It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airventure Oshkosh 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just curious if any other ATSrs will be at Oshkosh this year? I for one will be. Perhaps if theres a few of us we should meet up for coffee or something one morning. I'll be camping at Camp Scholler. Anyone else?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JJRichey

I'd love to be, but with all the truck maintenance lately I can't afford the time off right now. I am planning to hit Nellis later this year though for their show.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I'm hoping to be there. I live 20 miles from there, yet have never been to it. I want to go this year.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Yep I will be there with my wife. This is one of the best air shows in the country. Love the low flying jets.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJRichey
Just curious if any other ATSrs will be at Oshkosh this year? I for one will be. Perhaps if theres a few of us we should meet up for coffee or something one morning. I'll be camping at Camp Scholler. Anyone else?

www.facebook.com...

Balls of steel?

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I have routinely gone to Oshkosh for the last 30 years but not this year. I have been a member of the EAA since 1980 and have several projects under my belt to my wife's dismay. The new technologies on display there can only be found there once a year...COOL! My wife says, that it just an excuse for me to spend more money on tools and material...lol.

I can't fly anymore but I still like to build things so Oshkosh is where I go to see new stuff. I also go to the Dayton Airshow but it's geared more to the aviation industry not the individual builder. I still like to watch the planes perform...well, as much as the FAA lets them perform.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There always an airshow going on at Nellis especially when Red Flag is going on! I think that's where the most military flying is going on right now with the exception of Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

And the best part is that there's a truck stop we can park at right next to the base. The last time we were there and Red Flag was going on we parked and watched a recovery. Good times.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
COOL!

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I wish I could.

I made it to Dayton several years ago.

Scott AFBhas cancelled theirs the past couple of years.

Please take pics and post.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The interesting thing is the different allied aircraft that you'd only see in books. I remember seeing an airplane there in the 1980's that I thought was an F86 at first but it turned out to be an Italian Fiat 91. I've seen Vulcans and Victors there as well.

If you ever get up to Oshkosh there is a museum that is worth stopping in even if you miss the convention. I was always amazed at the craftsmanship invested in the projects in there. They call these plane amateur built but I'd be the first to say there's nothing amateur in their work. The warbirds were in better shape than when they had full time mechanics caring for them.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

They had RAF Tornados there that trip, so we got to watch them land. We were going to take a few days off during the one after that one, because the Indian Su-30 MKIs were going to be there, but they canceled it because of the budget cuts.

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I thought that the F15s and F16s there were cool because they were newish then. I don't remember seeing the Tornados but I'm getting old and I can't remember what happened yesterday either...lol. We had stopped there for gas and parked on the northern transient ramp well away from all the activity.

top topics

join