It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any ATS members from Sacramento and into firearms?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Going to be taking a trip to the sacvalley gun range up in rancho murieta next week with my dad and a co-worker, any of you enthusiasts interested in meeting up? This is one of the better ranges in the area, outdoor and cheap non-members cost is $14!
Public Ranges:

Rifle - 300 yard, 11 positions shaded
Rifle - 100 yard, 52 positions covered
Pistol - 50 yard, 24 positions covered
Rim Fire (.22 caliber) - reactive target range, 8 positions covered
Shotgun - 4 Trap, 2 Skeet, 5 Stand Sporting Clays

(kind of small) heres the raw link i.imgur.com...

If you're interested, give me a shout here or via PM!

edit on 6/13/2014 by ThinkYouSpeak because: img fixed

edit on 6/13/2014 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
My parents are down there. Our favorite place is Spenceville near Dillon's Air Force base. It's outdoor and free.

Probably goes out to 350-400, I can't remember.

Have fun and good shooting!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
My parents are down there. Our favorite place is Spenceville near Dillon's Air Force base. It's outdoor and free.

Probably goes out to 350-400, I can't remember.

Have fun and good shooting!

thanks man i bookmarked that on googlemaps, will have to take a trip out there sometime!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

I'm in Sac too, Never been to that range your going to. I know there's one near me in Rancho Cordova. I'm a horrible shot, left handed right eye dominate, I gave up.

Have a good weekend. I'll be at the other range down the road trying to shoot little white balls over the net.(golfing)
edit on 14-6-2014 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2014 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: ThinkYouSpeak

I'm in Sac too, Never been to that range your going to. I know there's one near me in Rancho Cordova. I'm a horrible shot, left handed right eye dominate, I gave up.

Have a good weekend. I'll be at the other range down the road trying to shoot little white balls over the net.(golfing)

LOL that smarts. I'm going up there on the 21st or 22nd for the first time, I think the range in sloughhouse is like 5-10mins away from you, i'll shoot you a PM and we can figure something out. Theres a indoor one I want to try sometime, it's in north highlands called The Gun Range. not a big fan of indoor though

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Our favorite place was actually a place up in Colfax, closer than Spenceville but not quite as large. They shut it down "temporarily" because some yahoos were shooting .22lrs at some passing trains (they are definitely not in the field of fire), but I don't think they have opened it back up. That was probably 6 years ago.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
sac valley shooting center out in rancho murieta is AWESOME. my first time there the office staff was friendly, the folks to my right and left lane were also very nice. about 3hours in an instructor was walking up and down the pistol range asking if anyone wanted free shooting lessons as he was teaching classes all morning and had nothing to do. helped me out A LOT and not only that but he personally gave me 50rds of his 9mm when i ran out of my 300rds i brought and to go even further took me back to the main office and used his 7.5% member discount to help me get another 100rds for significantly less

highly recommend this place for anyone and their families. the .22LR plinking shilouette course was awesome and i heard som MIL/LEO on the rifle range going full auto and kicking some serious target butt lol

top topics

join