It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flower Said to Bloom Once in 3,000 Years Spotted Across Globe

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Legends have it that there is a flower called the Udumbar, It flowers once every three thousand years. In 1997 the flower was reportedly sighted at a temple in South Korea. Further in 2010 Chinese state run television reported sightings of the flower calling it celestial in nature.

he alleged udumbara flowers have been seen blossoming on Buddha statues

According to Buddhust legend the Udumbar flower heralds the arrival of a King who turns the Dharmatic wheel to usher in a new age.

Volume 8 of the Buddhist scripture “Huilin Phonetics and Interpretation” states: “The udumbara flower is the product of propitious and supernatural phenomena; it is a celestial flower and does not exist in the mundane world. If a Tathagata or the King of the Golden Wheel appears in the human world, this flower will appear due to his great virtue and blessings.

m.theepochtimes.com...

Some people think the Udumbara flower is simple the eggs of lacewing. However people who have found the flower talk about the flower although delicate in nature having a resilience to time and being able to bounce back after being crushed.

Udumbara flowers on a pine needle photographed under a microscope by Mr. Li of Malacca, Malaysia.

Purp....

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

It has a pretty good (and pretty) Wikipedia age. Thanks, I've never heard of this plant.

en.wikipedia.org...(Buddhism) (copy/paste won't give a direct link, Wikipedia has that problem on a lot of pages, but schroll down the page to the section on Udumbara and it gives a link).

Both the tree and the flower are referred to as the udumbara (Sanskrit, Pali; Devanagari: उडुम्बर) in Buddhism.[5] Udumbara can also refer to the blue lotus (Nila udumbara) flower. The udumbara flower appears in chapters 2 and 27 of the Lotus Sutra, an important Mahayana Buddhist text. The Japanese word udonge (優曇華) was used by Dōgen Zenji to refer to the flower of the udumbara tree in chapter 68 of the Shōbōgenzō ("Treasury of the Eye of the True Dharma"). Dōgen places the context of the udonge flower in the Flower Sermon given by Gautama Buddha on Vulture Peak. Udonge is also used to refer to the eggs of the lacewing insect. The eggs are laid in a pattern similar to a flower, and its shape is used for divination in Asian fortune telling.

edit on 13-6-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
A short video on sightings of the flower..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Neat, they bloom on anything, very interesting
bump

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Yup, they're a type of ficus (fig) and related to the likes of the strangler fig, which will grow on a branch of a host tree and eventually kill it and absorb it.

I don't think these flower every 3000 years, just that it's such a small and inconspicuous plant, most don't even notice it.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Oh I see what they're doing with this, someone born, new age......new cycle.

I'm not looking for someone born into the world, I'm looking for the off world Good Guys to rescue everyone here and arrest the bad guys, and lift the veil so this whole thing is over. No more.

I don't want to leave here and experience the suffering, murders, rapes, torture, child abuse, nature abuse of another brutal cycle from afar and ever have to volunteer to come in to rescue anyone. Enough is enough, make this change so that never happens to anyone.

This is it, upgrade this planet and no one on earth or born here or another religious leader. That is all their gimmicks. NO MORE.

I really hope there aren't people waiting for a King to rule over them or arrive even as a Buddha.

We are the ones we've been waiting for. No kings, thrones, no pyramid systems of any kind, no way to enslave or murder or harm or force people against their will to participate in their evil systems, which violate all laws of the cosmos, maybe not the hellzone levels, but everywhere else. Individual freedom, access to land and resources and any system for order fair and equal in every way upholding freedoms and the people's levels and councils having the ability to fire any person hired on higher levels, and fold any level of corruption.
edit on 13-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Very interesting flower.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
so how long does that plant live?

i doubt something that frail will survive 3000 yrs.

and how long did it take to figure out how long it took between blooms?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Really? An off world entity is what you're waiting for?

Never gonna happen, and it's just making excuses if you ask me.

And what about people like Ghandi, The Dalai Lama?

People been of this world who made/make a huge amount of change.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

I'm not looking for someone born into the world, I'm looking for the off world Good Guys to rescue everyone here and arrest the bad guys, and lift the veil so this whole thing is over. No more.

