It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Bombers Fly Within 50 Miles of California Coast - intercepted by F-15's

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Well that is a bit unsettling. The article seems to state that it is not unusual for practice runs like this but that getting that close to CA was unusual. Guess I will have to defer to the experts on ATS as to what is and isn't unusual in this circumstance though.

Says they have nuclear cruise missile capabilities.....any way to tell if they were equipped with them on these test runs and just how far could a nuclear cruise missile travel if fired 50 miles from the CA coast?

The russians have a huge range of supersonic air launched cruise missles. For example if kh 22 was be used. It travels at mach 4.6 and has a range of 375 miles. That means it could hit at the end of its range in about 12-14 minutes.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Skorpy

Well pretty much none of that is true but, in particular the miltary being weakened? We have the highest degree of military domination in our history and of any military in world history. It is just staggering that your view is out of touch with the rest of the worlds who see a US more dominate than ever, that between it and its allies are resposible for 90% of the worlds military spending, that has a navy more powerful than the rest of the worlds combined and that does whatever it wants whenever it wants. A world where nations like Russia, China and Iran are isolated and surrounded by US backed friends and allies. Stange times indeed.

Our military spending to back to pre WW2 levels but we still spend more than all other major nations combined. I understand that. We also outsource a lot of parts and still pay premiums to those other nations that supply them. He who spends the most is not always the most prepared.

Our Navy is the largest in the world but so was Britans as well as some other big players in ancient times. A carrier cannot defend the heartland of our great nation and those countries who you say have isolated themselves have also developed ways to strike hard and fast at our naval prowess.

The US made a lot of promises in the 90's and early part of the first decade but they are not being enforced by the current administration. They threaten sanctions when we should show force.

Do I think us weak, no, I think us as the bully who is surrounded by those he has beat up and everyone else taking out their cell phones to post what will happen when someone decides to fight back.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yea ,its more along the lines of over through or destabilize . Well if that is the case the US is # 1 a reply to: jrod

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Where is all the love for Putin now ?

For couple of months there has been air space incidents by Russia in several countries in Europe.. 50 miles doesn´t sound as bad as actually entering in ones air space..

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

No, it wouldnt be a distraction tactic. We monitor all, and both simultaneously from a variety of different departments with the MIlitary and Defense industries.

Each one is always going no matter whats happening with the other. Thats the way it works. Each stays doing their own monitoring of Space, Air, land and sea, radio and microwave transmissions...troop movements...no matter what is going on elsewhere.

We got to much invested to be "distracted"...so we arent.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What I want to know is why the MSM is using scare tactics on us.
What are TPTB hiding now? What are they diverting our attention from?
I think they're trying to slip something under the radar of the American people; something big.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Thats not a patrol it is rehearsing a war game scenarioo. The US is not their patrol zone.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Initial probing of US defense and response times, your about to get bombed Amerika start getting ready for War on your home soil!.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If they had gone offensive then four bombers and two tankers were not returning to Russia. Guess they know that though.
edit on 6/12/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Has any new information surfaced about this yet? I am very curious as to if they were carrying a nuclear payload, and what they were doing in the first place, flying with refueling craft....I think that they were testing their long range flight abilities and judging what it would take for a massive air strike so that they can crunch the numbers.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Bombers are easy to see. It's those submarines that can go undetected. Russia and Chinese both have been able to make it to the GoM unnoticed.

It does seem like Russia has stepped up air patrols.

quite right, if there is something to be worried about than it has to be this, Borei class submarines and Russia is
making more of them at increased pace.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

You have no idea what you are talking about. With the exception of about ten years Russian bombers off the US, especially Alaska was an almost weekly event. If we're about to get bombed it sure is taking them a long time to get ready.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Are you stupid? Go back to call of duty or what ever the hell you kids are playing. This is posturing, and nothing more. The US has been "testing Russian Response times" for weeks according to your intelligence, and has yet to attack them? When are we bombing the US? We just got chased away flying Recon, not a week ago. We have yet to launch some super stupid bombing run on the russians.

Not happening kid.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join