It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-75 Tether Encounter -- Unpublished crew photography now available

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: Uggielicious

When the tether broke the satellite was at a distance of 19 km from the shuttle, but the end that broke was just some metres from the shuttle, as it broke still inside the structure used to deploy the satellite and tether.

I've lost track of this dispute [confusing metric and English units is not unheard of in space]. I thought we were discussing the video of the swarm and the lost tether, and that range was a lot more than 19 km.

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
I thought we were discussing the video of the swarm and the lost tether, and that range was a lot more than 19 km.

We were, but my question was related to this post.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uggielicious
I don't know what you know but if I focus on distance and something enters the frame closer than the distant focus that object is going to be unsharp / blurry.

Not when it's a highlight. This is getting embarrassing now. You are incorrect. How on earth do you expect to be taken seriously in anything you say when you continue to insist you are correct about something when you are clearly wrong and show no interest whatsoever in educating yourself and finding out why you are wrong?

You have no interest in the truth and are only concerned with your own interpretation of events.

Hard edge out of focus highlights in front and behind the plane of focus,

Hard edged out of focus foreground highlights,

Pay attention to how highlights behave differently

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Jim did the work!...BUT..those are not the same images as the "tether incident', & the ORB is not even close. Still, the new
photos are cool. Where is the swarm..or groupings of your 'orbs'?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join