It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive water reservoir discovered towards Earth's core

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38
I think everything came out of Earth, all life on Earth.

Please excuse if this is taken religiously...

The Abzu (Cuneiform: 𒍪 𒀊, ZU.AB; Sumerian: abzu; Akkadian: apsû) also called engur, (Cuneiform:𒇉, LAGAB×HAL; Sumerian: engur; Akkadian: engurru) literally, ab='water' (or 'semen') zu='to know' or 'deep' was the name for fresh water from underground aquifers that was given a religious fertilizing quality in Sumerian and Akkadian mythology. Lakes, springs, rivers, wells, and other sources of fresh water were thought to draw their water from the abzu.

In the city Eridu, Enki's temple was known as E2-abzu (house of the cosmic waters) and was located at the edge of a swamp, an abzu.[1] Certain tanks of holy water in Babylonian and Assyrian temple courtyards were also called abzu (apsĂ»).[2] Typical in religious washing, these tanks were similar to the washing pools of Islamic mosques, or the baptismal font in Christian churches.

The Sumerian god Enki (Ea in the Akkadian language) was believed to have lived in the abzu since before human beings were created. His wife Damgalnuna, his mother Nammu, his advisor Isimud and a variety of subservient creatures, such as the gatekeeper Lahmu, also lived in the abzu.

Abzu (apsû) is depicted as a deity only in the Babylonian creation epic, the Enûma Elish, taken from the library of Assurbanipal (c 630 BCE) but which is about 500 years older. In this story, he was a primal being made of fresh water and a lover to another primal deity, Tiamat, who was a creature of salt water. The Enuma Elish begins:

When above the heavens did not yet exist nor the earth below, Apsu the freshwater ocean was there, the first, the begetter, and Tiamat, the saltwater sea, she who bore them all; they were still mixing their waters, and no pasture land had yet been formed, nor even a reed marsh...

1 can see where some associate some religious data to this liquid region within the planet.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

No, he's right. It fits the biblical stuff about as well as, theoretically speaking, someone saying an aquifer has the capability of turning into a massive geyser. You'd say it fits your narrative, too, because in your mind, something that came from underground = proof.

At present, all this says is that a particular type of deep-originating rock is infused with water. That lends no credence to any religious blathering of floods.
edit on 6/13/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

I'm not censoring anyone,you say all you like as i say what i want. somehow you see this as me trying to silence you. soon you people will say i'm stalking you to try to brain wash you ir something... in my own thread.

You came here, you gave your opinion now deal with the ones of the rest that think its stupidity

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I hope they realize that this gives credence to a global flood.

I always figured it was just inside the "mud".

EDIT TO ADD:
LOL

Never mind. I see I am late to the party again.

edit on 6 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

It's called old faithful, it's in Yellowstone national park
edit on Fri20146V201414230 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I get no problem with the bible, its as good as peter pan or any other fantasy book i just dont like the obsession people got with it that have to relate everything to their fantasy novel

I don't like a lot of things but I don't whine on every thread when they're mentioned. You seem to let it bother you TOO much.

But we are the Crack pots? Okay then.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: Grimpachi

Actually, the text has always indicated that the earth was a sphere hanging in space.

Idiotic claims otherwise are just that.

Do you types even read your own bible?

They didn't even have a word for sphere probably because they hadn't grasped the concept of one plus the bible talks about a tree so tall you can se the entire world from the top of. Sorry to break it to you but the world would have to be flat for that.

BTW they said circle. Now you can test it by going and drawing a circle on a piece of paper. Guess what the paper is still flat.

Bible points to a flat earth.

If you are going to go on about idiotic claims try not to make them at the same time you are complaining.

If anything it shows just how fallible your concept of a infallible god is. You know those "sacred texts" were supposedly the word of god yet its a god that can't even accurately describe the planet which if it is all knowing should know that would be a huge matter of contention for the future enough so to at least give his damn people a new word. Does it?? Nope. That screws up the entire premise for an all knowing infallible being.

Did you know the earth in not really a sphere either its an oblate spheroid?
edit on 13-6-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hmm...this really is a water planet, isn't it. Any other ETs might consider all lifeforms on this planet as aquatic
Everything is pretty much busting at the seam with water.
Hard for my brain to imagine lifeforms that might NOT be like this.

