It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delhi temperature touches 47.8 C, highest in 62 years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Temperature in the Capital touched 45.1 degree Celsius on Sunday while it was 47.8 degree C in and around Palam airport making it the hottest day in 62 years giving no respite to people reeling under a blistering heat wave.

Adding to the woes of heat-ravaged Delhiites, frequent power cuts across the city aggravated the situation and made life miserable.

The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) said there is no relief likely from the heat wave on Monday and similar weather conditions will continue.

"Instead, the maximum temperature will continue to hover around 45 degree Celsius on Monday as well," the IMD official said, adding, "there will be mainly clear sky".

indiatoday.intoday.in...

That's 47.8 C or 117.5 F.....whew, that's hot!!
These kids in New Delhi have the right idea

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Gotta be a local to take all that heat. I think lots of people there don't have AC, need to be a vedic superhuman or you melt your chakras.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That's too hot. After so many days of it you would be ready to drop dead. Definitely need an AC or water to jump into.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Thank God everyone in India has AC.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
My husband just got his shots to go over there. Business trip. He MAY have to go. He hopes not to. Everyone in the company he works for who goes over ends up coming back sick.

117 is hot. The hottest I've felt is a heat index of 128 ... that was here a few summer back. Between the heat and the Philadelphia air pollution, no one went outside.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
a reply to: violet

Thank God everyone in India has AC.

i seriously doubt that. there are millions of poor in India that don't even have electricity, forget aicons.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well this makes sense (insert rolleye emo here)

Thousands of people enraged by power cuts during an extreme heat wave rioted across northern India, setting electricity substations on fire and taking power company officials hostage, officials said Saturday.

If the power goes down and you cant use an AC you naturally set a substation on fire.

India riots sparked by heat wave, power outages

(In no way I am downplaying the poor electrical infrastructure and the underlying political reasons that the grid seemed to work just before elections nor the Indian Caste that is causing some regions to have power while other do not.)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: generik

I figured saying everyone in India has AC when millions still don't have access to a toilet would have wreaked with sarcasm. I guess not......

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What a weird world we live on, extreme heat in India, yet there is doubt the ice on lake Superior will melt!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This year is supposed to be an El Nino year here, which means an increase in temperatures. Supposedly the Pacific ocean has been recorded as high temperatures so far this year by the WMO (World Meteorological Association) and blah blah

I don't know how El Nino affects India, but this summer will probably be a sizzling one. It's very hot here when the sun is out, but then the clouds and rain take over to cool things down

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
People who have not build immune system will get sick.

If someone that grew up eating street vendor in India, Cuba, China,they will have better immune defence overall.

Tho, if that person moves to a new country and lives there for 10+ yrs, chances are they will lose the immune system slowly.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Seen a map where in most cases the poorest country's and which are often the least responsible for human caused climate change will hit the hardest and the country's which have the biggest blame the least.

Found the map:

edit on 10-6-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I mowed my yard when Phoenix hit 125...you get used to it,for a while.Nothing I'd want to spend all day outside in,but its tolerable in the short run.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
People who have not build immune system will get sick.

If someone that grew up eating street vendor in India, Cuba, China,they will have better immune defence overall.

Tho, if that person moves to a new country and lives there for 10+ yrs, chances are they will lose the immune system slowly.

Ok, yes, the human body is resilient to eating low quality food and making energy out of it, but what do you mean by "they will lose the immune system slowly" - wouldn't it also be more resilient to outside threats?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I worked for folks from India years ago, and one heatwave day was just miserable hot, IIR correctly, the actual temp was something ridonkulous like 105*F & the heat index was around 115*F. That's blistering, even for FL. They just shrugged it off and said that kind of heat was normal to them, and it felt fine that day. It was a WTFLOL moment for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The immunity is not permanent, it will lose effectiveness.

For example, if someone who lived off street food vendors for years and decided to move to a country with high sanitary conditions like Sweden, Canada etc... they will eventually lose the immunity that those low quality food offered. because the micorbes that those low quality food gave are not present any more.

Bacteria immunity or viral immunity.

The body will need a constant pressure to keep its immunity checked, if not it just slowly loses effectiveness.

A good example is North American tourist going to South America, Diarrhea.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Did you miss the part where it said "in 62 years".

It has been this hot before. It will be hot again.

BTW, most of those countries that are in your map wouldn't happen to be close to the equator, would they.Shhhh. It gets hot around the equator, don't tell anyone though.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Well i've had that and higher temperatures where I live,and i've heard we had a temperature similar to India's in my city.

The worse thing is, you never get used to the heat, EVER!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
a reply to: FlyersFan
I mowed my yard when Phoenix hit 125...you get used to it,for a while.Nothing I'd want to spend all day outside in,but its tolerable in the short run.

We work out outdoors, mostly in Louisiana now some in MS/TX, some days 12-14 hours and the humidity will smother you!!
You feel like you are going to suffocate some times

Been doing this for nearly 30 years and I've yet to get use to the heat + heat index = miserably hot!!

Having said that, I'd rather be hot than cold any day of the week
I've paid my dues working in the cold and I hate when it drops below 50 with the north wind blowing!! Brrrrr....
Takes me forever to warm up while when your hot, it only takes a few minutes in the AC to cool down

Hope those people in India can make it okay with very few heat related deaths

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
62yrs? Thats it?!

How old is earth again...
I just dont get why people are shocked by high/low temps.

Should we rediscover seasons or discuss other planets' rising temps? SMH

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join