It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My top 10 questions about our renewed support of Iraq against Al Qaeda insurgents.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
1. How many Al Qaeda does it take to capture a town the size of Mosul?
2. Who supplied all the arms to these insurgents?
3. Did the US disarm the citizens of Iraq during our occupation or when we left, eliminating the ability of its citizens to defend themselves from these insurgents?
4. WTF was the CIA doing during the assembly of insurgent forces large enough to capture a city the size of Mosul?
5. Was there a satellite blackout over the middle east and no one in the CIA or the NSA knew this was happening before last week? Was the NSA deaf to insurgent communications?
6. How big could the insurgent force be if all Iraq is asking for are drones or an airstrike?
7. Is the force of insurgents so large that Iran needs to get involved or is this a ploy for them to really take over.
8. How long will it take for Iran to assemble troops and equipment to do this?
9. Is this what the President calls having Al-Qaeda on the run? ( Had to get this dig in)
10. Is this another US sponsored insurrection of a Muslim country?

Just some thoughts and thought maybe some folks here had the inside track and could help answering these questions. I am not comfortable with this at all, but I can't see wasting the lives and flesh of America's finest.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
ISIS

I think you guys teach them things to fight Assad no?

This weren't the rebels supported by USA in Syria?

Also they are not Al Qaeda it seems.

Oh and in the city they just take there was $400 million in cash, so they got funds now
edit on 13-6-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

Mosul Seized: Jihadis Loot $429m from City's Central Bank to Make Isis World's Richest Terror Force

edit on 13-6-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Lots of questions you got there .Not so sure you are going to get anything more then opinions though .imo what we are seeing is a recollection of men from the prisons and US arms that were once Iraq's . I don't think the prize is Iraq but the over through of Syria .I am not sure but I think they will leave Baghdad out of this .Too big of a embassy there .I think Iran coming into this is to cut off these forces before they penetrate into Syria .Obama will know what is going on when he hears it from Fox or CNN (snark) peace a reply to: MarlinGrace

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Alqueda will always exist cause anyone can commit terrorism and say I am Alqueda. Osama Bin Laden is dead. We defeated those who committed terror on us. Get over it.

reply to: MarlinGrace

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Lots of questions you got there .Not so sure you are going to get anything more then opinions though .imo what we are seeing is a recollection of men from the prisons and US arms that were once Iraq's . I don't think the prize is Iraq but the over through of Syria .I am not sure but I think they will leave Baghdad out of this .Too big of a embassy there .I think Iran coming into this is to cut off these forces before they penetrate into Syria .Obama will know what is going on when he hears it from Fox or CNN (snark) peace a reply to: MarlinGrace

"Obama will know what is going on when he hears it from Fox or CNN (snark) peace '

lol Will he even get it then?

Something just doesn't smell right for this tin hatted old man. The city of Mosul in 2008 had a population 1.8m people and a size best I can find of a few square hundred miles.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
1. How many Al Qaeda does it take to capture a town the size of Mosul?

It is believed that around 800 ISIS insurgents were responsible for the taking of Mosul. They achieved victory after an Iraqi Army force of 35, 000 abandoned their posts and retreated.

2. Who supplied all the arms to these insurgents?

Nobody knows, however ISIS does have significant backing from private donors in the Middle East. It is believed that Saudi Arabia has been the major sponsor of ISIS, especially in Syria, where it opposes the Assad government. Additionally, ISIS was recently successful in acquiring $425 million after attacking Mosul.

It should also be noted that ISIS is believed to conduct black market dealings, and as such, could very well acquire weaponry from there. Through these sudden campaigns, ISIS has seized US military equipment which was originally given to the Iraqi armed forces.

3. Did the US disarm the citizens of Iraq during our occupation or when we left, eliminating the ability of its citizens to defend themselves from these insurgents?

No idea if they did so officially, but i imagine that acquiring arms would have been significantly easy in Iraq. Right now, many citizens are volunteering their service to the armed forces. Many are also forming militias.

4. WTF was the CIA doing during the assembly of insurgent forces large enough to capture a city the size of Mosul?

Probably watching it unfold...