This is contradictory with the following:

We are the ones we've been waiting for. No kings, thrones, no pyramid systems of any kind, no way to enslave or murder or harm or force people against their will to participate in their evil systems, which violate all laws of the cosmos, maybe not the hellzone levels, but everywhere else. Individual freedom, access to land and resources and any system for order fair and equal in every way upholding freedoms and the people's levels and councils having the ability to fire any person hired on higher levels, and fold any level of corruption.

Specifically, the first sentence. "We are the ones weve been waiting for" is a metaphoric way to say that no one can save us from ourselves. Put another way, we are our own messiahs, saviors, and heroes come to the rescue.

Ive realized in the last year or so, that there simply cannot be any kind of "mass awakening" the way we would almost all be delighted if it were to happen. Not in this realm. This realm is loosely (I say loosely because there is no objective reason for anything) about the personal struggle of overcoming and transcending the programming inherent to the human template.

Can this be done by multiple people simultaneously? Yes. It does happen. But every path is unique, and no path is the same. That means "ascension" is not in the cards for everyone, because as mentioned, there is no objective purpose to do anything. We are here because we chose to be, and everyone has a different idea of where to end up (read the link in my sig "theres no such thing as spiritual evolution").

The odds of every single spirit who inhabits and subjects themselves to the human experiences CHOOSING at the SAME TIME to "ascend", is so remote a probability, it is effectively not worth even considering it will happen, ever, with such a large number of differing spirits.

YOU wish to end the "cycle of death and rebirth" so to speak, unity, as do I.

But not everyone does.

And FORCING them to do so would be as you mention, a "violation of the laws of the cosmos", which IMO, hold the spirits freewill and sovereignty over themselves to be absolute.

You hope there are not people waiting for a King... but there are. Most are. And thats OK; it is neither right nor wrong, good nor bad. It is though, simply not our preference.

But it is the collective desire of the people to be ruled. If it were not... they could not be ruled over. Ever. It just wouldnt work. The entire social structure of almost all civilizations on the planet would be entirely different from the ground up. Society reflects and is shaped to the inner desires of its people; it is a perfect mirror, being the external component of the internal collective will.

There will come a time when its realized that you cannot help someone who does not want to be helped. No matter how horrid their situation/s, no matter how much they seemingly unnecessarily suffer, if it is their will for them to be in those situations... who is anyone with wisdom to try and force them to change?

There will be no help from the sky, because ETs know what Ive just said, because they have wisdom.

People must choose to help themselves first, before any, and I mean ANY useful assistance can ever be rendered.

Looking at the world as a generalized whole... does it appear as if people are willingly to help themselves? Or does it seem more so that people are looking for... well... a bail out? Someone to come save them, and absolve them of all personal responsibility?

We are most indeed the ones we have been waiting for. And its up to each of us individually to realize that truth.

edit on 6/13/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

Cool! I had no idea such a flower existed... well... every 3000 years. Or is it that it only blooms every 3000 years? I need to read about it again.

Sounds exciting.. a new age and a king.... and so on... but there is this other part of me that will not accept anything of that nature until I see it. Wishful thinking ...but hey... we can always wish.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CaticusMaximus

Maybe we can have a mass awaking. Maybe we are all more linked than we know. Here is a lovely documenty if you have time on how all life is linked..

purp..

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Interesting, I have never heard of it.

A bloom only once every three thousand years would be unlike anything else we have encountered. I wonder, what would happen if someone ate it? are there any known medicinal properties?

Not that I would eat it, I would rather study it. Very Interesting post.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CaticusMaximus

This is contradictory with the following:

Specifically, the first sentence. "We are the ones weve been waiting for" is a metaphoric way to say that no one can save us from ourselves. Put another way, we are our own messiahs, saviors, and heroes come to the rescue.

Ive realized in the last year or so, that there simply cannot be any kind of "mass awakening" the way we would almost all be delighted if it were to happen. Not in this realm. This realm is loosely (I say loosely because there is no objective reason for anything) about the personal struggle of overcoming and transcending the programming inherent to the human template.

