It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Air Force evacuating besieged American contractors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

For what I have been reading many of this militants are left over of what once was Saddam followers and his personal guard, interestedly this people also were given the chance by the US under occupation to join the new Iraqi military and they received training by the US.

That is why they are so good at what they are doing now, they were very well trained.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
No one will do anything about his non action that has changed the world around us because he plays the peace card while country after country is being over ran. It is a snatch and grab kinda year.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Bush owns going in to Iraq.

Obama owns losing it. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah yes, tweedle dumber and tweedler dumber.

Now that the US government is 11 years in Iraq, their 10 structural warranty has expired, sorry folks, you're on your own!

It's a shame really, that people can't see that their vote for their man - gets the man.....not the agenda - which transcends presidents and political parties.
edit on 13-6-2014 by Sublimecraft because: quote bbcode

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
We should have stayed the hell out of Iraq and for that I will forever blame the Bush Dynasty and every single person that backed it. However, leaving Americans on the ground with no defense and relying on the Iraqi Air Force to evacuate them will leave the blood of any American killed solely on the hands of Obama's Administration.

I have often defended Obama as much of the hate against him has IMO been completely based on B.S. on and the "Other Thing". There were few things I wanted more than a President that did not answer every call to arms with a big stick.

However, as of late I am starting to get pissed off. His stick has been quietly much larger and in most cases much more damaging to America and the worlds perception of America than the Bushes was. He is truly making us look weak and in these times that is not good.

Iraq is in the hand of Iraq, They are who they are and have been seen shedding uniforms and running instead of fighting. They do not deserve the help of the USA past evacuating civilians in harms way. We owe them that.

You do not leave Americans in a place like Iraq without trying to get them out when they need help. If Clinton can get run out of office for getting a blow job it seems that this Administration should be run out of office for not getting in there and getting our people out!

Last chance Obama, be a man.

edit on 13-6-2014 by Mamatus because: gwammer

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

so this then, was ok?

i quote u ,,"We should have stayed the hell out of Iraq",, there was no choice.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SevenThunders

"MISSION ACCOMPLISHED"

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

so this then, was ok?

i quote u ,,"We should have stayed the hell out of Iraq",, there was no choice.

Running them out of Kuwait was not the same thing as invading Iraq. Once they cleared the border of Kuwait our "assistance" should have ended.

My fault, as I should have left my opinion of staying out of Iraq out of my response to this post. I apologize to the OP as this is not about whether or not we belonged in Iraq, it was about leaving Americans on the ground.

Please do not let this thread get detoured into anything except the issue at hand. IMO it is more important to stay focused on the need to get our people out than politics in general.

edit on 13-6-2014 by Mamatus because: fixed

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
No worries

Breaking news just now Iran has boots on the ground coming to the aid of the Iraqi government !

Meanwhile our potus is playing golf.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

no golf , is later, at a fund raiser,,,cause hey the $ comes first,, right,,

thats all they do,, is fund raise,, and there is a quota!!, or your gone,, wow Capitalism at its finest.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

no golf , is later, at a fund raiser,,,cause hey the $ comes first,, right,,

thats all they do,, is fund raise,, and there is a quota!!, or your gone,, wow Capitalism at its finest.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

What a cluster eff.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
Playing devil's advocate here: Berghdal was a soldier ... no SOLDIER left behind.

Those in Iraq are private contractors. Why should "Obama" rescue them? They knew what they could be facing in an unstable country. Their company should be getting them out.

I second this. If your in another country doing the bidding of Big Business, then it is Big Business, not the tax payers responsibility to bail you out. Amazing how some think it is the tax payers responsibility to keep bailing out Corporations and Banks.
edit on 13-6-2014 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

It's hard to say. Supposedly the contractors were just facility people preparing the base for the arrival of the F16s. Having said that, these contractors picked up the weapons their Iraqi guards abandoned and then proceeded hold off the insurgents on their own for quite some time.

