to release upon cessation of hostilities. If they are terrorist, then they need to have their day in court and either be convicted and sentenced or acquitted and released. We cannot simply hold people in perpetuity without charge and without rights.

Well then, you trade like for like.

Why are we trading the ME jihadi equivalent of the Miami Heat for a third rate high school bench warmer?

Didn't we have detainees of that caliber in Gitmo to send back to them?

If that's seriously the admin's rationale for making a good trade, get them on the phone! I have a car that's falling apart, but I'd be willing to trade them even up for one of those shiny black motorcade vehicles. They better act fast ... limited time offer and all that.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It is your right to believe "they hate you for your freedom",
or that it is even possible to wage war against a tactic and a (no doubt) hateful ideology with brute force - and expect to win.

I don't believe we could ever really win. But, that doesn't mean we have to lose. These people want to destroy us and they're never going to stop. So we should be vigilant at all costs.

But if you choose to believe the pretexts for the wars in the sandbox, and ignore how the enemies of the West in the ME even came to be, or who really benefits from the wars and what their true goals are...

I'm not going to argue that there might be more than one reason for going into the Middle East. But, the attack on the WTC was what really got us over there. If there was any other agenda for going over there, it was secondary.

We're definitely not over there to boost our economy though. We've spent over 1.5 quadrillion dollars since 2001.

Cost of War
edit on 14-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You are right we didn't go over to boost our economy, we went over to pad the pockets of the private contractors and oil companies that made billions off the war while our children will be paying for it, probably even their children

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: GenerationGap

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Hmmmm wouldn't be a surprise if they start showing the video of Jihadists with the teenagers bound and gagged demanding the release of their top people.

I won't be surprised when video surfaces of their beheading when we don't grant their terms. Or if there's already video of one of them getting Daniel Pearled just to show us they are serious about killing the remaining two.

Your article claims that they were "presumed" to be kidnapped.

Do you have any real evidence that they were actually kidnapped? How do you know who "kidnapped" them or what their intentions are? For all you know, it could have been a serial killer, a human smuggling ring, or the IDF itself, or even aliens maybe. You can't make such a judgement of what happened to them when all that is known is that they simply disappeared.

And if so, how is that any worse than the dozens/hundreds of Palestinian children that Israel holds indefinitely in solitary confinement without trial?
edit on 14-6-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

yep, exactly I think smith has been hoodwinked, missing the real picture, falling in line with what they want you to think "that they went over there because of 911", and beliefs like this is what allowed this mess to happen, they rely so heavily on the blind patriots

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I think you will find that using 3 kidnappings in Israel has nothing to do with Global terrorism and their ambitions. This is just business as usual in that part of the world..

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

So leave the liars and forget about trading for them?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

[...] These people want to destroy us and they're never going to stop. So we should be vigilant at all costs. [...]

Being vigilant... does this include arming, or even training those people (who want to destroy you...), justified by / in the context of the proxy-war against Assad in Syria?
You don't see a problem here?
Because ISIL/ISIS are only that strong right now because of those circumstances...

[...]But, the attack on the WTC was what really got us over there. [...]

Ah. A believer of the officlal story.
I would like to take the opportunity and ask you this:

In your opinion, what is the connection between 9/11 (or Al Quaeda in general) and Iraq under Saddam Hussein?

Because from what I've learned since then, there are more known connections between Al Quaeda and the CIA (or your DOD - and their subcontractor MPRI), than between 9/11 and Iraq.

I'm seriously curious to know.
edit on 15-6-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So I asked where was the evidence that these teens were kidnapped, and no evidence was provided.

Turns out there's still no evidence. But that didn't stop fascist IDF forces from going door to door and arresting 80 Palestinians, including 7 members of Palestinian parliament and re-arresting some civilians that were just released from prison. Source.

Again, nobody knows what happened, and the IDF responded by arresting dozens of Palestinians after terrorizing them in their own homes, including members of government.

I'm surprised they haven't started bombing government officials by now.
edit on 15-6-2014 by Vovin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
www.nydailynews.com...

The Dawlat al-Islam network released a statement saying they took the teens hostage as revenge against Israel for killing three of its operatives in the West Bank months ago, according to a local TV report.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

[...] These people want to destroy us and they're never going to stop. So we should be vigilant at all costs. [...]

Being vigilant... does this include arming, or even training those people (who want to destroy you...), justified by / in the context of the proxy-war against Assad in Syria?
You don't see a problem here?
Because ISIL/ISIS are only that strong right now because of those circumstances...

No man. I don't agree with the decisions made by the Obama administration. He wants to pull out. He's making the war on terror another Vietnam war, only this time, our enemy will attack us again.

[...]But, the attack on the WTC was what really got us over there. [...]

Ah. A believer of the officlal story.
I would like to take the opportunity and ask you this:

In your opinion, what is the connection between 9/11 (or Al Quaeda in general) and Iraq under Saddam Hussein?

Because from what I've learned since then, there are more known connections between Al Quaeda and the CIA (or your DOD - and their subcontractor MPRI), than between 9/11 and Iraq.

I'm seriously curious to know.

As far as conspiracy theories go, the war in Iraq conspiracy lost me at, "9/11 was an inside job". So I don't know.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Ummmm...I'm just sayin...isn't this Israel's problem?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join