It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin Forbids Lawmakers From Taking Photos Of Illegal Immigrant Facility

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: neo96

so what would you prefer to do instead?

I'm just curious; as you both seem to strongly believe that many of the proposed and/or attempted solutions have not been the correct ones.

What do I propose? I propose that they send them back honestly, and I propose that the administration go live and tell all countries shipping illegals here to cross our borders that they are not welcome unless they use legal avenues to come to this country

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

but we've already done that, or attempted it, and it really hasn't stopped anything.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.pewresearch.org...

www.economist.com...

www.nationaljournal.com...

and really the only deportations that are being delayed/cancelled are those of people who have committed no crimes aside from their undocumented status. Perhaps they should go too...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NonsensicalUserName

Sure.. they committed no crimes but the federal felony crime of illegal entry.

Of course.. changing the law, as the only proper way to fix this, is beyond the capabilities of modern America ..or America doesn't WANT it that way, so won't cooperate.

So.. what does a Government do when the law isn't convenient...why, they simply ignore it for God and everyone to see.

The (new) American way! (great lesson those new potential citizens get on arrival eh? Follow our laws...except the ones we don't agree with)
edit on 6/14/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

That's not enough. What he needs to do is send a message to their Presidents, who can then send that message via their TV or text messages, so that the entire country will get the message. What they are doing is invading other people's homes(which is a crime, and let's not forget, they and other South American countries also massacred the Indians, so they're not innocent by using the past), and that's not tolerable in modern times.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

actually many of the illegal immigrants aren't of pure spanish (nor african) decent. The spanish and portuguese were less squemish about "ethnic purity" than northern europeans, and thus there was a lot more mixing between native and spanish populations.

but I get your point.

frankly I wouldn't be surprised if many of those crossing the border didn't have cell phones or TV's.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

changing the laws already on the books has become next to impossible, passing new laws and/or regulations however is perfectly alright.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

When they tried this before Obama...and McCain was trying to ramrod this amnesty through, the Capital switchboard was outright CRASHED more than one time by the volume of calls. Over EIGHTY PERCENT in polls were saying they absolutely DID NOT WANT amnesty. That wasn't too may years ago.

I know this Government cannot fathom this concept..but not everything they cough up is a GOOD idea. Sometimes..Americans do not want it, and we have representatives who won't get rehired if they spit in our face on something BIG...which is why the last amnesty attempt blew up spectacularly and failed utterly.

No one even bothers to ask us now..because they know there isn't a chance in hell we'd suddenly say "Sure! We don't need any silly border control! Let 'em all in!'.

The laws aren't changing because a majority did not WANT them to change in the way they'd been proposed and attempted to ram down our throats with a plunger. The system worked...and is totally failing now.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName

changing the laws already on the books has become next to impossible, passing new laws and/or regulations however is perfectly alright.

They don't need changed.

There doesn't need to be effing reform.

What they need to be is ENFORCED.

They are working exactly like they were designed to.

To curb the flow of immigration to a trickle, and let this country absorb what it already has.

edit on 14-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I find hilarious that, a new amnesty bill is supposed to enforce and make anti immigration laws better, but the reality is that when Reagan did the last amnesty bill that was supposed to stop the influx of illegals it was never enforced.

So is not that is not laws to stop the influx of illegals is that the government itself do not enforce the existing laws.

And to tell that the government promised to do so.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Sure.. they committed no crimes but the federal felony crime of illegal entry.

Our Laws Don't Mean A Thing According To Obama and E. Holder. They Enforce What They believe To Be Only Important To Their Agenda, Not The Safety and Welfare of American's.
To prove my point.

Border Patrol officials struggling to keep up with the increasing number of minors illegally crossing the Mexican border are not turning away persons with known gang affiliations. Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, explained that a Border Patrol agent he represents helped reunite a teenage gang member with his family in the United States. Cabrera notes the young member of Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13), a transnational criminal gang, had no criminal record in the U.S., but asks, “If he’s a confirmed gang member in his own country, why are we letting him in here?”

“I’ve heard people come in and say, ‘You’re going to let me go, just like you let my mother go, just like you let my sister go. You’re going to let me go as well, and the government’s going to take care of us,’” Cabrera says. “Until we start mandatory detentions, mandatory removals, I don’t think anything is going to change. As a matter of fact, I think it’s going to get worse.”

Now under a Normal Law Abiding Administration, a person with crime committed in another country would not be allowed in enter Our Country. But We No Longer Have A Law Abiding Administration!

“It’s upsetting that a lot of them are 16 or 17 years old and a lot of them are not going to face deportation,” Cueto says.

Teenage Latin Border Horde
Looks like Obamas Express Lane for illegals has been opened.

edit on 15-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

Our Laws Don't Mean A Thing According To Obama and E. Holder. They Enforce What They believe To Be Only Important To Their Agenda

I believe you mean: "Our laws don't mean a thing according to those in power. they enforce what they believe to be only important to their agenda."

of course the sorts of agenda's I'm thinking of are small and boring and concern mostly trying to get policies implemented that can either allow other policies to be passed through important/influential representatives, or getting a lobbying job after serving in political office.

in anycase; there is the constant underlying problem of money in politics, we need to amend the first amendment to undue citizens united, and/or pass bills limiting campeign contributions/funds. We also need to stop doing that sneaky trick, the trick where you can't get enough votes to remove a piece of legislation, but you can get enough votes to defund or cripple the legislation or it's enforcement. (this is why ICE and the ATF are unable to really do their jobs effectively)

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Almost sounds like the same train of thought the Palestinian's take when denying the Holocaust .

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I have been thinking about this subject for years on end. The problem obviously starts with the politicians on both sides. We all know about that circus side show.

What we all need to realize, or at least consider, is the human aspect here. I know, I know how you all feel, cause I have felt the same for so long.

However, could we consider if we were wanting a better life in America? Not necessarily what is happening here with these children, but the subject overall of illegal immigration? We have to face it.

I was thinking about this, one of a thousand thoughts on the subject, and has anyone ever even considered how much we Americans could have helped Mexico instead of wasting so much on places like Iraq?

Mexico is our neighbor, and knowing the people as I do, I can't help but think about how our resources could have helped a people, and government if willing, so much more when you really look at it all from the outside.

Mexico is a country full of wonderful and hard working people. Anyone who has spent time in Mexico, understands this. All the majority of these folks want to do is work their ass off for their own families.

Forget the media bs about the cartels. Yes the cartels are doing there business near the borders and near by, but the majority of Mexico is just human beings trying to survive, and it's much harder than surviving in the States.

That is just a fact, and what I have been thinking about is what we could have done with all that money and nation building had we used it to help our neighbors in Mexico. Am I wrong about that?

Look at Iraq today, does anyone believe that Mexico would not have capitalized on our help? They would have jumped for the assistance, and they would have bent over backwards to do it.

We could argue all day about this and that, but in my opinion we should have tried to help them far before anyone else over there.

I myself believe that, but I understand the resources issue in the Middle East at the same time. We are in a silent global war right now, and have been for quite some time.

Just some thoughts I had about it. Those thoughts have nothing to do with Obama's failed domestic and foreign policies, or his failure overall as a leader. Maybe you guys have some thoughts as well?

I think it's a good discussion to have while on this subject my friends. ~$heopleNation
edit on 16-6-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

Plenty of jobs have rules against using phones or photography equipment

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join