It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

friendly notifications of new friends...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Just off the top of my head............I wuz" friending" somebody the other day....He or She had made a particular point, and it resonated with me enough to make the gesture......

Then I got to looking at the list of "friends" I have made over the years.....who have said something that struck me equally strongly.....
Its a pretty long list actually......
At any rate this led me to thinking it would be great if I just published my list in a thread and simply said thanks for sayin it better than I ever could guys.....so Thanks Yall......but I don't think ill publish the list.....

Suffice ot to say we could easily program an app into the fabric of the ATS system which would notify a person when somebody "friends them".....thus the recipient of such an honour would then be aware that there are like minded and appreciative people out there.....
And it would be an encouraging addition that may just start many many real friendships in future.....
So......waddaya say?
edit on 11-6-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
When you friend someone they do get an automated U2U saying that you did so. It is set up to send one every time you use it. It even does it when you friend someone more than once.

edit on 6/11/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
did you get that one?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I did.
now check yours. That's what it looks like on the other end.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Oh there ya are....I didn't even know we still got u2u since the board went high tech...I actually couldn't figure where it was till now....thanx friend...
edit on 11-6-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Happy to help.
The new board set up isn't as friendly in the message notification as it used to be IMO. It's easier to miss new mail now. Of course I am kind of old and don't adjust well to change, so it could just be that.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
you know, on the subject of friends...why isn't it handled in a request format, where we have the option to accept, or deny?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

You don't have to friend them back. They can friend you and without the U2U you would never know. It's not like it automatically friends them back after they do it. So really no harm no foul.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Besides its a way of saying I think your right on the money buddy.....a lot more than just stars.....
I like the friend idea because its a unity thing....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

but it also creates an association....i show up on their list of friends, and what if i don't like them? what if i don't want to be associated with them?

why would i want someone whom i may despise, claiming to be my friend?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

you want unity?

i got your unity, right here...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

but it also creates an association....i show up on their list of friends, and what if i don't like them? what if i don't want to be associated with them?

why would i want someone whom i may despise, claiming to be my friend?

Hell.... I don't know. Ask them to remove it if that happens. Put a horse head in their bed while they sleep if they don't?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Thanks Friend............a reply to: Daedalus

new topics

top topics

join