It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would an alien judge the merit of ideology on Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
To Mods: Please move to mud pit if that will be more appropriate.
*****************************************************************************************************
source for the entire survey

If you had no idea about the details, how would you judge the merit of certain philosophies, mindsets and causes?

I assert that self-coherence is a way to do just that. After all, if you can't recognize and reconcile conflicts in your own belief components, how can your value system have any credibility?

I came across this poll which I believe was done for the purpose of garnering votes. I'm honestly not sure who is behind it. Several inconsistencies are apparent. US political parties are pure theater but they allocate political ideology fairly well. Let's begin.

Which of the following would you support as ways to reduce the nation's budget deficit?
27% of self identified Republicans would raise taxes on "wealthy individuals"
15% of Republicans would reduce military spending.
15% of Republicans wouldn't cut Social security or Medicare either.
56% would do "other"

Not sure how "other" stacks up against the budget deficit. I guess we'll never know. I know how military spending and wars impact the budget.

It has been proposed that every time the United States goes to war in the future the government should issue a special "war surtax" on all American citizens to pay for the war and avoid adding to our nation's debt. How strongly would you favor or oppose such a tax?

About 67% of Reps oppose or strongly oppose this idea. I get it. Conservatives don't believe in taxation. Land of the free etc. Literally free.

Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on terrorism?

Over 70% of Republicans believe terrorists hate America's values and that's why they attack. We smile in selfies. They hate that. We need to be strong. The other choice was America's foreign policy. Naaa. They hate drive though liquor stores.

The United States currently has the most powerful military in the world. In your opinion, how important is it for the United States to remain the world's number one military power

A whopping 73% of Republicans think it is "very important". But how will this get paid for?

If the United States wants to maintain its current advantage in military power over rising powers like China it may need to raise taxes to pay for higher defense budgets. What is the largest tax increase you would support to help keep the United States military the strongest in the world?

52% of Republicans would not support any increase in taxes for one of the most unified and important issues in their world. Odd conflict there. Maybe they should have a gun raffle.

Do you believe that the following statement is true or not true? "Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the United States invaded in 2003."

62.9% of Republicans answered true. This is remarkable, given that the US military reported no WMD have been found in the 10+ years of the Iraq war. That's an odd one but it may shed light on the coherence question. It may be that misinformation is being accepted as truth. That's not helping credibility.

In summary:
1. Strong military with interventionist policy is critical for the US but I'm not willing to pay for it.
2. Strong allies are critical but they are too lazy/aggressive and should take care of themselves.
3. We are paying very close attention to political affairs and yet still insisting that Iraq had WMD in 2003. For kicks, a strong majority of Republicans are Birthers. Paying very close attention all right --very aware of the constant barrage of false flag attacks designed to refute a very secure worldview. It won't work though.

I submit to you the reader, that an alien would have no choice but to classify a large swath of US conservatives as having incoherent and distorted world views, thus indeterminate core value sets. The search for coherence and merit would lead elsewhere. But where? Possibly to church? 56% of Republicans believe religion is very important and more than 60% pray at least once per day. Ooops, not so much. More than 50% do not attend church more than a few times per year. Oh well.
edit on 12-6-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: note to mods

edit on 12-6-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: added link

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

I think if they started with you one would see that you clearly are in support of the democratic machine...judging from some of your posts and responses you appear to be left leaning...My question is why are you not including democratic short comings? Maybe I'm missing something? And by all means include Independents in this discussion...might as well project some balance...assuming there are Aliens and I don't believe there are....would like to believe it but just not sold...
edit on 12-6-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I don't know. What's your cat's opinion on the subject of global warming?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I can't imagine any species that can travel the galaxies wanting ANYTHING to do with the human race... unless we taste good.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How would an alien judge ideology ?

Take one look at the US and its asinine political system.

And remove our address from their in dash navigation system.

Then turn around and go home.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Over 70% of Republicans believe terrorists hate America's values and that's why they attack.

Garbage like that is why aliens would never show themselves. As far as I can see (through the mist of bs) there's very very few real terrorists, and those that are real probably attack not because they "Hate our freedoms" but because we've raped THEIR countries!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Of you were up there looking down on Earth you'd probably do everything possible to make sure no one leaves.

We are indeed a wicked species.

Worst of all.......Jesus died for us all. All of us.

If I was he I'd be furious moreso the sons father!

Mods feel free to do whatever with this reply but ultimately I speak the truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The renegade controlling annanuki type ets made the religions on earth, and do this on numerous planets like earth. Not always for bad, for religions have ethics and good behavior in them, and progress people in Kindness and Compassion if they are of a Good heart and Loving Nature, so already progressing. But a warring nature reads the dark path in the religion and then its a soul trap.

No ET comes bearing any religion if they're Good, for they're renegades if they do. I know this. I have soul memories, memories and contact about this very issue. Because the one who was in ufology speaking this crapola, I just about had a red out, recognized him, in spirit, knew he had family watching over him, our family watching over him, and that he had turned renegade by conducting this mossad type agenda and talking this religious stuff, and his was even worse because it was altering Christianity and even claiming he was Jesus at one point. Religions enslave and cut people off from the true spiritual message within them hidden, to go within, meditate and grow your psychic and soul skills.

No Good Et comes bearing anything that imprisons our minds and with any distortion or lies.

That being said, our Teachers, ie Buddha and Christ and the older ones as well, may very well have been ET or on ET assignments themselves. But I tend to see them in metaphoric ways. This is not really said about the positive aspects in having faith or the spiritual messages in the main religions, but its about the "religions" and institutions run by the elite and Rome.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

From what I have read, pork.

We taste like bacon......there is no hope....lol.

It'll be like the MFTV v series so later episodes, only we are the catz.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
why isn't it possible to point out something that's clearly an issue (with reality) and NOT automatically be a shill for "the other side". I love bashing conservatives (those in the government) but that doesn't me a tool for Demo Machine.

I would like to see the same questions posed to people who are self-confessed "liberals". Maybe that would be fair. But you can't post poll results that show most people think Larry the Cable Guy is the second coming of Christ and then say "well, liberals suck too".

a reply to: chrismarco

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DuckforcoveR

Way to respond OP...another junk post...thanks Duck for some clarification to my rambling
edit on 13-6-2014 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

top topics

join