5. Was there a satellite blackout over the middle east and no one in the CIA or the NSA knew this was happening before last week? Was the NSA deaf to insurgent communications?

I'd imagine that intelligence agencies active in the area would have known about this. ISIS has been active in Iraq for over a decade, and actually began their campaign into the country 6 months ago.

6. How big could the insurgent force be if all Iraq is asking for are drones or an airstrike?

No one knows the exact number of ISIS, but it is believed to be anywhere from 10, 000 men to 20, 000 men. Most of them are foreigners, and are actually very capable at fighting (especially guerilla warfare). It is said that they are the most organised terrorist group in existence, and as such, are able to efficiently move around and achieve set objectives.

7. Is the force of insurgents so large that Iran needs to get involved or is this a ploy for them to really take over.

Iran is a predominantly Shia nation, as is Iraq. They have sent troops into Iraq in order to ensure that the Sunni insurgents do not overthrow the government by taking Baghdad.

8. How long will it take for Iran to assemble troops and equipment to do this?

They already have troops inside Iraq, and have forces on alert at the border. They have indicated that they will fire on any insurgent activity within 60 km from their border.

9. Is this what the President calls having Al-Qaeda on the run? ( Had to get this dig in)

ISIS is no longer affiliated with Al Qaeda. Islamic extremism is an ideology and cannot be so simply defeated.

10. Is this another US sponsored insurrection of a Muslim country?

I'd say not considering the USA and its allies invested considerable resources into setting up this government. It is more likely that ISIS is acting independently towards their own goals, with the primary one being to install a new Islamic Caliphate. Some assume that ISIS is being sponsored by Saudi Arabia, however.

Just some thoughts and thought maybe some folks here had the inside track and could help answering these questions. I am not comfortable with this at all, but I can't see wasting the lives and flesh of America's finest.

The unfolding situation is definitely concerning, and should be dealt with accordingly, before ISIS takes Baghdad. They have already surrounded the capital on three sides, and are in control of the country's water supply.

I hope the above answers help somewhat.
edit on 13-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Wow excellent thanks very much..... So are you right up the road from me at a 3 letter agency? This just seems like a convoluted mess that was really created without any long term thinking on the part of America, and the result of what would happen when we left. We have a greatest country, the sharpest minds, and the mess of this seems to be without end. It seems like we really stepped in it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace
a reply to: daaskapital

Wow excellent thanks very much..... So are you right up the road from me at a 3 letter agency? This just seems like a convoluted mess that was really created without any long term thinking on the part of America, and the result of what would happen when we left. We have a greatest country, the sharpest minds, and the mess of this seems to be without end. It seems like we really stepped in it.

No problem at all!

Haha, nah. I'm just a regular Aussie.

I definitely agree. In my opinion, the West entered Iraq with too high expectations for installing a democratic government in a society and culture which never really wanted or needed one. Unfortunately, what's done is done, and the international scene must work together in overcoming this significant threat. If the international scene doesn't act soon, Iraq's fate may fall on Iran and the Kurdistani forces of Northern Iraq.
edit on 13-6-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Obama has touted Al Qaeda's demise 32 times since Benghazi attack

And here they are taking over major cities in Iraq. So either Obama is A) Lying or B) Totally Inept.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Why are you assuming that CIA is against the insurgents?

CIA basically evolved Al-CIAda into a better trained/equipped fighting force called the ISIS.

US wants this war to rage. It keeps the military industrial complex well funded, divide and destroy more nations and ultimately create an israeli super state and the ONLY super power in ME.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Obama has touted Al Qaeda's demise 32 times since Benghazi attack

And here they are taking over major cities in Iraq. So either Obama is A) Lying or B) Totally Inept.

Or C) Both

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: forklift
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Why are you assuming that CIA is against the insurgents?

CIA basically evolved Al-CIAda into a better trained/equipped fighting force called the ISIS.

US wants this war to rage. It keeps the military industrial complex well funded, divide and destroy more nations and ultimately create an israeli super state and the ONLY super power in ME.

I ASSume nothing this is why I ask question #10, Would I be surprised no, disappointed yes. Israel a superpower? Maybe because they have nukes, but if one lands in their lap it's over, nothing left but glass.

new topics

top topics

join