Can this be done by multiple people simultaneously? Yes. It does happen. But every path is unique, and no path is the same. That means "ascension" is not in the cards for everyone, because as mentioned, there is no objective purpose to do anything. We are here because we chose to be, and everyone has a different idea of where to end up (read the link in my sig "theres no such thing as spiritual evolution").

The odds of every single spirit who inhabits and subjects themselves to the human experiences CHOOSING at the SAME TIME to "ascend", is so remote a probability, it is effectively not worth even considering it will happen, ever, with such a large number of differing spirits.

YOU wish to end the "cycle of death and rebirth" so to speak, unity, as do I.

But not everyone does.

And FORCING them to do so would be as you mention, a "violation of the laws of the cosmos", which IMO, hold the spirits freewill and sovereignty over themselves to be absolute.

You hope there are not people waiting for a King... but there are. Most are. And thats OK; it is neither right nor wrong, good nor bad. It is though, simply not our preference.

But it is the collective desire of the people to be ruled. If it were not... they could not be ruled over. Ever. It just wouldnt work. The entire social structure of almost all civilizations on the planet would be entirely different from the ground up. Society reflects and is shaped to the inner desires of its people; it is a perfect mirror, being the external component of the internal collective will.

There will come a time when its realized that you cannot help someone who does not want to be helped. No matter how horrid their situation/s, no matter how much they seemingly unnecessarily suffer, if it is their will for them to be in those situations... who is anyone with wisdom to try and force them to change?

There will be no help from the sky, because ETs know what Ive just said, because they have wisdom.

People must choose to help themselves first, before any, and I mean ANY useful assistance can ever be rendered.

Looking at the world as a generalized whole... does it appear as if people are willingly to help themselves? Or does it seem more so that people are looking for... well... a bail out? Someone to come save them, and absolve them of all personal responsibility?

We are most indeed the ones we have been waiting for. And its up to each of us individually to realize that truth.

You deserve more stars than I can give you! I am humbled just to have read your words

This is very interesting, I suppose we shall wait and see. S&F for you purplemer... thank you for bringing this to our attention

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Here's the wikipedia page about it. Apparently the blooming every 3000 years is because the flowers are inside the fruit and it became a symbol of rarity.

Buddhism:

Both the tree and the flower are referred to as the udumbara (Sanskrit, Pali; Devanagari: उडुम्बर) in Buddhism.[5] Udumbara can also refer to the blue lotus (Nila udumbara) flower. The udumbara flower appears in chapters 2 and 27 of the Lotus Sutra, an important Mahayana Buddhist text. The Japanese word udonge (優曇華) was used by Dōgen Zenji to refer to the flower of the udumbara tree in chapter 68 of the Shōbōgenzō ("Treasury of the Eye of the True Dharma"). Dōgen places the context of the udonge flower in the Flower Sermon given by Gautama Buddha on Vulture Peak. Udonge is also used to refer to the eggs of the lacewing insect. The eggs are laid in a pattern similar to a flower, and its shape is used for divination in Asian fortune telling.

The flowers of the udumbara are enclosed within its fruit. as in all figs (see "Fig pollination and fig fruit"). Because the flower is hidden inside the fruit, a legend developed to explain the absence (and supposed rarity) of the visual flower: in Buddhist mythology, the flower was said to bloom only once every 3,000 years, and thus came to symbolize events of rare occurrence.[1] Allusions to this symbolism can be found in texts such as Theravada Buddhism's Uraga Sutta (Sn 1.1, v. 5)[4] and Mahayana Buddhism's "Lotus Sutra," both described further below.[6]

and in Hinduism:

In the Atharva Veda, this fig tree (Sanskrit: uḍumbara or udumbara)[2] is given prominence as a means for acquiring prosperity and vanquishing foes.[3] For instance, regarding an amulet of the udumbara tree, a hymn (AV xix,31) extols:

The Lord of amulets art thou, most mighty: in thee wealth's
ruler hath engendered riches,
These gains are lodged in thee, and all great treasures. Amulet,
conquer thou: far from us banish malignity and indigence,
and hunger.
Vigour art thou, in me do thou plant vigour: riches art thou, so
do thou grant me riches.
Plenty art thou, so prosper me with plenty: House-holder, hear
a householder's petition.[4]

edit on 13-6-2014 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2014 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join