From my experience with these sort of contractors, a lot of them are ex-military guys anyway, and probably know their way around the use of US manufactured weapons. Still these are American citizens. They could be the husbands and wives of your next door neighbor. For Obama to just abandon them, is appalling and should make any American's blood boil.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

I fully expect with the way things are going. Instead of tax refunds next year, we'll all be getting a prayer rug instead.

Des

More like a magic carpet that doesn't fly, that way we won't notice potholes or the high price of gas, we can just sit, ponder and chant "Obama Akbar" while the influx of Mexican illegals get free government aid, our war heros die waiting for help, and the caliphate is installed while we watch MSNBC thanking the government for everything we have.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

For Obama to just abandon them, is appalling and should make any American's blood boil.

Henry Kissinger --'Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy'

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

A lot of people doesn't understand how contractors works, specially US contractors, this people are working under Government contracts, the private companies get the money on bids with the US government, their security as Americans fall mostly on private security firms also contracted by the government, so to have the president no doing anything about this Americans is highly debatable and should be scrutinized.

We gave away 5 Terrorist for one American deserter, perhaps our Muslim sympathizer president wants the Militants in Iraq to take over the Americans hunkering down in the base in Baghdad so he can release the rest of the terrorist in Guantanamo for their release.

This days I expect everything coming for that closet Muslim in the White house.

From the source

Balad Air Force Base has been under attack since Wednesday, when ISIS rebels seized the nearby town of Tikrit, the birthplace of Saddam Hussein.

The attacking ISIS forces approached the base in trucks Wednesday and called through loudspeakers for all private security forces and Iraqi special military to leave immediately or die.

The U.S. private contractors in touch with WND reported that after hearing the broadcast, the private security forces and the Iraqi military defending the base dropped their weapons and ran.

The American contractors collected the weapons left behind and were able to hold off further immediate advances.

Read more at www.wnd.com...

By American rules when it comes to foreign nations where forces or civilians are station be by contractors or military base no one is allowed to use fire arms in any way or form without the authorization of the white house.

Remember Benghazi?

The source in the article said that the American contractors took weapons left over and used them, that is a violation of the white house rules.

I don't blame them, the President is abandoning this people.

But then again My husband told me that it was airplanes in the way to Iraq to evacuate the Americans

So who we are to believe.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
17 years in the USAF, active duty and a full time reservist... watching this train wreck unfold is galling... you don't abandon American citizens... on top of that this entire lashup is our fault... I agree with the president no boots on the ground, but good god air support, strikes on the ISIS supply lines... don't abandon these people completely. If assisting these people would cost me another year apart from my wife I am good with that... you don't break something them go meh... its on you now and walk away.

I have gone from wanting to stay military as long as possible to counting the days till my 20 year letter arrives.

As for the Kurds I don't think its a matter of the kurds making peace... its a matter of the ISIS not wanting a butt kicking so they will play nice with them.
edit on 13-6-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

However when it comes to ordinary American citizens fulfilling their contracts in Iraq, forget it.

Did the government make these people go work in a war zone? It was their choice and if anything happens to them they only have themselves to blame.

Obama actually denied them air cover and it was left to the Iraqi air force to help.

OMG it is inhumane to expect the Iraqi air force to DO THEIR JOB. We trained then gave them money and weapons they are supposed to do that.

Moreover he has helped fund and arm ISIS

No he didn't the cowards running Iraq did that. They are the ones that refused to fight them and ran like little schoolgirls. But don't let facts get in the way of your hate fest.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
17 years in the USAF, active duty and a full time reservist... watching this train wreck unfold is galling... you don't abandon American citizens...

American Citizens are being abandoned on a continuous basis in this country alone, but any policies to rectify this are met with "You are on your Own". Policies like our "Free Trade Agreements" and the continuous outsourcing of jobs to enrich Investors and the top elite in Big Business and Banking.

No one held a gun to these contractors heads. They need to take some responsibility for the position they got themselves in and call their bosses to Bail them out.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Oversea US contracting firms are funded by the US government and tax payers

So yes US government is responsible for their wellbeing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join