It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama going to side-step Congress again, for possible Obamacare bailout??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: damwel

Ahhhhhh, okay then.
Nothing like towing the party line I guess.

And I love the Progressive ideal of the ends justify the means.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
There is a difference, a big difference. If there isn't why have quit torturing prisoners and that's just the first thing that comes to mind. Why are the rep congressmen so obstructive when Bush had free reign when he was in? Do you remember, " how dare you question the potus in time of war". Boy that went right out the window when Obama got elected.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Ahhhhhh, okay then.
Nothing like towing the party line I guess.

And I love the Progressive ideal of the ends justify the means.

That's exactly what YOU are doing, towing the republican line

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If there isn't why have quit torturing prisoners and that's just the first thing that comes to mind.

You believe that there isn't any torture going on today?
The only requirement would be that the government believes that you know something that they want to know... there is still torture going on today.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
He is leading us to a far better world than the republicans and Bush were.

Didn't they say that about Hitler as well?

Perhaps he was right...

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think. ~ Adolf Hitler

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Funny, as I have yet to be a republican. Nor have I championed Bush.

Want to try that again??

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wait what ?

Obama care is going to cause a BAILOUT ?

Noooooooooooooooooooo.

IMPOSSIBLE!

Because the era of 'too big to fail' is OVER!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

If there isn't why have quit torturing prisoners and that's just the first thing that comes to mind.

You believe that there isn't any torture going on today?
The only requirement would be that the government believes that you know something that they want to know... there is still torture going on today.

The US has been doing that since the days of Vietnam.

Some people 'like to think' that began in 2000.

It didn't.

And it still is going on.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
Yes, and they will kill people (American citizens) to send a message to other people.

In fact, I am surprised that someone close to Snowden hasn't taken a dirt nap.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Yes, and they will kill people (American citizens) to send a message to other people.

Unless they happen to be like deserter's named 'Bowe'.
edit on 11-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: snarky412
Is Obama going to side-step Congress again

Is this even a question any more?

0bama will continue to side step as he sees fit .

So true...
Hard to keep track at this point

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
If Congress cannot find the strength among them to challenge President Obama, then he essentially becomes King Obama in elected office outside cases brought to the Supreme Court.

We can hope Congress remembers they are there for a reason other than personal enrichment, but I don't hold out much hope. They've pretty much sold us out, it seems. Entirely. I'm starting to think if we checked where the current crop in Congress plan to retire, it may well not be U.S. locations.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
If Congress cannot find the strength among them to challenge President Obama, then he essentially becomes King Obama in elected office outside cases brought to the Supreme Court.

We can hope Congress remembers they are there for a reason other than personal enrichment, but I don't hold out much hope. They've pretty much sold us out, it seems. Entirely. I'm starting to think if we checked where the current crop in Congress plan to retire, it may well not be U.S. locations.

As another poster suggested, maybe the Rep. are waiting until after the November elections before they decide to do anything ......maybe

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
They have stonewalled Obama nearly his entire time in office. I do not blame him for pushing his powers to their limit to make things happen. As long as he is doing so within the laws of the US you can all go cry yourselves to sleep over it. If he does push it to far and actually breaks a law then he can cry his self to sleep in jail after his term.

Everyone pounced on him for not leading and now they are crying while he has decided to lead. Can't have it both ways.

Did you even read the posting..........First you say he should push his powers. Then you say they should do it legally. The progressive mind is such a mixed up thing left is right.......It is so sad the lack of simple personal truth.

It reminds me of a paper bag floating in the wind. As the breeze changes so does it direction. Life must be hard with the constant questioning of your very own personal truths.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

....and then we'll have about 6-9 months where Congress might...but only might get anything at all done before the 2016 General starts slowly cranking up. Sad to think it happens damn near back to back anymore, but there ya go and here we are.

Then it'll be 'waiting until after the Presidential election'.. Always a reason to wait and never a reason to show backbone. Each little wait has made for the gridlock and you know the worst part about what Obama is becoming for power? He didn't actively DO anything wrong to get to this point. There have simply been a total and complete lack of ANY checks to anything he's wanted to do, outside Super Court decisions on a couple points. Congress allows, and the President does.

I'm not honestly sure any of them wouldn't have filled the open vacuum Congress has left sitting there, if given similar chances like gifts from above. It's a near bumbling old coot running the Senate and a Political hack running the House.

We have no Congress to speak of...and the Court only reacts by law to what is brought TO it...so Obama's it by default, and we get what we asked for..I suppose.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join