Edit: Ha sorry Indigent--I did this.
edit on 13-6-2014 by awakendhybrid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Better not let anyone get ahold of that "blue rock" they'll be trying to make jewelry out of it, and will pelleted the earth of it...just enough to collapse the earth......kidding....on a serious note, ....can fracking injure or harm this in anyway? ...and does the mean that the water tables rising is actually the center of the earth oozing out,,and not the polar ice caps?

I doubt it. The deepest the oil industry have gone is 32km, and that was with the the Deepwater Horizon platform. The pressures they encountered (over 120,000 times atmospheric pressure at sea-level) stretched hardware to the limit. If you imagine that pressure increases linearly the deeper you go, then at 700 km down, the pressure must be 2 million times atmospheric pressure. At those pressures, the rules of physics and chemistry will be different.

I know that a marine laboratory once tried capturing deep sea living creatures for study at sea level. Despite placing them in a temperature and light controlled container of sea water all the way up to the surface, the poor things disintegrated before reaching the surface. The only parameter that had changed was the sea pressure, which upset the various chemical balances that regulated salinity and hydration levels. So they basically exploded at a cellular level.

From the sample of rock crystal that was found, the super-heated water would be trapped within rock crystals at a time that they are cooling down and end up stuck inside.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

The aliens/ancient astronauts put that water there as s secret resevoir for the mining of gold if the surface water became too polluted with slag

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The plot thickens to how oil is actually formed in the ground. It's not dinosaur bones people..

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 13-6-2014 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent This is something that probably should have been kept quiet. This molten water reserve is probably in the state it is for a reason. Regulating our core temperature, some other precious balance in our earths cycle. Mess with it and we could screw ourselves out of a home.

I guarantee there's someone out there, who will try to tap it or exploit it in some way.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ironclad2000
Well, they are not selling land on the moon and mars for nothing. Somebody knows something....

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

You dont need Wikipedia to know that Oil is people AND everything on the surface of the planet mixed together and deposited in specific areas and layers according to mass or weight.

You may find lots of posts here about the 3600 year long Cycle the Earth goes through which culminates in a Global Displacement of the Earths oceans over all the landmasses,and the One True Hisory of Humanity hidden within ALL religons doctrines,it is the dislodging and movement of the continents which drives the landmasses under the water,the water comes over and washes out again back into the basins it came from,the water contained within the earth in massive resevoirs is brought to the surface during this process and the volume on the surface doubles , there are volcanic eruptions of massive size and scope all over the planet.

As the Great Wave comes in and goes out,it SCOURS the surface of the Earth, nothing remains that isnt massive and made of stone.

As the water receeds it drops everything it has been carrying in specific areas and patterns all governed by the mass of the objects.

If you dig deep you will find that there are ways to define what specific types of oil found in different areas are made of,some are more plant and some are more animal and human.

This Cycle is 3694 years old already.

edit on 14-6-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I'm not a geologist by trade, but I think tossing out the cometary water hypothesis may be premature. It's not too difficult to imagine a scenario where both ideas might be true, or partially true.

Perhaps watery comets deposited their payload billions of years ago, while the earth was forming, and that water has been here ever since?

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think we should not reach and use that water as its a big MASS. And If we do it, our planets water won't be able to kept in for "emergency" . It will turn into air and the balance will be kind of ...

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Just great, now we have found something new to exploit and to polute on a grand scale.
edit on 14/6/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Seems strange that so many people can embrace the Atlantis flood myth, but so many more get down right nasty about the Biblical flood myth.

With so many cultures having epic flood myths, I don't see why anyone should single out one cultural myth to beat on like a dead horse.

If there was a massive flood at any point, then all of the flood myths probably arose from the same event.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I see you are handy with assumptions about my convictions, perspective and evidently, you think you are skilled at mind-reading my thoughts.

For the record:

1. It is mostly merely interesting that this recent research affirms the Biblical statement about water deep within the earth.

2. I did not connect that to the flood though that is a plausible connection. I think the pre-flood "water canopy" is sufficient explanation for the flood but that's a different topic. Certainly the flood could have been engineered by God using BOTH the deep water and the water canopy.

3. Enjoy your hostility to the Biblical text and the implications of the Biblical text, if you insist. However, PRESUMING to mind-read, impute motives and to be an expert about my convictions and assumptions is likely to be a continuing effort in presumptive haughty folly.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Can this mean Mars could possible have similar attributes? Now the ending of the old Total Recall seems more fact than fiction!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join